• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you should use that guide. Just know that Homebrew CIAs (FBI included) and any non-legit titles will not transfer properly and will need to be reinstalled after the transfer. Back up your save files first with JKSM or Checkpoint first.
So I’ll have to install FBI the way I did in the first place, I forgot how I did that in the first place tbh. I think it was in the a9lh guide...

But everything else is alright. Thanks for the reaffirmation! Redownloading all those cias will be a bit of a pain but it’ll be worth it.

Last edited by Rion45,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I’ll have to install FBI the way I did in the first place, I forgot how I did that in the first place tbh.

But everything else is alright. Thanks for the reaffirmation! Redownloading all those cias will be a bit of a pain but it’ll be worth it.
Make sure to read what @ihaveamac said in regards to my post. Only the tickets will need to be reinstalled for non-legit titles. Homebrew CIAs will need to be reinstalled.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i want to downgrade my SD card of my 3ds (luma with b9s) i can just delete game data with freeshop till i have the desired size and just copy paste the files on sd to the new one right?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i want to downgrade my SD card of my 3ds (luma with b9s) i can just delete game data with freeshop till i have the desired size and just copy paste the files on sd to the new one right?
Delete game data...with freeshop?? What? Just use FBI. Go to FBI, then to Titles, click on the title you want to delete (don't delete system titles-it doesn't end well) and click "Delete Title and Ticket."

jacknapier4502

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day all.

I have a New 3DS XL (11.0.0-33U) and have successfully followed the 3ds.guide instructions to install the homebrew launcher via soundhax. However when I get to the safehax stage it loads and says "unsupported firmware!".

I have re tried all the steps several times from scratch but always get to this stage and receive the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day all.

I have a New 3DS XL (11.0.0-33U) and have successfully followed the 3ds.guide instructions to install the homebrew launcher via soundhax. However when I get to the safehax stage it loads and says "unsupported firmware!".

I have re tried all the steps several times from scratch but always get to this stage and receive the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Make sure you're running udsploit EVERYTIME before trying to run safehax. If it fails, you need to run udsploit again. Make sure you followed these directions in the guide as well : Copy SafeB9SInstaller.bin from the SafeB9SInstaller .zip to the root of your SD card and rename SafeB9SInstaller.bin to safehaxpayload.bin.

Also make sure your wi-fi is turned on when trying.

Reactions: Quantumcat

jacknapier4502

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're running udsploit EVERYTIME before trying to run safehax. If it fails, you need to run udsploit again. Make sure you followed these directions in the guide as well : Copy SafeB9SInstaller.bin from the SafeB9SInstaller .zip to the root of your SD card and rename SafeB9SInstaller.bin to safehaxpayload.bin.

Also make sure your wi-fi is turned on when trying.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response! I have been loading udsploit each time I try safehax but I will definitely try the safeb9installer tip. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response! I have been loading udsploit each time I try safehax but I will definitely try the safeb9installer tip. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
Hi,

Yes I just checked and I had already renamed it to safehaxpayload.bin as per the guide. Any oither ideas what it could be?

Kri3tian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.
So I had my 2ds working with Luma for the past months.
Yesterday I turn it on and ask me to update. OK, I think, what can go wrong. And that's the problem. After that the screen stays black. If I remove the SD card works well, with ofw 9.x
With the card nothing. If I press start during the start up I go to the homebrew but I can't go more than that.
Suggestions?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.
I would like to clean out my SD card and remove useless stuff. These are the files that I think I don't need, but should I keep some of them?:
(starts \/)
axiwram.dmp
FBI/lasturls
boot.firm.sha
bootonce.firm
last.section
(ends /\)
Thanks.

Hi there.
Yesterday I turn it on and ask me to update. OK, I think, what can go wrong. And that's the problem. After that the screen stays black. If I remove the SD card works well, with ofw 9.x
With the card nothing. If I press start during the start up I go to the homebrew but I can't go more than that.
Suggestions?
That happened to me once, just randomly. Put the sd card in your computer and redownload the boot.firm for luma. Replace the old one with the new one. That might solve the problem.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there.
Suggestions?
why are you running emunand . . . do this if you have bs9 Updating B9S. . . or this if you have al9h A9LH to B9S the above advice will work
Hello all.
I would like to clean out my SD card and remove useless stuff. These are the files that I think I don't need, but should I keep some of them?:
(starts \/)
axiwram.dmp
FBI/lasturls
boot.firm.sha
bootonce.firm
last.section
(ends /\)
Thanks.

That happened to me once, just randomly. Put the sd card in your computer and redownload the boot.firm for luma. Replace the old one with the new one. That might solve the problem.
go for it

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes I just checked and I had already renamed it to safehaxpayload.bin as per the guide. Any oither ideas what it could be?
Are you on stock OFW 11.0?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I believe so. The 3DS was bought used so its possible it could have had CFW in the past but how would I be able to find that out? According to the system settings it just reads as 11.0.0-33U.
No real way to tell unless the original SD card was supplied with the files... You could attempt to hold "select" and then press power to see if Luma loads after putting either "arm9loaderhax.bin" or "boot.firm" on the SD or something. I'm just guessing you might have a frakenfirm from a cart update, or from an outdated hacking method like menuhacks or something.

If those aren't the issue, then I would just keep trying it. Usually it only says "firmware unsupported" when it means just that.

Have you tried the other release suggested by the guide here https://github.com/TiniVi/safehax/releases/tag/r19

I'd also double check your firmware in system settings. udsploit/safehax only work up to 11.3.... You may have updated your console without realizing it.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: