• Likes 43

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wha-?
The lowest i remember seeing was 128mb and then they were called sd cards.
When did the first R4/pass-me with a tf port came out anyway? The memories of that 128mb were from around '07. And since our country is ages behind 1st world ones i imagine that was the norm years before it got here.
Yep, it's that old!
From what I've found, the microSD spec was introduced in 2005, so any microSDs that came out before that were classified as TransFlash (including one of Sandisk's own 256MB cards back in 2004). It makes sense that you'd see smaller cards under the newer name, since I doubt that 256MB TF was even affordable to anyone when it came out :P
(personally, the only time I've ever heard anyone refer to them as TF was when shopping for flashcarts back in 2008... I guess China just had an abundance of old cards or something)

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention that these games from your library would work out of the box on a 3DS without cfw at all, if they are retail cartridges since the 3ds is 99%-100% backwards compatible. (The game guitar hero had a grip that went in the GBA port of the console, which neither the DSi nor the 3DS have, other than thar everything works)

Yeah, I just like having the portability/novelty that comes from all of them being installed onto a SD card. And yeah... there are a crap ton of cards out there. I am trying to find a US seller and its crazy.

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I ask for help with two things please
I downloaded and converted avatar with a converter to the 10 mins increments a side by side 3d but how do I play the movie in 3d on 3ds? It plays in the camera app.
Mame 2000 seems to work fine but Mame 2003 every time I try to play a game the y x a b pulls up the menu i tried remapping the buttons but still?
Is there a game compatibility list? Simpsons game plays great but I can only choose marge anyone know how to fix that.

Last edited by flashmanx,

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys. I'd like to know if the freeShop downloads legit CIAs to the 3ds?
That depends what you mean by legit.
In conclusion it download CIAs to the 3DS that you can play as any regular game. They will not cause ban in most cases and they will even link to your eShop as titles you own.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That depends what you mean by legit.
In conclusion it download CIAs to the 3DS that you can play as any regular game. They will not cause ban in most cases and they will even link to your eShop as titles you own.

Well, I read the post that explains what are CIAs signatures etc but I thought it only talked about FBI downloads.

What I mean by legit Is If it's the same as if I downloaded from the e-shop. and if it has the "infamous" signature

Last edited by Pokemon Fan,

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I read the post that explains what are CIAs signatures etc but I thought it only talked about FBI downloads.

What I mean by legit Is If it's the same as if I downloaded from the e-shop. and if it has the "famous" signature
Yup it does. If you wanna know how it works well I don't really know myself. But the games are playable just like any other game.

AgentAntz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone give me a hand real quick...

I finished Plailect's guide till the end and everything worked perfectly. I corrupted the SDcard and have no backup on my pc.
I have no idea what files i need to put back onto the SDcard, after i format it, to get everything working again. Or do i need to start Plailect's guide from the beginning again?

Thanks for the help

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you have no backup whatsoever then you most likely lost a save files and games you had downloaded. In regards to the other things well you need to put arm9loaderhax in the root of the SD as well as the Luma3DS files in Luma folder which include Decrypt9 and hourglass payloads iirc. Damn I know I'm missing some stuff but I'm not at home rn sorry. Your games you can download them again from eShop.

Last edited by jack_okami,
Reactions: AgentAntz

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Format new card to FAT32 Then drag and drop from old to new. Keep old just in case something goes wrong.

Hey so I can't format my card to fat32, it's a micro64gb that is exfat. I transferred all of the stuff from other card and when I put it in the 3ds says can't detect card is it because it's exfat?

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I can't format my card to fat32, it's a micro64gb that is exfat. I transferred all of the stuff from other card and when I put it in the 3ds says can't detect card is it because it's exfat?
Yes. Still you should be able to from at to FAT32. Try a 3rd party formatter.

Last edited by jack_okami,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@kasek

Try HP USB Tool. For such a simple tool it's worked wonders for me whenever I've had a problem with my USB devices .. Even when Windows has thought my USB stick is corrupted/can't be formatted, this has worked. Unless your SD card is faulty then definitely it can be formatted to FAT32.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yep, it's that old!
From what I've found, the microSD spec was introduced in 2005, so any microSDs that came out before that were classified as TransFlash (including one of Sandisk's own 256MB cards back in 2004). It makes sense that you'd see smaller cards under the newer name, since I doubt that 256MB TF was even affordable to anyone when it came out :P
(personally, the only time I've ever heard anyone refer to them as TF was when shopping for flashcarts back in 2008... I guess China just had an abundance of old cards or something)
If you take the sd card out of a flashcard and try to use it most will say "unable to find TF card" and some others will say the typical MENU? That DSTT was known for. Even for some produced after the norm was SD cards. That's why i had that doubt.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What I mean by legit Is If it's the same as if I downloaded from the e-shop. and if it has the "infamous" signature
The way freeshop/ciangel work is that you get a ticket (tickets are the same for every copy of the same title), combined with the EncTitleKey and DecTitleKey let you download the game off the eshop's servers in their official form (encrypted) and get decrypted and installed by using your console as the keys. The way a normal purchase would work on the eshop minus the payment part. It injects the game directly into the am install modules.

Cias generated by this are not legit, but console specific (which makes no difference if you have cfw) but they greatly differ from preinstalled content (that is the true sense of legit cias).
In order to install legit cias you only need k11 hax. Which by itself is not enough to downgrade. None of that matters now that we have free downgrades on 11.2 tho thanks to safehax.

michlroe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is an R4?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I am googling it now. So you need something called a TF card to do it, it seems. There are a lot of different TF/R4 cards for the 3ds... I assume I need one to go in the game slot and not the SD card slot, right? Any suggestions on which is the best to buy?
you're making me feel old

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I updated to Luma 6.6.7 just now after a long time on 6.3 and ever since I can't boot up Ext Memory Games (PKMN Moon, SSB etc.)
I tried without ctrbootmanager9
I tried with, luma3ds.bin in /luma, path.txt doesnt exceed 55 chars and starts with a /, case sensitive as well.
Im really out of luck rn

Doobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I need help with something. 2 years ago i got my NEW3ds from europe and decided to hack it. it served me well for a while but now every new games that comes out wont work ( either on my sky3ds or through cia). At the time i used the cubic ninja exploit with ninjax v1.1 and pastaloader. theres also the FBI cia installer but icant remember what i used it for. What i would like is for someone to tell me or point me in the right direction so that i can remove any existing modification that i might have done( i actually think its all on the sd card) and suggest me what to do next so i can play the newer games. I'd really love the play the new kirby: robobot.
The current version of my N3DS is 9.0.0-20E
Thank you!

AgentAntz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you have no backup whatsoever then you most likely lost a save files and games you had downloaded. In regards to the other things well you need to put arm9loaderhax in the root of the SD as well as the Luma3DS files in Luma folder which include Decrypt9 and hourglass payloads iirc. Damn I know I'm missing some stuff but I'm not at home rn sorry. Your games you can download them again from eShop.

So i dont have to restart the whole process. Okay, ill start with the folders you mentioned and pkay around till i figure it out... thank you

Jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Why would you want to do such a thing? Regardless, it should be possible by restoring a backup of the NAND you should have and NOT choosing the (keep a9lh) option in .. Hourglass I think.

How can your 3DS be 9.2, but 11.2. Unless you're using emunand, which I hope you're not, then you're using 11.2 and nothing else.

Also there's no reason to update Luma3DS. Luma3DS updater doesn't work right now because the updates are fetched from github, but the author of Luma3DS, AuroraWright, got her account hacked. It'll work eventually when everything's restored.. for now you'll just have to wait.

Is it emunand or sysnand ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Welcome!