• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes... That's why save injection exists Lol. Game Injection is only there because those four games that work with save injection were pulled from the shop a LONG time ago. The method is only there as an archive more or less for people that still have them, like yourself. :D
I should’ve realized it lol. But I manged to get the Save Injection exploit to work! Now i can continue @Quantumcat steps. Thanks for all the help!

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question! So after installing b9s on the New3DS (target), the guide said the Luma config should start after powering on... but it didn't. I was scared that it didn't work but when i held SELECT button during start-up the config appeared!

I finished right? Al I need to do is restore the tickets from my cias and it'll be like I never left my o3DS? (saved data backed up with JKSM).

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

My 3DS xl (old) is at firmware 7.2 sysnand. I originally installed rxtools and some other homebrew functions on it but i havent used it in at least a year. Can i just empty my sd card without any negative consequences? If i wanted to get Luma would it pose an issue for me as im on an old firmware. Would i need to update?

Lastly on the 3ds guide it for 7.2 users my options are:
w9k60n.png

So unless i can solder or get a flashcart i cant move forward?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi

My 3DS xl (old) is at firmware 7.2 sysnand. I originally installed rxtools and some other homebrew functions on it but i havent used it in at least a year. Can i just empty my sd card without any negative consequences? If i wanted to get Luma would it pose an issue for me as im on an old firmware. Would i need to update?

Lastly on the 3ds guide it for 7.2 users my options are:
w9k60n.png

So unless i can solder or get a flashcart i cant move forward?

You will NOT need a hardmod or ntrboot flashcart. What makes you think that? There is a 7.0-8.1 section (unless you don't have a browser, which is unlikely - otherwise how are you getting accessing rxTools? Look a little closer at the table). Just follow the guide on your sysNAND and youll be fine.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

hadokenzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!
I'm new to the boards, but long time occasional lurker. Had a look around but I'm basically looking for advice with my current 3DS situation.

Basically, I have a O3DSXL on FW4.4 that I sometimes use with a Gateway cart. Sitting with GW FW8.1 or something.
I guess I'm wondering what I should do to get this up to date and doing some cool stuff. In the future, I'd like to maybe play some GBA games.
It seems the format used by the Gateway is not supported often for things like fan patches. (I might also like to play the DQ Monsters 1 fan translation. When this came out was the last time I tried using the cart and didn't have much success.)

Any idea where to go from here? I do kind of like the "safety" of the Gateway, but from what I can tell, I'm going to have a hard time doing things that aren't basic (installing GBA games, patching games, etc.)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!
I'm new to the boards, but long time occasional lurker. Had a look around but I'm basically looking for advice with my current 3DS situation.

Basically, I have a O3DSXL on FW4.4 that I sometimes use with a Gateway cart. Sitting with GW FW8.1 or something.
I guess I'm wondering what I should do to get this up to date and doing some cool stuff. In the future, I'd like to maybe play some GBA games.
It seems the format used by the Gateway is not supported often for things like fan patches. (I might also like to play the DQ Monsters 1 fan translation. When this came out was the last time I tried using the cart and didn't have much success.)

Any idea where to go from here? I do kind of like the "safety" of the Gateway, but from what I can tell, I'm going to have a hard time doing things that aren't basic (installing GBA games, patching games, etc.)

Before you do anything, you should install JKSM (use FBI.3ds to install JKSM.cia) and export your Gateway saves, if you don't do this before you update it will be complicated to do it later. (This is assuming you want to keep your save files). Look at https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/. You will find FBI.3ds in the FBI github releases page, and same for JKSM (on JKSM's github releases page)

To install proper CFW look at https://3ds.guide, you should be able to do the browser method. Or, if you like you can use MSET (or if you don't have a browser), which is basically the same way you load Gateway.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Majickhat55

hadokenzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To install proper CFW look
(Sorry, snipped the quote because the board kept thinking it was spam content?)

So, I take it in that case that what I want to do is easier with CFW than gateway and thus you're recommending the former.
(I think I can load .cia files using Gateway, right? But not the GBA game thing?)
In order to do this, do I need to undo anything the Gateway did? Or could I even just install CFW on my emunand?
Thanks for helping out!

Last edited by hadokenzero,

Repairedbee82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so while I was doing CTRtransfer I got an error code that said "No valid Destination" I'm currently on my sysnand with this file 171016_UNKNOWNXXX_sysnand_000 and I don't know how to bypass that error. Plus, there multiple symbol writing above the error.

Here is my resultView attachment 107967View attachment 107968
With reinand emunand deleted and it has been converted to sysnand, but still in reinand file. I feel like I've messed up. Hmm... what should I do about this Quantumcat?

mikeabbo10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Running Luna on 3ds XL, performed a system update, after the update nothing is booting up. Just black screen.

Can still access Lima and hour glass.

Any thoughts?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
(Sorry, snipped the quote because the board kept thinking it was spam content?)

So, I take it in that case that what I want to do is easier with CFW than gateway and thus you're recommending the former.
(I think I can load .cia files using Gateway, right? But not the GBA game thing?)
In order to do this, do I need to undo anything the Gateway did? Or could I even just install CFW on my emunand?
Thanks for helping out!
Yes you can install cia files with Gateway, and yes you can't play GBA (or DSiWare) games. You don't have to undo anything Gateway did. If you follow the optional move emuNAND section when presented to you you will retain all system data from your emuNAND, but you won't have access to the saves once updated so you should take the opportunity to export them to a universal format now (if you care about them). Then just follow the guide as written.

GooglyDoogly

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm wondering if R4i SDHC-Silver RTS LITE 2017 can run ntrboot?This card is from r4isdhc com. I want it to work for New 2ds. I've been reading that this card is the same as the Dual Core and gold pro version.
I haven't seen a video of someone running ntrboot on this specific card, but 3ds guide lists this card as working with it. However, I have seen a website ozmodchips that says this about the card:

"WE ARE AWARE THAT 3DS GUIDE LISTS THAT THIS CARD CAN BE USED TO INSTALL NTRBOOTHAX, BUT WE HAVE TESTED IT OUT WITH NO SUCCESS. NOT NTRBOOTHAX COMPATIBLE!!!!!"

However, I have seen people using ntrboot on the R4 SDHC Dual-Core. It also says that it's the same method for R4i SDHC RTS lite silver.

I want to use "Flashing ntrboot (3DS Single System)" method.

Can anyone confirm if this card (R4i SDHC-Silver RTS LITE 2017) is working with ntrboot?

Last edited by GooglyDoogly,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, I'm wondering if R4i SDHC-Silver RTS LITE 2017 can run ntrboot?This card is from r4isdhc com. I want it to work for New 2ds. I've been reading that this card is the same as the Dual Core and gold pro version.
I haven't seen a video of someone running ntrboot on this specific card, but 3ds guide lists this card as working with it. However, I have seen a website ozmodchips that says this about the card:

"WE ARE AWARE THAT 3DS GUIDE LISTS THAT THIS CARD CAN BE USED TO INSTALL NTRBOOTHAX, BUT WE HAVE TESTED IT OUT WITH NO SUCCESS. NOT NTRBOOTHAX COMPATIBLE!!!!!"

However, I have seen people using ntrboot on the R4 SDHC Dual-Core. It also says that it's the same method for R4i SDHC RTS lite silver.

I want to use "Flashing ntrboot (3DS Single System)" method.

Can anyone confirm if this card (R4i SDHC-Silver RTS LITE 2017) is working with ntrboot?
It'll work.

Reactions: GooglyDoogly

Cookie__XD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to get the maximum sound quality out of my 3ds.
Will it make sense to do a bluetooth mod and connect the 3ds directly to a high quality bluetooth speaker?
I got bad experience with direct connecting my 3ds with a aux cable(low quality cable) to my speaker, it just sounds blurry not crisp at all.
With my high quality headphone (aux input) it sounds a bit better but far away from what I was expecting.
Now I was asking myself if the quality could be better by connecting a bluetooth transmitter directly to the audio output on the 3ds's circuit board and transmit it to either headphones, my PC or my bluetooth speaker.
(So I did not had to use the headphone jack of my 3ds, were the quality loss can happen)
For me it just is not clear if it would make any hearable difference or if the 3ds sound output is just very poor.
And is it complicated to pair a bluetooth transmitter to a speaker? (Can't imagine how this would work, cause on phones you manually have to select the speaker to connect...)

Somehow related question:
Is there any combination of a bluetooth soft- and hardmod to be able to control it with an ingame menu?
I don't think so, but it would be very nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi