• Views 4,436,225
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

joimme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I have followed the steps on 3ds.guide and successfully switched from Gateway to Luma, merging my old EmuNAND with my SysNAND. At the very last step, where I used Luma Updater to update Luma to the latest version, it asked if I wanted to use CTR something and I picked no, because I have no idea what it is. I said disabling CTR functionalities and finished the setup.

Did I do something wrong? I mean nothing is broken as far as I can see but is CTR a better option or is it required for anything? Thanks.

I want to bring this up again :D

Markocat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not with the guide that Quantumcat linked you to (the a9lh to b9s link). Don't know where you're seeing this at. You do not need the browser for that part of the guide.
Nevermind, she used an outdated video guide. She got to the point where she was in 4.5, and attempting to install a9lh. I don't think we're going to be able to finish it like this, so all I really want to know now is if it's possible to update the 3ds in that state. I'll link the video here

joimme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Adding Luma to your CTRNAND (or "CTR something" in your words) is a way for you to boot your 3DS without an SD card inserted. That's about it.

Since I've said no and it disabled that functionality, I can't now use it without SD, correct? Of so, are there any donwsides, somethings I cannot do?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I've said no and it disabled that functionality, I can't now use it without SD, correct? Of so, are there any donwsides, somethings I cannot do?
You haven't actually disabled CTRNAND, fyi. You only disabled Luma Updater from accessing it for the time being. You just can't launch your system with the SD card out.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nevermind, she used an outdated video guide. She got to the point where she was in 4.5, and attempting to install a9lh. I don't think we're going to be able to finish it like this, so all I really want to know now is if it's possible to update the 3ds in that state. I'll link the video here

Try following the updating the b9s guide that I linked. If you don't want to, then that's up to you, but then I can't help anymore. It's not easy to help troubleshoot a video guide installation, especially if you don't know where she stopped and whether she had been successful so far.

Markocat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try following the updating the b9s guide that I linked. If you don't want to, then that's up to you, but then I can't help anymore. It's not easy to help troubleshoot a video guide installation, especially if you don't know where she stopped and whether she had been successful so far.
Okay, I did it and it worked. Thanks for helping me, I imagine it must've been hell explaining everything to me like a toddler.

Last edited by Markocat,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Error while playing Pokemon Y randomized.
How to fix that?

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 22.png
    22.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 176

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users