3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. villiers

villiers Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2017
    Saudi Arabia
    i used winzip or winrar... i'll try 7zip, thx for suggesting :)

well noted master, i'll try

2. Flipnfr3ak

Flipnfr3ak GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    It’s been a while. I tried looking up everything but I’m confused. Please see my photos as I want to update. New 3ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Flipnfr3ak

Flipnfr3ak GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Follow this https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and update normally through system settings

5. Nickm23

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    Very true :) But it doesnt sort specefic boxes. So it would mix up my events with my shiny collection haha.

6. Dawararima

Dawararima Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2017
    Will my 5 month old backup still work with my CFW 3ds? I didn't update my 3ds or didn't do anything significant to it. Just wondering 'cause my SD card got hit by another error and I'm trying to restore the data with my backup.

7. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    It should work

Dawararima likes this.
  8. RocketRon

RocketRon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2014
    Gambia, The
    berlin
    allright! Thanks

9. RoDryBones

RoDryBones Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Sup fellas, my friend has a problem.

He bought a second hand O3DS with rxtools with sysnand on 9.2 and emunand on who-the-hell knows, that outdated. He accidentally broke the golden rule and updated sysnand so, voilá, he lost all the custom firmware and the games. He's on 11.6 now. Is it possible to do something now? What would be the best course of action at this point? Wait for a new hax?

10. stryfe1984

stryfe1984 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    United States
    So long time lurker here -- I installed Luma3ds using the online 3ds guide with B9S. All worked fine for a while. I updated the system (old3ds) without issue, made a sysnand backup -- all that. I installed a .cia and it worked. But the game crashed when closing the lid, and when rebooting (after having to hard restart) it came up with a black screen. God mode still worked, but I couldn't get back into the menu at all. I deleted luma3ds config, and it would pop up and ask about emunand, but still wouldn't boot to menu.

So I reinstalled sysnand and it worked, but the .cias were gone. So I reinstalled them, but the save games were gone. Very frustrating. My question is, this doesn't seem normal -- is there something I am doing wrong? Is a black screen like that normal? Should I not be fully on sysnand, but be on emunand or have them separated? I am not following the 3ds scene well and legit do not understand a lot of difference and things that need to be done in order to have functioning CFW. Or maybe this is just normal?

11. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    So i remember a couple months ago a big ban wave happened. How is it now? Is it safe to play games online from the freeshop? (Pokemon, etc).

Just turned off Spotpass and show to my friends what im playing. What else should i do? Can i play online without a problem?

12. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    You should be fine

alexj9626 likes this.
  13. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Get a ntrboot capable flashcart and install B9S. It's basically a stock system at this point. https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What do you mean "reinstall sysNAND"? And you shouldn't be using an emuNAND, it just causes problems and has no benefits.

14. Sai3DS

Sai3DS Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2017
    Malaysia
    hi guys..i just bought a new 3ds today...anyone wanna guide and help me mod..ive read the 3ds.guide website but i dont understand some part of it..and..i'm scared...

15. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    Just follow the guide. It's very good and safe. What section of it are you having trouble understanding

16. Sai3DS

Sai3DS Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2017
    Malaysia
    i dont understand about the warning on cart updates..breaking my soundhax...i need alternative ways entering homebrew..should i be concern about this...i havent inserted any cart yet...

17. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    It means if the console has been updated using a game cart earlier it might not work. As you have never even inserted a cart to the console you don't have to worry about that.

18. Flare-be

Flare-be Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2017
    Belgium
    At step 8.30 of ntrboot 3DS guide I'm getting an error message, when trying to run setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9 => 0:/gm9/scrip...rnand_luma3ds.gm9 line 2:unknown cmd. Anybody knows a solution? I've tried redownloading the file but without success. Thanks a lot!

19. Sai3DS

Sai3DS Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2017
    Malaysia
    okay..here goes nothing...thanks

20. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Well the latest version of mGBA does what I want but I can't find new versions of older homebrew like SCUMMVM or Gameyob. Do I need to find their source codes and compile in devkitpro? I tried compiling one of the examples and seemed to work, but I'm very new to this.