• Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all. Has anyone updated their CFW Arm9LoaderHax to 11.0.1? Currently on 11.0.0 with no issues whatsoever. Just wanted to check and see if it is safe to do the update, as I just got a nag bubble. Holding off for now. Thanks!

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Has anyone updated their CFW Arm9LoaderHax to 11.0.1? Currently on 11.0.0 with no issues whatsoever. Just wanted to check and see if it is safe to do the update, as I just got a nag bubble. Holding off for now. Thanks!
I just installed a9lh today and updated to 11.1.0-34 almost immediately and everything is good so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, so I just installed A9LH but restored sysnand with my 9.2 sysnand (keep a9lh) and I was wondering if it is now possible for me to boot into HourGlass9 and just flash emunandmin.bin to sysnand (keep a9lh).
Thanks, Wire55
As long as you restore it with Hourglass9, there is no problem.
Hourglass will always keep A9LH untouched.

If you want to use Online services, then you have to update.~
And there's no issues with updating with A9LH installed.

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just installed a9lh today and updated to 11.1.0-34 almost immediately and everything is good so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks! let me know if your game blows up ;P I'll probably do the update on my gf's and my 3DSs tn.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As long as you restore it with Hourglass9, there is no problem.
Hourglass will always keep A9LH untouched.

If you want to use Online services, then you have to update.~
And there's no issues with updating with A9LH installed.
That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure it was safe. Thanks!

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know a good way to get corrupted data from interrupted data transfer off of an SD? I've used the "scan and fix" option when inserting the sd into my pc before, but once it just wanted me to format, which is not an option. It isn't a problem when using the card in my 3DS, but it is preventing me from actually transferring the file to my sd, since I'm getting the error. Any help appreciated!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know a good way to get corrupted data from interrupted data transfer off of an SD? I've used the "scan and fix" option when inserting the sd into my pc before, but once it just wanted me to format, which is not an option. It isn't a problem when using the card in my 3DS, but it is preventing me from actually transferring the file to my sd, since I'm getting the error. Any help appreciated!
There's tools you can use to recover data from corrupted drives.

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to get rid of the corrupt file with scan and fix, but now I am unable to transfer files to, or even access the card on my PC. However the card works fine on my 3DS. I really don't need to recover the files, as I have backups of everything, and I am able to use it in my 3DS still. The issue is I cannot transfer any data to it... The scan and fix tool does nothing now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was able to get rid of the corrupt file with scan and fix, but now I am unable to transfer files to, or even access the card on my PC. However the card works fine on my 3DS. I really don't need to recover the files, as I have backups of everything, and I am able to use it in my 3DS still. The issue is I cannot transfer any data to it... The scan and fix tool does nothing now.
You should use a new SD card, unless you don't care if you lose any new data (any saves between now and when it fails completely).

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should use a new SD card, unless you don't care if you lose any new data (any saves between now and when it fails completely).
That would be nice. The card is a 64GB and has about 45GB on it. Most of the data is just the installs, which can be redone, however since I can't access the card I can't get my most recent saves. I am about to try using the wireless connect option and see if I can access my save backups that way, in which case i will probably do a... format... so many hours of installing. I am hoping however that I can find a way to simply remove the corrupted file, restoring the functionality. Does anyone know of a homebrew 3ds app for checking for bad sectors?

duFunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would be nice. The card is a 64GB and has about 45GB on it. Most of the data is just the installs, which can be redone, however since I can't access the card I can't get my most recent saves. I am about to try using the wireless connect option and see if I can access my save backups that way, in which case i will probably do a... format... so many hours of installing. I am hoping however that I can find a way to simply remove the corrupted file, restoring the functionality. Does anyone know of a homebrew 3ds app for checking for bad sectors?
AHA! Connecting to the wireless SD management allowed me to get the save backups I just did, and I am currently transferring the file I wanted to get on it! Only it's going to take 4 hours... oh well

Reactions: Quantumcat

oiie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

Anyone knows why my 3ds always freezes whenever I uses NTR plugins/cheats?

Also, I got CFW months ago, and was just looking to update luma3ds and noticed on the new sticked guide, there's a folder called files9. Apparently it's needed to update a9lh, as well. Is it okay if I don't have that or how do I get that?

Thanks!

Last edited by oiie,

juantendo8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished Plailect's guide and successfully have CFW on my N3DS XL. I had to format my SD card in the process, but I did drag and drop all the files on my SD card to my PC before this. Please tell me that there is some method of getting my save data back. I only really care about my Monster Hunter Gen data (I own the official cartridge), but I have no idea where to even start in restoring my save. Could someone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Koreos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have 2 questions :
1 : if I hardmod my 2ds, will I be able to do whatever I want one way or another ?
2 : more of an IRL question, I might be able to get the Legends Of Exidia cartridge, but I can't find someone with a CFW ! Any idea on how and where to search/ask ?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 : if I hardmod my 2ds, will I be able to do whatever I want one way or another ?
2 : more of an IRL question, I might be able to get the Legends Of Exidia cartridge, but I can't find someone with a CFW ! Any idea on how and where to search/ask ?
It won't work with the cartridge, it has to be the DSiWare download from eShop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Yes, as long as you always have a NAND backup you can hardmod the NAND (though there do exist other bricks that can't be fixed with hardmod). Without the NAND backup even with hardmod.
2. If you don't have any friends who have CFW than it isn't really a viable method to downgrade unless you trust random internet people that aren't verified by the community, which usually will hardmod and won't DSiWare downgrade anyway.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just finished Plailect's guide and successfully have CFW on my N3DS XL. I had to format my SD card in the process, but I did drag and drop all the files on my SD card to my PC before this. Please tell me that there is some method of getting my save data back. I only really care about my Monster Hunter Gen data (I own the official cartridge), but I have no idea where to even start in restoring my save. Could someone help me out or point me in the right direction?
Do you have a NAND backup from before you formatted? If so, restore that, and put the Nintendo 3DS folder back.
If not, did you use JKSM to backup all your game saves like the guide suggested? If so, just restore those saves.
If neither, your game saves are gone.

juantendo8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a NAND backup from before you formatted? If so, restore that, and put the Nintendo 3DS folder back.
If not, did you use JKSM to backup all your game saves like the guide suggested? If so, just restore those saves.
If neither, your game saves are gone.

Where would I find a NAND backup? Is it the NANDmin.bin(.sha) files? I have some, but I have no idea if it is from before I formatted. Also, isn't it impossible to run JKSM before getting CFW anyway?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Where would I find a NAND backup? Is it the NANDmin.bin(.sha) files? I have some, but I have no idea if it is from before I formatted. Also, isn't it impossible to run JKSM before getting CFW anyway?
You can try restoring it and see if it makes your Nintendo 3DS folder backup work. And you can run JKSM through homebrew (no CFW needed). I just checked though and it didn't recommend backing up your save data, it probably should :-/

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone link me to all files needed currently to start ntr on a n3ds on latest firmware (with luma and a9hl)?
with the files i use, i keep running into errors :/

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know if there is a difference in load-time/performance when playing a game via physical cart or via SD card (Assume UHS-I speeds. Yes I know, not all created equal still, that's why I said assume). More importantly, with a game like Hyrule Warriors Legends, will there be a difference whether I use one or the other? Just curious. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup