Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
anyone have any ideas? I'm on the most recent kernel for the card and my 3ds is updated.

When I boot I get a 2k sports logo and after launching it I get a system error asking me to turn off the system.

Thank you!
Do you have CFW? You can try using TWLoader and stuff. I have also seen a thread that says it contains firmwares for lots of different DS flashcarts. Maybe that thread will have the files you need.

Suhaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have CFW? You can try using TWLoader and stuff. I have also seen a thread that says it contains firmwares for lots of different DS flashcarts. Maybe that thread will have the files you need.

Complete noob here, could you explain what cfw and twloader are? I'll check out the thread as well.

So far what I've done is downloaded newest kernel, formatted my sd card and placed the files into the formatted sd card. I've also created a new folder for a rom I have. After booting the console I see a new icon for 2k sports after pressing it I get the error that asks me to turn off the console.

Suhaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complete noob here, could you explain what cfw and twloader are? I'll check out the thread as well.

So far what I've done is downloaded newest kernel, formatted my sd card and placed the files into the formatted sd card. I've also created a new folder for a rom I have. After booting the console I see a new icon for 2k sports after pressing it I get the error that asks me to turn off the console.

I'm honestly just going to assume this flash cart is bricked or it's a clone. Could anyone recommend the best flash cart to get for a 3ds xl?

Thank you!

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot into sysNAND and follow https://3ds.guide

When you get the option to "Move emuNAND" then do it. You'll get all your games and data back.

Ok so far I have gotten to the point of https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher) for Section II

I inputed the directional symbols needed and pressed A . However it doesnt reboot the device, instead it goes to what I guess is the next part and it has a list of options for Luma3DS v8.1 configuration. Press A to select, START to save

Autoboot EmuNAND
Use EmuNAND FIRM if botting with R
Enable loading external FIRMs and modules
Enable game patching
Show NAND or user string in System Settings
Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM
Patch ARM9 access
Set developer UNITINFO
Disable ARM11 exception handlers

What should I do here? I tried to hold the power button to turn off so I can redo this specific step again, but it just comes right back to this screen with the list of choices I just showed.

Edit: Oh wait a minute. Im reading Section III right now and its listing the same options as what I just typed. Maybe the pressing of the A button rebooted into this configuration menu? I guess I was doing everything okay after all?

Last edited by superluccix,

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so far I have gotten to the point of https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher) for Section II

I inputed the directional symbols needed and pressed A . However it doesnt reboot the device, instead it goes to what I guess is the next part and it has a list of options for Luma3DS v8.1 configuration. Press A to select, START to save

Autoboot EmuNAND
Use EmuNAND FIRM if botting with R
Enable loading external FIRMs and modules
Enable game patching
Show NAND or user string in System Settings
Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM
Patch ARM9 access
Set developer UNITINFO
Disable ARM11 exception handlers

What should I do here? I tried to hold the power button to turn off so I can redo this specific step again, but it just comes right back to this screen with the list of choices I just showed.

Edit: Oh wait a minute. Im reading Section III right now and its listing the same options as what I just typed. Maybe the pressing of the A button rebooted into this configuration menu? I guess I was doing everything okay after all?

Ok something bad has happened and I dont know what. In my edit of the quoted post, I figured the configuration menu with all the options mean I was in Section III right then. And preceded to continue. I think I was correct at that time but not sure. Anyways I completed Section III but I noticed it gave me what I think was an error message that told me to push any button to shutdown, it said something like "An exception has occured". So I did thinking I messed up, but I noticed at the very bottom of Section III it states "Just continue to next page" So I did so and continued from https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup and completed Section I by powering up the device.

So I powered up the device and noticed I still had that same "An exception occurred" error message on the top screen with a bunch of numbers and letters under "Stack dump" at the bottom screen.

Now I have 2 things going in my head right now. Number 1. I messed up somewhere. Number 2. I notice that right after the "Power on your device" of Section I of https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup it says "If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND before doing this section."

Now I want to know if I end up doing that section, will this error message go away? Or was this error message supposed to already have gone away at this point? Because I dont want to continue doing more steps if I already messed up somehow thereby making it even more messed up.

Can somebody clarify this please? I am not able to turn on my 3ds and get past this message screen.

Edit: Now Im even more scared. If I take the SD card out and try to turn it on, I dont even get the error message anymore, just a black screen. The blue power button comes on for like 1-2 seconds then goes off. Please tell me this is somehow salvageable.

2nd Edit: Not sure if this matters. But after clicking and following https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_b9s and scrolling down to the "Black Screen on SysNAND boot after installing boot9strap" I notice that I could delete the config.bin file under the luma folder to try and go back into the luma3ds configuration menu. So I deleted it, put back the SD in my 3ds, and booted it up and successfully got back into the configuration menu for luma. I made sure to press A on the "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" and then press START to save and reboot. It goes right back to the "An exception has occurred" error message. So I believe this portion was right here is where the problem is. Should I be Pressing A on some of the other options as well maybe?

Please help

GLloyd303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately it’s quite strange this is happening. At this point, it could be a corrupted file. Try downloading soundhax, otherapp and payloads again. Avoid download managers; use good ol’ browser.
Delete those files from the card and put the newly downloaded in:
Alternatively, you could follow the guide using an alternative hax entry point to run HBL other than soundhax.

I'll try download the files again, I've already tried downloading the otherapp one again so will try the other two - I've been following 3ds.guide as usual. I don't use download managers, so I'm good there.

Sadly I can't try an alternative method as I have no flash cart, nor soldering iron.

I may just have to give up on this one and admit defeat. I have a couple of other units which are old 3ds XLs which I expect to be no problem.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok something bad has happened and I dont know what. In my edit of the quoted post, I figured the configuration menu with all the options mean I was in Section III right then. And preceded to continue. I think I was correct at that time but not sure. Anyways I completed Section III but I noticed it gave me what I think was an error message that told me to push any button to shutdown, it said something like "An exception has occured". So I did thinking I messed up, but I noticed at the very bottom of Section III it states "Just continue to next page" So I did so and continued from https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup and completed Section I by powering up the device.

So I powered up the device and noticed I still had that same "An exception occurred" error message on the top screen with a bunch of numbers and letters under "Stack dump" at the bottom screen.

Now I have 2 things going in my head right now. Number 1. I messed up somewhere. Number 2. I notice that right after the "Power on your device" of Section I of https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup it says "If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND before doing this section."

Now I want to know if I end up doing that section, will this error message go away? Or was this error message supposed to already have gone away at this point? Because I dont want to continue doing more steps if I already messed up somehow thereby making it even more messed up.

Can somebody clarify this please? I am not able to turn on my 3ds and get past this message screen.

Edit: Now Im even more scared. If I take the SD card out and try to turn it on, I dont even get the error message anymore, just a black screen. The blue power button comes on for like 1-2 seconds then goes off. Please tell me this is somehow salvageable.

2nd Edit: Not sure if this matters. But after clicking and following https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_b9s and scrolling down to the "Black Screen on SysNAND boot after installing boot9strap" I notice that I could delete the config.bin file under the luma folder to try and go back into the luma3ds configuration menu. So I deleted it, put back the SD in my 3ds, and booted it up and successfully got back into the configuration menu for luma. I made sure to press A on the "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" and then press START to save and reboot. It goes right back to the "An exception has occurred" error message. So I believe this portion was right here is where the problem is. Should I be Pressing A on some of the other options as well maybe?

Please help
It's normal that when booting without sd card it just blinks the blue light. That means it can't find boot.firm, which is usually Luma cfw in your sd card or nand and that's because there's no sd card and you haven't reached the part of the guide where you put it into the nand.
TL;DR: It's normal

About the error you're getting when booting with sd: Can you get to Luma config by holding select on boot? If yes do you have only "Show nand or user string install system settings" (or something like that) selected? If yes can you boot to GodMode9 by holding start on boot?

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's normal that when booting without sd card it just blinks the blue light. That means it can't find boot.firm, which is usually Luma cfw in your sd card or nand and that's because there's no sd card and you haven't reached the part of the guide where you put it into the nand.
TL;DR: It's normal

About the error you're getting when booting with sd: Can you get to Luma config by holding select on boot? If yes do you have only "Show nand or user string install system settings" (or something like that) selected? If yes can you boot to GodMode9 by holding start on boot?

Okay thank you about the first part.

Now for the error message. I am not able to get to the Luma config by holding select on boot. The only way I can get to the message again is if I put the SD card in the computer and manually delete the config.bin file from under the luma folder on the root of my SD card, then put the SD card back into my 3ds and boot up. I keep making sure to Press A on only "Show nand or user string install system settings" and then hitting START to save, which then reboots into the error message.

Holding Select while booting, nor holding START while booting makes the error message go away

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay thank you about the first part.

Now for the error message. I am not able to get to the Luma config by holding select on boot. The only way I can get to the message again is if I put the SD card in the computer and manually delete the config.bin file from under the luma folder on the root of my SD card, then put the SD card back into my 3ds and boot up. I keep making sure to Press A on only "Show nand or user string install system settings" and then hitting START to save, which then reboots into the error message.

Holding Select while booting, nor holding START while booting makes the error message go away
Try the legacy version https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did that and booted up the 3ds. I was back in the luma configuration menu and made sure to Press A on the thing I was supposed to and hit START. It now successfully starts up in sysNAND with a popup saying "Write-protection is enabled on the SD Card. The software on the SD Card cannot be displayed"

Do I now continue from where I left off? Or is this some new problem?

Edit: Nevermind, I had the switch on the side of the SD card moved. Lemme try it without it. Sorry

2nd Edit: Ok so when I boot it up, it boots up like it did a year ago, with the flashing colors on the bottom screen, but then it goes to a static type screen at the top and bottom and then freezes. Like if your TV was messed up kinda looking screen.

I wonder if its making those screen tears because I already did Section I of https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup which comes after Section III of https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)

Now I dont know if this matters, but if I hold any button during the boot up, it goes to my sysNAND.

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the move emunand.

Ok but just to clarify before I attempt to do so. Is it okay that for the only way for me to get into sysNAND is to have to hold some button down? Since if I dont hold any buttons down, I get the normal flashing colors, but then get the screen tears like a bad tv screen which then freezes? I just want to make sure that before I continue, that this little hiccup is okay for me to move forward from.

Once again thank you both for the replies thus far

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Apologies if you already saw it. But right above the post you made is my current situation. Do you know what I should do from there?
If you get the coloured screen that means you still have menuhax installed - uninstall it if you can. This means booting into sysnand and changing your theme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup