Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I currently still have reinand on my new 3ds xl as i could not bother to update.
A few minutes ago i've updated my emunand to the latest version and, as it turns out, i'm not unable to boot my emunand (it boots up normally, i select reinand, custom logo screen appears as usual, then the console goes dark).

So, question 1: is there a "lazy" fix or am i forced to upgrade to newer stuff?

question 2: if there is no lazy fix, how can i backup my saves and which cfw should i go for?
Lazy fix: download arm9loaderhax.bin from the 7.0.5 release (NOT the latest one) https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
You may need other things depending if you have menuhax or A9LH and how old your sysNAND is. But just try that to start with and see if it works.
Non lazy fix: if you are on A9LH, follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and if you are on menuhax or other, follow the guide from the beginning (https://3ds.guide).

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lazy fix: download arm9loaderhax.bin from the 7.0.5 release (NOT the latest one) https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
You may need other things depending if you have menuhax or A9LH and how old your sysNAND is. But just try that to start with and see if it works.
Non lazy fix: if you are on A9LH, follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and if you are on menuhax or other, follow the guide from the beginning (https://3ds.guide).

Considering that i'm on menuhax (with sysnand being 9.something iirc) i doubt that will work, but it's worth trying. =)
Regarding savegames, assuming i'll install a9lh from the beginning using a new microSD card, how should i proceed?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Considering that i'm on menuhax (with sysnand being 9.something iirc) i doubt that will work, but it's worth trying. =)
Regarding savegames, assuming i'll install a9lh from the beginning using a new microSD card, how should i proceed?
a9lh is out, b9s is what you are looking for, just check the Guide

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You should install boot9strap (follow the guide) using your current SD and follow the move emunand section when the guide tells you to. You'll keep all your saves/games/data. Then you can copy-paste the SD contents to the new card if you want to.

Reactions: Quantumcat

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You should install boot9strap (follow the guide) using your current SD and follow the move emunand section when the guide tells you to. You'll keep all your saves/games/data. Then you can copy-paste the SD contents to the new card if you want to.

I've taken a look at the guide on https://3ds.guide and it seems my recommended course of action is to use soundhax (since my sysnand is 9.x) to install luma3DS.

However i can't spot the step you mention in that guide.

Are you referring to another guide?
Is there another way to backup the saves? (i do not really care about the games themselves as i can re-download them)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've taken a look at the guide on https://3ds.guide and it seems my recommended course of action is to use soundhax (since my sysnand is 9.x) to install luma3DS.

Is there another way to backup the saves? (i do not really care about the games themselves as i can re-download them)
It's in finalizing setup section II beginning

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The move emunand section comes after you've already installed B9S. Just continue with the guide and make sure you read the block texts with the blue background. For some reason, everyone ignores those when they answer half the questions asked here.

Reactions: Quantumcat

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The move emunand section comes after you've already installed B9S. Just continue with the guide and make sure you read the block texts with the blue background. For some reason, everyone ignores those when they answer half the questions asked here.

Yep, guilty. I completely skipped that box.

It's in finalizing setup section II beginning

Thank you for pointing out the exact section. =)

---

Still, is there a way to copy the savegames elsewhere and recover them after a clean install?
Currently my SD is fairly "dirty" (as in it's filled to the brim) and the steps seem very specific.
Going through all the process with my emunand installed and expecting to recover my saves at the end is moderately unsettling. (plus i'll need to either clean it or copy all content into a new microSD)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

---

Still, is there a way to copy the savegames elsewhere and recover them after a clean install?
Currently my SD is fairly "dirty" (as in it's filled to the brim) and the steps seem very specific.
Going through all the process with my emunand installed and expecting to recover my saves at the end is moderately unsettling. (plus i'll need to either clean it or copy all content into a new microSD)
You can follow the guide until you have moved the emunand, put Luma boot.firm and the homebrew starter kit to the new SD and follow the finalizing setup on the new sd

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

---

Add JKSM.3dsx to your 3ds folder and backup all your saves (look at the help inside, it will tell you what keys to press to do all of them instead of one at a time). Then copy the JKSM folder to somewhere safe. Some games will require you to back up extdata as well.

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Add JKSM.3dsx to your 3ds folder and backup all your saves (look at the help inside, it will tell you what keys to press to do all of them instead of one at a time). Then copy the JKSM folder to somewhere safe. Some games will require you to back up extdata as well.

I googled "JKSM 3ds" and i've found JK's save manager, however currently my emunand does not boot at all (i can still access the homebrew channel)... can i run it from the homebrew/sysnand?

Also, just to be sure:
I currently have a clogged-up 16GB SD with reinand (less than 1GB free), 9.x sysnand, access to the homebrew channel and a 32GB SD i'd like to use.

I'm still unsure about the details of the "move EmuNAND" step (since i don't yet have the new SD and i haven't seen a video of somebody else doing it).
Should i:
A) Use the new 32GB following the guide from step 0 and at the time of moving NANDS i'll load the required software, swap SDs(new->old), save required data somewhere and swap SDs(old->new) again?
B) Use the old 16GB after i find a way to clean it up sufficiently, follow the guide from step 0 and at the time of moving NANDS there will be a way to copy the required data? After which i guess i would copy/paste everything into the new SD (which means the new SD will be essentially a copy)
B1.2) Same as above but skipping soundhax since i can already access the homebrew?

Also: in the guide it's said that "you should follow all instructions from within or applying to SysNAND" (when addressing people with an emunand).
What does this mean? Are there steps where i can choose to perform actions on either sysnand or emunand?

Sorry for all the detailed questions, i'm sure it's not the first time you read them, i'm trying to make sure i don't end up with a brick in my hands. :)

edit

I've looked further and from what i understand the idea is to "dump" emunand into sysnand and get rid of emunand completely, which makes sense.
I guess my SD will be used to boot and store data (as in, no SD = nothing boots at all), is this correct?
Does this also mean that it's possible that a system update will break the whole thing despite having an extremely early boot?

edit
(luma3ds) "protects the Firm0 and Firm1 partitions of the SysNAND from Nintendo’s Updater, thereby protecting your Arm9LoaderHax installation, and making this hack completely self-sustaining, and in addition, making the need for EmuNAND essentially vanish, as Nintendo’s Updates are no longer any threat to you."
Neat so i guess that isn't an issue. =)

Last edited by iv2b,

Robbytron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have on O3DS on 11.0.0-33U that is always bugging me to update. I originally downgraded to Ver. 2.1.0, got my OTP, updated, installed arm9loaderhax (with Luma3DS which it currently v6.6).

Now with that out of the way......Can I update my firmware to the latest version and if so what steps do I need to take?
I have asked elsewhere and I get various different answers with some people telling me not to update. Thanks

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have on O3DS on 11.0.0-33U that is always bugging me to update. I originally downgraded to Ver. 2.1.0, got my OTP, updated, installed arm9loaderhax (with Luma3DS which it currently v6.6).

Now with that out of the way......Can I update my firmware to the latest version and if so what steps do I need to take?
I have asked elsewhere and I get various different answers with some people telling me not to update. Thanks
You can update, but it's highly recommend to update to boot9strap first: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

bomboy2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
some qustions i got (n2dsxl fw11.5 and i want to hack it useing a flashcart)
1.should the flash cart always be inside the device or can i remove it if i want to play a cartige game?
2.i read somewhere that useing a 128gb sd card makes it glitch sometimes, what size should i buy (im gona download some stuffs on the sd card useing the cfw so i need space)?
3.where should i put the bigger sd card (if i have only one), in the system or the flash cart?
4. in https://3ds.guide/ its stated that a 11.5 n2dsxl needs boot9strap but all version can do it with a flashcart, so am i suppuse to install the boot9strap or is it not needed and i cant do it with only the ntrbooot?
5.if i buy a flash cart from here http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 useing paypal do i:need anymore info other then paypal/adress/basic info (phone name mail etc) and is it trusted? (also, how do i track the shippment?)
6.after installing cfw and doing some piracy, can i connect and play with other players or will i surelly get a ban?
7.can the magnets proccess of useing it for sleep mode ruin the console?
8.what looks better? black and turquoise or white and orange?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
some qustions i got (n2dsxl fw11.5 and i want to hack it useing a flashcart)
1.should the flash cart always be inside the device or can i remove it if i want to play a cartige game?
2.i read somewhere that useing a 128gb sd card makes it glitch sometimes, what size should i buy (im gona download some stuffs on the sd card useing the cfw so i need space)?
3.where should i put the bigger sd card (if i have only one), in the system or the flash cart?
4. in https://3ds.guide/ its stated that a 11.5 n2dsxl needs boot9strap but all version can do it with a flashcart, so am i suppuse to install the boot9strap or is it not needed and i cant do it with only the ntrbooot?
5.if i buy a flash cart from here http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 useing paypal do i:need anymore info other then paypal/adress/basic info (phone name mail etc) and is it trusted? (also, how do i track the shippment?)
6.after installing cfw and doing some piracy, can i connect and play with other players or will i surelly get a ban?
7.can the magnets proccess of useing it for sleep mode ruin the console?
8.what looks better? black and turquoise or white and orange?
1. No. It's only used for installing boot9strap, after that it isn't needed
2. Any size will do (at least up to 256gb) as long as you format it to fat32 using guiformat
3. The system. The flashcard doesn't need any more than 1gb unless you want to play a lot of old ds games.
4. You're installing boot9strap using the ntrboot exploit
5. I'm not sure about the info or tracking, but they're the most trusted seller
6. Yes you can and will probably not get banned as long as you follow the precautionary steps in the guide
7. I've never heard of it doing anything like that. If you want to be safe make sure to use some weak magnet like a fridge magnet
8. In my opinion black, but it depends on what you like

bomboy2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
1. No. It's only used for installing boot9strap, after that it isn't needed
2. Any size will do (at least up to 256gb) as long as you format it to fat32 using guiformat
3. The system. The flashcard doesn't need any more than 1gb unless you want to play a lot of old ds games.
4. You're installing boot9strap using the ntrboot exploit
5. I'm not sure about the info or tracking, but they're the most trusted seller
6. Yes you can and will probably not get banned as long as you follow the precautionary steps in the guide
7. I've never heard of it doing anything like that. If you want to be safe make sure to use some weak magnet like a fridge magnet
8. In my opinion black, but it depends on what you like
thanks alot! and is there a guide to cleaning the flashcard sd card so i could use it for other uses or for ds roms?

applZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone !
Got meself a ds with 11.5.38 with no hack on it whatseoever, my research told me it was useless as there are no homebrew crack yet.

Managed to get a hold of an old 7.0.0 o3DS and i'd like to update it to 9.2, start dwelling in cfw and whatnot.

All the guides i found to make a switch from 7.0 to 9.2 seemed really old and some of them obsolete.

If you guys have any links i can follow that you know is the way to go then that would be lovely

Thanks a lot guys and have a delicious night!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey everyone !
Got meself a ds with 11.5.38 with no hack on it whatseoever, my research told me it was useless as there are no homebrew crack yet.

Managed to get a hold of an old 7.0.0 o3DS and i'd like to update it to 9.2, start dwelling in cfw and whatnot.

All the guides i found to make a switch from 7.0 to 9.2 seemed really old and some of them obsolete.

If you guys have any links i can follow that you know is the way to go then that would be lovely

Thanks a lot guys and have a delicious night!
Follow https://3ds.guide You'll hack it on 7.0 and during the guide you'll update to 11.5
You can then use the 3ds to hack the 11.5 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb