Country
United States

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a N3DS with a9lh and Luma3ds installed (from that recently posted guide), and am on the current 11.0 because I did a system transfer from my O3DS. I can still boot into hourglass and whatnot, so I was curious as to whether I'll still be able to downgrade or not while keeping my data and all.

I'm fairly new to how all the 3DS hacks work, so anything I can answer for some guidance/info would be super cool, lol.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I currently have a N3DS with a9lh and Luma3ds installed (from that recently posted guide), and am on the current 11.0 because I did a system transfer from my O3DS. I can still boot into hourglass and whatnot, so I was curious as to whether I'll still be able to downgrade or not while keeping my data and all.

I'm fairly new to how all the 3DS hacks work, so anything I can answer for some guidance/info would be super cool, lol.
And why would you want to downgrade if you already have A9LH?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
From what I'd understood (and maybe I'm perfectly wrong on this), it's not possible to install CIAs on anything above 9.2?

You're wrong but don't worry.
If you follow the guide correctly, you have FBI on Home menu and you can use it to install everything you want.

But if you want games, just use Freeshop (eShop clone)

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have luma3ds and al9h installed(followed plailect's guide like 2 weeks ago), Im on version 11.0.0-33E according to the system settings, this is supposedly the most updated version of the 3ds but it's still asking me to do a system update, I think this happened after perusing online features in bravely default. Is it safe to update?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How can I downgrade my browser to use SpiderAR sploit?

According to this: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Spider_exploit

The exploit works "Exploit working on v2.0 to v9.5.0-22" so if you have a NAND backup of 9.2, you can use it.
Don't know if only downgrading Browser with a cia, trough FBI will work.

I have luma3ds and al9h installed(followed plailect's guide like 2 weeks ago), Im on version 11.0.0-33E according to the system settings, this is supposedly the most updated version of the 3ds but it's still asking me to do a system update, I think this happened after perusing online features in bravely default. Is it safe to update?
If you have A9LH, yes, it is safe

Reactions: Fpi

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DoctorKitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm having some issues getting some games to run on my son's 3DS and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. It's an O3DS with A9LH on the latest firmware, but a few games will either be stuck on the red loading screen forever or give an error message. The only two I've noticed this problem with are Terraria and Pokemon Picross, everything else has worked fine. I updated the firmware through the settings and didn't have any errors with it, so I'm not sure what's going on.

vault412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had a few questions.

My son has a had NN3DSXL and I just want to his to be able to play any game he wants. Would the Sky3DS+ be the easiest method to achieve this?

I found one for $80 here: modchipsdirect I was wondering if this site is legit? I'm trying to find one for the cheapest price and think $80 is it?

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
Just had a few questions.

My son has a had NN3DSXL and I just want to his to be able to play any game he wants. Would the Sky3DS+ be the easiest method to achieve this?

I found one for $80 here: modchipsdirect I was wondering if this site is legit? I'm trying to find one for the cheapest price and think $80 is it?

Sky3ds+ is the best if you just want to play any games, except eshop only games. It is always best to check the official retailers on sky3ds+ site: http://www.sky3ds.com/reseller.html

However if you want to save money, go for the sky3ds since it does the same thing except without any modern features and you will have to use a write tool to install 3ds roms

vault412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds+ is the best if you just want to play any games, except eshop only games. It is always best to check the official retailers on sky3ds+ site: http://www.sky3ds.com/reseller.html

However if you want to save money, go for the sky3ds since it does the same thing except without any modern features and you will have to use a write tool to install 3ds roms

I thought if you have get a regular SKY3DS you have to be on a certain firmware? And with the SKY3DS+ it'll work on any firmware including the latest? I have a New Nintendo 3DSXL which I thought required the + version.

Also, that link I listed above is on that reseller page you posted. Its only $85 for the + version. I haven't seen a regular SKY3DS that is that much cheaper. If I did get the SKY3DS to save money how exactly do I use it? I know with the Plus you simply throw the game on the sdcard.

Last edited by vault412,

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought if you have get a regular SKY3DS you have to be on a certain firmware? And with the SKY3DS+ it'll work on any firmware including the latest? I have a New Nintendo 3DSXL which I thought required the + version.

Also, that link I listed above is on that reseller page you posted. Its only $85 for the + version. I haven't seen a regular SKY3DS that is that much cheaper.

Are there any downsides to using carts?

Both will work on the latest firmware, coming from personal experience of using the sky3ds to boot up a game in 11.0 which works well. Also sky3ds is cheaper due to it is older than sky3ds+ but since you have the new 3ds then you have to use the sky3ds+ since it supports it in the first place.

There are many types of resellers for your country, you can try the link to one that you have posted since it is under the official reseller list on the site.

Try this site to see the table for difference: http://3ds-flashcard.com/blog/orang...y3ds-which-is-better-to-buy-in-2015-and-2016/

Can i also know the version of the 3ds (check system settings, it should be at the bottom right)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you know how when you play ds and gba games, they usually stretch a bit on the 3ds? and that you can hold the select button to force them back into their native, non blurry resolution?

i've been wondering if, using luma/a9hl, there was a way to switch that around? make the games use native resolution and stretch them when you hold start or select? its a minor thing, but i keep finding myself resetting games because i forgot to hold the buttons.

Reactions: Thaulos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended