• Views 4,440,699
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the status of playing online on CFW? I'd like to install CFW on my girlfriend's 3DS, but I don't want her getting banned either.

Edit: I also forgot about another question. I used GodMode9 to build CIA's from games I already had installed on my 3DS's and from cartridges. It said to choose standard vs. legit. Why? Wouldn't legit be better since they are legit games? Or am I misunderstanding what it does?

Last edited by DGenerateKane,

Dornil

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi!
I have a problem with running Majora's Mask on Reinand - it crashes with error and reboots the console.
Few weeks ago I bought a used New 3DS (9.0.0-20E) with Reinand installed, mostly for three Zeldas. My knowledge of custom frmwares is very limited, enough only to install games from CIA, so in this case I desperately need guidance:
1. How do I check which version of Reinand I have?
2. How do I backup my saves of Ace Combat and Ocarina of Time?
3. What do I do to run Majora's Mask?

Last edited by Dornil,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi!
I have a problem with running Majora's Mask on Reinand - it crashes with error and reboots the console.
Few weeks ago I bought a used New 3DS (9.0.0-20E) with Reinand installed, mostly for three Zeldas. My knowledge of custom frmwares is very limited, enough only to install games from CIA, so in this case I desperately need guidance:
1. How do I check which version of Reinand I have?
2. How do I backup my saves of Ace Combat and Ocarina of Time?
3. What do I do to run Majora's Mask?
Majora's Mask won't run because it requires a higher firmware.
First of all, is it running from menuhax or a9lh? To see, hold Select at boot. If the Luma configuration screen comes up, you have a9lh. Download Luma 7.0.5 and replace your arm9loaderhax.bin and update your console. If not, you'll want to install b9s by following https://3ds.guide, then update (updating is part of the guide).

Dornil

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Majora's Mask won't run because it requires a higher firmware.
First of all, is it running from menuhax or a9lh? To see, hold Select at boot. If the Luma configuration screen comes up, you have a9lh. Download Luma 7.0.5 and replace your arm9loaderhax.bin and update your console. If not, you'll want to install b9s by following https://3ds.guide, then update (updating is part of the guide).

If I start the console with SELECT pressed, it boots in what looks like a standard 3DS OS with "Ready to start system update" window. Does this mean that I need to install "b9s"?
What is that b9s? A different CFW? If I install it, will I loose my installed games and their saves? Do I need an available WiFi connection nearby to update a console?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If I start the console with SELECT pressed, it boots in what looks like a standard 3DS OS with "Ready to start system update" window. Does this mean that I need to install "b9s"?
What is that b9s? A different CFW? If I install it, will I loose my installed games and their saves? Do I need an available WiFi connection nearby to update a console?
Looks like you only have menuhax, so will have to install b9s. B9s is a different, better, more modern entrypoint than what you're using. You won't lose anything. If you have an emuNAND, then follow the optional move emuNAND section. To make sure you're in sysNAND when installing it, boot the console without the SD card in.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you add the firmware files to the cart?
yeah, and by the way this cart worked just fine the last time I used it (that was in 2014 or 2015 tho :P)
so I suppose I've put all the required files in the SD card
I just downloaded the latest files from supercard site and still nothing

well this is funny
I put it on my new 3ds and now it's working
same setup, luma 7.1 on sys 11.4.0, but my old 3ds cannot read the cart. but it can read gateway cart without issue

now I'm confused
put dstwo on the old 3ds, not recognized
put dstwo on the new 3ds, works well
put gateway on the old 3ds, works well
put dstwo on the old 3ds, now works well
something weird just magically happened between those steps that make the dstwo cart working on my old 3ds now :wacko:

Last edited by Garou,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe put a bit of paper between the cart and the console so that the contacts are pushed harder against the reader?
could be something just stuck and when I put a gateway cart to my old 3ds fixed that
no idea why it just works now, but anyhow can't complain that it's now working :D

Timobkg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS XL on firmware 11.4 with CFW via BS9. The top screen stopped displaying anything, just the backlight. I opened the case to check that the ribbon cable is connected, and it is, so I'm not sure what's wrong and fixing it seems to be beyond me.

I just bought a N3DS XL on 11.2. I'd like to put CFW on it and move my micro SD card over and transfer all my existing games over, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Do I put CFW on the N3DS and then system transfer? Can I transfer all my existing games over, or do I need to reinstall them? Can I just move the SD card over, or do I need to do something else?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a 3DS XL on firmware 11.4 with CFW via BS9. The top screen stopped displaying anything, just the backlight. I opened the case to check that the ribbon cable is connected, and it is, so I'm not sure what's wrong and fixing it seems to be beyond me.

I just bought a N3DS XL on 11.2. I'd like to put CFW on it and move my micro SD card over and transfer all my existing games over, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Do I put CFW on the N3DS and then system transfer? Can I transfer all my existing games over, or do I need to reinstall them? Can I just move the SD card over, or do I need to do something else?
Install cfw, system transfer, move the sd card

Timobkg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The system transfer does everything that's necessary.
Okay. I saw some older guides talking about backing up titles and restoring them later or something like that to avoid having to reinstall. I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore, or because I'm moving the SD card over?

vzereeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello great people of GBATemp, I have simple question for running CFW.

My SD card got corrupt and I lost everything that I previously installed in.

Background info:
- Basically, I did the soundhax for my 2DS 9.XX.XX.US to run boot9loader and etc following this guide https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds).
- I did it to run FBI to install freeshop using a youtube guide.
- I tried going through the process all over again but during the installation, it asks of you to update the system, which I did to 11.XX.XX.US

Question:
- What do I have to do to my SD card to run the freeshop again? I just want that.
- Do i have to hack it again for 11.XX.XX.US?

Thank you very much for reading into my dilema.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: vzereeys

some-random-user

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confused about when exactly to create my NNID for the first time on brand new N3DSXL. Should I do it on my 3DS *before* I follow the 3ds.guide or *after*. I've never had a Nintendo system that needed a NNID so I've never had one and would like to use the eShop legitimately. Finding conflicting info in researching, whether to put it on the sysNAND or emuNAND and can't seem to find it referenced in the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: