• Start date
  • Views 4,439,549
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it all depends on if/when gateway release this update that solves 7.x encryption, long as they aren't using any newer protections they should be fine, so far there hasn't been any new mentions of any new encryption methods but only time will tell once they are released, 7.x encryption was known about a few months before it was even implemented on a retail cart
Yeah true, I would just assume Nintendo will use some new anti piracy methods with the new pokemon games (and probably smash bros) seeing as they're very popular. Gateway are pretty slow to update anyway

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on 4.3 and looks like I never updated the emuNAND as it says GW3d 4.3. I am interested in getting Shovel Knight on my 3DS. A few questions

1. Is it even possible for me to access the eshop to purchase the game on my current firmware, or put my firmware in a position to access the eshop?
  2. Assuming #1 is possible, or becomes possible at some point in the near future, what are the implications of purchasing a game and having my Nintendo account connected to an emulated firmware?
Thanks in advance

Bump?

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a couple questions while I wait for my gateway to get here.

Whats the recommended SD card and micro SD card sizes? I was thinking about getting a 64gb micro SD card to hold as many games as I can get on it but as far as the SD card, what is it actually used for? Does it store saves and dumps I suppose? Also, would you only recommend class 10 cards or does it matter?

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I have a line on a 3DS XL along with gateway for $240. Is this a decent deal? I'm thinking of just picking this one up and then reselling my old XL, which is already above 4.5 firmware. My only concern is Smealum's SSSpwn coming out soon. Should I wait for SSSpwn to come out first and see what kind of exploits are possible, or just go with the 3DS XL + gateway for $240?

MaybeNot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. This might sound like a stupid question, and I've been through a lot of threads and pages before asking this. I have a 3DS XL version 4.4, and I'm interested in buying a flashcard (which would you recommend?), now let's say I get a Gateway, and they release a new version making it compatible with firmwares over 4.5, would it be as a simple update that I download, or as a complete new flashcard that I'd need to buy? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.