3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes, if you use Gateway or Sky3DS and play online without using a private header.

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Your saves from CIA installs are stored on your SD card and encrypted. You won't lose them by changing your CFW or entrypoints. If you're worried, you can always back them up with JKSM before making changes to your setup. The only time you'll lose those saves is by formatting your SD card or uninstalling the game.

Saves from Gateway .3DS roms are encrypted differently than CIA saves and cannot be used interchangeably without a conversion to the correct format.

3. Nickm23

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
  4. EstPC13

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    Actually, you'll have to find another method for updating, since the current version of Luma does not allow you to update from system settings

5. Nickm23

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    im running 11.2.0-25E do i Have to update or is there a different way? if not how can i finish the guide?

6. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    Wow, this is news to me
    Good thing I'm still not updating to latest b9s

7. EstPC13

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    It's not necessary to update, it just allows you to go online without running anything else. You should finish the guide (or google SysUpdater, which means you'll have to get the update manually with 3DNUS)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You should though. It's a pain that you have to update manually but you can still update fine

8. Nickm23

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    I wish i was smart enough to know what it means haha. Can you point to me to a page that explains it to me? I appreciate the quick replies!

9. EstPC13

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    Don't worry, I'm just as new as you (I hardly understand it)! This is the page for SysUpdater: https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdaterhttps://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater

It takes a few minutes, but getting the FW is the hard part. 3DNUS (The program most people use to download FW's) has had its servers down for quite a while. You'll have to get them from pirated sources, AFAIK.

There might be another way, if so, someone who knows can feel free to correct me!

10. Nickm23

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    rip 404 message T_T i should have paid attention to the changes first before buying a 3ds for a "quick" cfw :P

11. EstPC13

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    i got it for a quick CFW too, but this hacking scene seems to be massive!

12. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Do you have a source for this? This is the first I've heard of this and people have been updating their system with the latest Luma for awhile now and have never complained of updating issues. :/ Hell, 3ds.guide would mention if it wasn't safe to update. I think you've gotten your facts messed up.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Jun 18, 2017
    Majickhat55 and gnmmarechal like this.
  13. EstPC13

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    Oh well then, I found it on the Luma thread and mine didn't work so I assumed.

I am apparently wrong, since I had blocked some Nintendo url's back in the Wii U days and forgot

14. Nickm23

Nickm23 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    so.... is it safe for me to update or not? :P (i skipped the update part now).

15. EstPC13

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    If you're able to do it, then yeah of course

16. skeletor916

skeletor916 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    United States
    Uggggh, was system transferring from N3DSXL to another N3DSXL and got to

https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection)

7. Launch b9sTool by starting your DSiWare game on the target 3DS

But that DSIWare game isn't on my target 3DS... I removed the target 3DS's sd card and replaced it with the source sd card, selected move DSIWare titles... so why isn't it there? What should I do?

17. rickpower

rickpower GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2016
    New Zealand
    about the recent 3ds banwave,im not sure if ive been bann so im wondering if there is a way to be sure if im bann or not without risk of being ban

18. skeletor916

skeletor916 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    United States
    Geeeeeez, wouldn't have thought this... but as I had ~30 games installed on the old/source system and the DSIWare game was the latest one I installed.... The game was actually on my device, but was so far right on the home screen that I did not see it. Once I found the icon and launched the game, it worked fine.

/dumbfeeling

19. LaronX

LaronX GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I got Pokemon Sun and Alpha Ruby saying that "the saved data is not compatible with this version" is there any way to fix that.

20. Nithil

Nithil Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Hello, I am using the the https://3ds.guide/ guide and I am at the last part of the the guide (https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup). Specifically at the Section III - Launching FBI part.
    When i try to launch the Download Play application for the second time i get an error message (http://imgur.com/a/ukTmE). What should I do now ? :)
    I have the New 3ds xl and I have been following the guide without a problem until now. Thanks for your reply