3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Cjmcgiv

Cjmcgiv GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    Canada
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, from what I understand, you are wondering how you can to the DSiWare Save Injection hack on your n3DSxl? If so then the first step when doing so on 3ds.guide (which is a great website by the way, it's stupid proof, check it out!) is installing GodMode9 and doing a sysnand backup (basically a backup of your entire system data, this includes Miis, Themes, Basically everything) Then later in the guide after B9S is installed, you restore the sysnand backup and all your stuff is there. I'm not so sure about the NNID because I never did the DSiWare method, but when I hacked my 3ds my NNID was still there and was unchanged.

TL;DR "You do a full (sysnand) backup and after your 3ds is hacked you restore said backup"

Edit: Or as you said in your post, wait for NTRboothax, It's really up to you.

Hope this helped! :)

-Cjmcgiv

Last edited by Cjmcgiv, Jul 14, 2017

2. kbf

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Is freeshop safe to use? I heard people were getting banned for having it? does anyone else use it and can confirm this?

Also CIAangel won't update does anyone know why? it just stays stuck at the wings.json screen.

3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    freeShop is safe and no one has gotten banned from using it directly. Wherever you heard that from is giving you false information.

4. biku

biku Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    Is there a way to tell if a nand backup is from your system or not?

I'm going to send my console to be repared, and I'm afraid that they just change the motherboard without me noticing.

Thank you

5. Izeman

Izeman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2005
    Italy
    It’s the other way around I’m interested in: I know I can backup the sysNAND on the source (CFW) and restore it after system transfer, but I want to preserve all the content on the target console (the n3DSXL I want to hack using DSiWarehax). I don’t care about the content on the already hacked o3DS. It would just serve as the injection method on the n3DSXL.

But, as I understand, I could use oothax on the n3DSXL to run JKSM and backup save files, but unfortunately there seems to be no way to save friends and MiiPlaza data :/

Since I’m not attached to the console, but to the data on it, I’m considering buying a new n3DSXL, first checking it’s on 11.3 or below, hack it, install CFW and then do a full system transfer from my current stock n3DSXL, thus preserving all relevant data (and I won’t even have to worry about NNID, ‘cause it will be transferred too and I’ll be using the new console as my main).

6. Izeman

Izeman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2005
    Italy
    I don’t know if a NAND could be used on any system regardless where it was backed from.
    What I’m sure of, though, is that if they change your motherboard, you’ll have a 11.5 stock firmware when your console comes back and even if you could restore your previously backed-up NAND, you’ll first need to hack the new motherboard, which will require DSiwarehax or a hardmod :/

7. pdu

pdu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Korea, South
    How can I change system font?
    (ex: kor -> jpn)
    I want to play srw ux, but some words are seen as question mark.
    Acg shared font tool is not working after upgrading to b9s 1.2

Is there any solution?

8. axxu

axxu Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2007
    Finland
    Hello.

I have old 3ds xl on firmware 4.something and gateway card on it. I havnt used it for long time. Now i got a new 3ds xl and installed cfw on it and updated it to newest firmware.

Is there any way i can transfer a save from the gateway to the new console? Old console has .3ds file, new console has .cia installed.

9. tears

tears Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2017
    United States
    I'm still having this issue. I'm not really sure what could be causing it, but I would really appreciate any help with this!

10. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ but import the saves on your other console.
    You can install JKSM using devmenu.3ds which you can find on the web.

11. Cyra

Cyra Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I'm a bit of a newbie here.

I have a problem where whenever i try to enter a building in Pokemon x (Santalune city) an error message pops up, which I am assuming is from Luma3DS. I've searched all over for this error code but I can't seem to find a solution that works. Could somebody give me a hand, or should I just reinstall this cia and see how that goes? I am running B9S with Luma on an O3DS, if that helps.

Attached Files:

12. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try running a legacy build of Luma that doesn't contain Rosalina. You should find links around the forum and on the guide.

13. Cyra

Cyra Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    United States
    Reinstalling the cia worked, but thank you so so much for your help! ^_^

14. UNarmed

UNarmed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    United States
    Well I download Pokemon Moon of the freeshop and i keep getting the Error then i have to hold the power button. I'm on Sys 11.2 is there anyway i can fi this problem for it to launch im having lots of trouble trying to even launch the game, i see the nintendo 3ds thing but then i instantly get the black screen saying Error please hold power button

15. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    I'm not sure if this'll help at all but one thing I've heard might help is to visit the game's eShop page

16. Hakkitboss0

Hakkitboss0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    United States
    Top of the World, New York
    I've been looking to get a Flash Cart for my New or Old 3DS XL. I can't figure out which one fits my needs. I play both DS and 3DS games, and I'd like cheat code support. What Cart should I look into?

17. UNarmed

UNarmed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    United States
    what do you mean?

18. Felipne87r

Felipne87r Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    Chile
    Hello, excuse me, I bought a R4 but I don't know the model and year of it, anyone can help me? It boot in twl mode
    It is white, without any sticker on it, boot in twl mode with the wood theme, it get detected as Touch! Bomberman land by 3ds, supports 3ds v6.2, kernel version is v3.6

19. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Visiting the game's page on the eShop will download the seed. Missing the seed is a possibility for the cause of your problem.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You don't need a flashcart for 3DS games, just install CFW using https://3ds.guide. If you are on 11.4 or 11.5 firmware you'll need a second, already hacked console. For this, buy a 2DS on 11.3 or below (they are cheap), install CFW then use it to install CFW on your console, then sell it. It shouldn't cost you much, and you might make a profit. You COULD get a Sky3DS, but this is not recommended for lots of reasons:
    1. it costs more than a second-hand 2DS, so you are worse off than even buying the 2DS and keeping it.
    2. you can only play games available as cartridges. No Cave Story or Pokemon Red for you.
    3. if you want to play online, you need a private header This means buying an original brand new cartridge and keeping it (if you resell it, you are risking the header being used by someone else), AND buying a PowerSaves device. This makes it cost WAY more than a 2DS.

For DS games, the R4i 3DS Gold is the most often recommended cart around here.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jul 15, 2017
  20. UNarmed

UNarmed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    United States
    for me to get to the eshop wont i have to update and would freeshop stilll work?

Last edited by UNarmed, Jul 15, 2017