• Views 4,435,553
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Gba ambassador games wouldnt be able to run on gateway or classic mode although apparently gateway have plans tofix compatibility.....but for the meantime they will be unplayable

TWBliZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use scene releases to play online BUT, you need a header.

You can either get the header from your personal dump or you can search the forum for public headers.
you dont need to worry about hex editing, theres a tool called gateway rom patcher, the version 0,6 can help you to inject the header directly into the rom.

1) you need a console in version <= 4.5 and a gateway card.
you can only play a bunch of GB games. not all of them at the moment. you cn find the bundle for about 180 usd (second hand) but the main goal is to get 3ds games running

2) its not possible to run any "hack" on the 2ds atm. you need a 3ds/3dsXL. in version <=4.5

I have rom patcher I have been trying to use it to add a header to the mk7 rom I downloaded, but it hasn't been working online I get the 002-0123 error. When you say scene release is that referring to a downloaded rom or an actual gamecart dump.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scene release means downloaded rom. Make sure to change the file extension to .3dz and have the update for Mario kart 7 installed. Version 1.1

TWBliZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scene release means downloaded rom. Make sure to change the file extension to .3dz and have the update for Mario kart 7 installed. Version 1.1

just to be sure in the custom header section I copy the Cart ID and Chip ID of the rom into those blocks.

I got pkmn X to run by dumping it...
I tried it again the with MK7 rom runs but wifi still has that error code, can anyone help?

Problem Resolved I didn't know you had to inject using a dumped rom!!
Im so happy!

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Is a freshly created emuNAND a 1:1 copy of the current sysNAND, or does GW apply certain changes to it?
I believe there may be some certificate errors in validating certain eShop content, but otherwise--yes, when an EmuNAND is created, it creates a copy of your SysNAND. From thereonout, the two are then independent and will be modified seperately.

Reactions: Blueie

drhojo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So what is the difference between using GW mode with updated emunand and "Classic mode"?
What does classic mode do exactly that regular mode doesn't?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to update to 8.1 ans run system transfer bewtween the old 3ds and your emunand

THANK YOU. So basically I'd run system transfer from emuNAND 8.1 just like I did with my original 3DS and DSi XL? Saved games get deleted, though, don't they?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
THANK YOU. So basically I'd run system transfer from emuNAND 8.1 just like I did with my original 3DS and DSi XL? Saved games get deleted, though, don't they?
pretty sure they saves get transferred too....i havent done it myself but iirc all your streetpass data and everything also gets transferred so your eshop saves will most likely be transferred too

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure they saves get transferred too....i havent done it myself but iirc all your streetpass data and everything also gets transferred so your eshop saves will most likely be transferred too
The Gateway has a method of dumping those, too, doesn't it? I've seen 3DSWare and VC games uploaded on certain sites, even the GBA ones, despite not being playable at this stage. Can it just dump the save or does it have to be the whole thing?

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
At the moment, nothing. Im planning to get a Gateway. But because this might be in quite a while, I want to have 8.x emunand so I will be sure to play 7.x encryption games, even if nintendo puts out a new update that Gateway hasn't still cracked.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
At the moment, nothing. Im planning to get a Gateway. But because this might be in quite a while, I want to have 8.x emunand so I will be sure to play 7.x encryption games, even if nintendo puts out a new update that Gateway hasn't still cracked.

How do you even have an emuNAND then? Your system is still at 4.5, though, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: