• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

Danny VIP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm not aware of the answer to that, as even within the same flashcart model they sometimes have different icons, is there any reason for you to want that specific flashcart?
I like the spongebob icon one I had an r4 card that had it and it worked really good. I have a gold plus one and one that has Layton on it.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I like the spongebob icon one I had an r4 card that had it and it worked really good. I have a gold plus one and one that has Layton on it.
Most carts these days should work perfectly fine and act similarly as long as you stick to decent ones. If you want a new cart, I'd recommend the R4i Gold 3DS by r4ids.cn or the R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS from r4i-sdhc.com.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately source 2 does not currently have CFW. The way I was thinking would use it as a resting place for my NNID and saved data. The O3ds (Source 1) is the only device with CFW.
Oh I see. Ok, then you can do this:
  1. Transfer target to source 2
  2. Wait 7 days
  3. Transfer source 1 to target following https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)
  4. Wait 7 days
  5. Transfer source 2 to target
Now target will have CFW and all its stuff back.

You'll have to spend $2 on the DSiWare and still wait over 2 weeks plus a lot of hands-on time. Are you sure you don't want to just get a ntrboot capable flashcart? You'll have to wait for delivery, and it will cost a little more, but it will be easier and take less time and you'll have a way to play DS games after.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

giofrida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. Due to a malfunction of my N3DS I had to swap the board and I changed it with an American one, which does not allow me to set the Italian language. Currently, the console is hacked and running Luma3DS on fw 11.6.0.
Thanks to Luma3DS locale emulation and LumaLocaleSwitcher I could change the language of 3DS games.
Now I have got a few questions:
  1. Is it possible to set the a default locale in Luma3DS and apply it on all titles, instead of patching one by one?
  2. I have got a Supercard DSONEi, but I cannot set the locale for it, so all the NDS games are still in English. Did I get something wrong?
  3. Lastly, almost half of times I boot the flashcart, these artifacts appear:

When I press HOME button and I go back to the game the screen refreshes and the artifacts completely diseappear.
How can I solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards

Last edited by giofrida,

TheFireKyuubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to get cfw on a old3ds 11.6.0-39U (I also already have cfw on a new3dsxl 11.6.0-39U), whenever I try to run udsploit it gets stuck on a red screen afterwards, I heard that it got patched on 11.3. So will using sysdowngrader, or doing a cart update with oras, allow me to use udsploit.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, I'm trying to get cfw on a old3ds 11.6.0-39U (I also already have cfw on a new3dsxl 11.6.0-39U), whenever I try to run udsploit it gets stuck on a red screen afterwards, I heard that it got patched on 11.3. So will using sysdowngrader, or doing a cart update with oras, allow me to use udsploit.
No. Have a look at https://3ds.guide. You'll need a flashcard for ntrboot

bunnyzombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I need some help. So Im stuck on section 2 of Installing CFW (single console). Im have a stock N3DS, Firmware 11.4, and the flashcart Im using R4i RTS 3DS 2017 if any of that plays a role into my problem.

So when I get pass the magnet part and put in the code? I will get a FIRM backup fail. I have all the files required and everything up to date. I switch around SD cards and I got the same results.

Last edited by bunnyzombie,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I start writing a long config.json for my mulitupdater, do .3dsx files have the ability to autoupdate nowadays? I'm wondering which I need to manually update. Thanks!

Edit: Primarily will BootNTRSelector.3dsx autoupdate properly. Has anyone compiled a list of autoupdate programs?

Last edited by OrGoN3,

Jeroen27192

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heya People,

So a bit of a noobquestion. I have recently purchased the new 2ds XL. I already had a 4 in 1 DSTWO plus card with an SD card. I am able to play NDS games and all kinds of emulators. Now i was wondering, how can i play 3DS cards? I am a total noob and CFW'S and different kind of short terms for words i don't really understand that well. I am maybe a bit good in doing stuff like this, Rooting a phone is something i can do, and i also used custom firmware long time ago on a PSP, but can someone suggest me a guide from the point that i'm starting with, to having a DS that can play both NDS, Emulators and 3DS games? I havent installed anything on my DS so yeah... I read something about the "Fre Eshop"?

Ohyeah and another thing. I have a copy of Super smash bros 3ds and absolutely love it. Am i still able to play this game online after the whole proces of what i was talking about above?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Heya People,

So a bit of a noobquestion. I have recently purchased the new 2ds XL. I already had a 4 in 1 DSTWO plus card with an SD card. I am able to play NDS games and all kinds of emulators. Now i was wondering, how can i play 3DS cards? I am a total noob and CFW'S and different kind of short terms for words i don't really understand that well. I am maybe a bit good in doing stuff like this, Rooting a phone is something i can do, and i also used custom firmware long time ago on a PSP, but can someone suggest me a guide from the point that i'm starting with, to having a DS that can play both NDS, Emulators and 3DS games? I havent installed anything on my DS so yeah... I read something about the "Fre Eshop"?

Ohyeah and another thing. I have a copy of Super smash bros 3ds and absolutely love it. Am i still able to play this game online after the whole proces of what i was talking about above?
You will need a different DS flashcart. See https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

And yes.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So if i order this one: R4i Gold 3DS Plus i would be able to switch it to 3DS mode, put 3DS games on it and play them? Or do i have to do some steps before being able to do that?
You need to follow the guide linked to install cfw. After that you don't need the flashcard for 3ds games.

mikeabbo10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently updated my 3ds firmware, currently getting a black screen when attempting boot up.

I was previously advised to update luma and bootstrap9.

Currently on luma3ds v6.1.1 and hourglass9 v1.20

Following this guide:
https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s.html

up to -
Section II - Installing boot9strap

attempting to launch the chainloader

this is just loading me up to hourglass9 when holding start, i have tried changing the file names, but it keeps taking me to black screen again

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I recently updated my 3ds firmware, currently getting a black screen when attempting boot up.

I was previously advised to update luma and bootstrap9.

Currently on luma3ds v6.1.1 and hourglass9 v1.20

Following this guide:
https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s.html

up to -
Section II - Installing boot9strap

attempting to launch the chainloader

this is just loading me up to hourglass9 when holding start, i have tried changing the file names, but it keeps taking me to black screen again
You have A9LH so you need to follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night