• Views 4,440,377
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help! Ok, so I have an o3dsxl. I followed the 3ds.guide to a T with my system starting on 4.4, and was able to progress all the way to "Installing arm9loaderhax" page, Section#3.
After successfully installing arm9loaderhax at step 5, I copied out the otp.bin and rebooting the system with the SD card back in. It automatically started the Luma3ds configure menu (Section III step 1). I selected the 3 choices that it said with (A) and pressed Start to save a reboot.....black screen forever.

It says "If you get a black screen, just continue to next section." How?? There's literally nothing I can do! Hold power button shutdown and rebooting just goes to black screen. Rebooting without SD card has the blue power light go on, the instantly fade off. Holding (Start) while booting just goes to black screen. idk what Hourglass9 is even supposed to look like to tell.

What the heck went wrong? I used all the latest files from the guide and double checked everytime I needed to copy/replace/remove a file. Is it bricked or am I in some kind of recoverable state? Is it possible i'm missing some files on the SD card?

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i did this, but now i get an error message whenever i try to open HBL.

What should i do?
N3ds? Do you have L2+Clock enabled in Luma config? Disable them.

Please help! Ok, so I have an o3dsxl. I followed the 3ds.guide to a T with my system starting on 4.4, and was able to progress all the way to "Installing arm9loaderhax" page, Section#3.
After successfully installing arm9loaderhax at step 5, I copied out the otp.bin and rebooting the system with the SD card back in. It automatically started the Luma3ds configure menu (Section III step 1). I selected the 3 choices that it said with (A) and pressed Start to save a reboot.....black screen forever.

It says "If you get a black screen, just continue to next section." How?? There's literally nothing I can do! Hold power button shutdown and rebooting just goes to black screen. Rebooting without SD card has the blue power light go on, the instantly fade off. Holding (Start) while booting just goes to black screen. idk what Hourglass9 is even supposed to look like to tell.

What the heck went wrong? I used all the latest files from the guide and double checked everytime I needed to copy/replace/remove a file. Is it bricked or am I in some kind of recoverable state? Is it possible i'm missing some files on the SD card?

You hold start while booting and see if you boot into Hourglass9

Last edited by adiktus,

Matezoide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thats weird, i was certain i had this setting Disabled, which is why i didnt bother checking Luma's configs.

It worked, thanks! And a nice little lesson to me: Always double check everything.

Strangely, the Homebrew Launcher still says 1.1.1 , shouldnt it be 1.3 or something like that?

I mean, it certainly worked since the update went sucessfully and i am on 11.3 with a working HBL, but this still strikes me as odd...

Edit: HBL also seems more prone to crashing on boot. Should i be worried about either of those things?

Last edited by Matezoide,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You hold start while booting and see if you boot into Hourglass9

I already reported that I tried that. Just black screen either way. I saw a post from someone else where they had a similar issues at this step and Plailect said that a brick can only occur if you used someone else's otp.bin file. I only have the one generated for me during the 2nd step from this 3ds. I don't even know how to get someone else's otp.bin so not sure what other troubleshooting steps I can do.
Seems like most people's issue was getting black screen BEFORE the luma config screen. I was able to get there, select the options (after it told me al9h was installed successfully in green) and then pressed start to reboot. After reboot it's only a black screen.

Should I do the steps for "Black screen on SysNAND boot after installing arm9loaderhax" at this page here?: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_a9lh

Last edited by Bonovox40,

Matezoide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh that. That's the homebrew menu which is 1.1.1 The 1.3 is hblauncher_loader, which just loads the homebrew menu.

Thought so, as it didnt make any sense for it to work with if the update had gone through. But as i said, i always try to get as much information as possible, even on seemingly pointless stuff.

Many thanks!

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rename it to start_Hourglass9.bin then hold start while booting. If it's still a black screen, then I dunno what else to do.

AyeeAyanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone PLEASE help me

I've made at least two forums asking why my n3ds isn't able to install homebrew. When using soundhax to install it, everything is fine, but then it freezes on the blue screen. I've tried rebooting the 3ds, reinstalling it MANY times, checking for file extensions (seeing if it's otherapp.bin.bin), checking to see if I used the right otherapp payload (I'm using 11.3.0.36U btw), putting all the right files in the right place (3ds folder on the root of the sd card, boot.3dsx, otherapp.bin, and soundhax).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
someone PLEASE help me

I've made at least two forums asking why my n3ds isn't able to install homebrew. When using soundhax to install it, everything is fine, but then it freezes on the blue screen. I've tried rebooting the 3ds, reinstalling it MANY times, checking for file extensions (seeing if it's otherapp.bin.bin), checking to see if I used the right otherapp payload (I'm using 11.3.0.36U btw), putting all the right files in the right place (3ds folder on the root of the sd card, boot.3dsx, otherapp.bin, and soundhax).
You could try checking if you have a fake SD card with H2testw? And the soundhax file is the right one for your region/type?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get the Shovel Knight update to take?

I have tried installing the update CIA over and over and it never takes. When I go to the eshop it shows as if it's already downloaded.

I already beat the game on my Wii U and was thinking of playing through the Plague Knight campaign and stuff that was added for free on the go since my kids are always taking over the Wii U.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get the Shovel Knight update to take?

I have tried installing the update CIA over and over and it never takes. When I go to the eshop it shows as if it's already downloaded.

I already beat the game on my Wii U and was thinking of playing through the Plague Knight campaign and stuff that was added for free on the go since my kids are always taking over the Wii U.
Figured this out finally. You have to beat the game to unlock plague knight or use a secret code. I had already beat the game when the update originally came out on Wii U so I didn't realize.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters