• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

dartuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i buy a R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition and cant get firm 2.0. Is the 2.0 mandatory to update to 4.0B2?
Is there already a firmware on it when u buy it ?

BlazeShaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ssbrumble.info
XP
Country
Is it possible to use a cartridge's update to update your emunand? I ask because I wish to update my emunand to run later games as I only just got a gateway. Is this possible, or will I have to wait until the newest firmware is supported?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

For someone who wants to play DS and 3DS games but has a priority for DS first (currently using a GBA, enjoying old games), is it viable to buy a 3DS and go through possible difficulties of Flashcart compatibility, with the advantage of being up-to-date? I'm rather the guy who enjoys single-player games like Mario & Luigi, Zelda, Super Mario Series etc. so online-mode is not very important!

Thanks
Please read first
http://gbatemp.net/threads/comparison-of-3ds-flash-carts-features-7-19-14.358243/

All cards capable of playing 3ds games right now require 3ds on firmware within 4.1-4.5 (inclusive). And the nature of the exploit means that whatever card you choose to get will come with a DS mode flashcard as well.

Is it possible to use a cartridge's update to update your emunand? I ask because I wish to update my emunand to run later games as I only just got a gateway. Is this possible, or will I have to wait until the newest firmware is supported?
No. Firmware spoofing within emunand prevents the update message from popping up at all.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble here.

I did the whole Gateway setup with the 2GB card that came with the 3DS but today I wanted to dump a game so I could rip the header for use online so I took all the data from the 2GB SD(saves,emunand,etc) and transferred it to a 16 gig (that I formatted in advance) and ripped the game.

2 problems:

1. Emunand does not work with this SD card despite it having the same data as the first which does make emunand appear.

2. Despite the fact that the software told me the game ripped successfully it is not on my SD card.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
emunand is stored in a "hidden partition", you cant just copy it off, you will need to first pick format emunand on your new SD, then use emunandtool to extract your old emunand from the old SD and inject it into the new SD card
http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
depending on how you formatted the old card you may of deleted your emunand....windows generally leaves it as it is though when you format unless you resize partition tables

johnny_bad_good

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
How do I need to format my micro SD card (for red Gateway cartridge)? Regular Windows formatting will do?
I read somewhere that I need to use "win32 disk imager" for formatting... Why? Is it better?
I want to format my card to exFAT filesystem to copy ROMS more than 4GB in size - don't know if they exist though :)

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand is stored in a "hidden partition", you cant just copy it off, you will need to first pick format emunand on your new SD, then use emunandtool to extract your old emunand from the old SD and inject it into the new SD card
http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
depending on how you formatted the old card you may of deleted your emunand....windows generally leaves it as it is though when you format unless you resize partition tables

Interesting, now I'm on GW3D 4.5.0-10U

So I know not to update emunand to the latest 8.whatever is out now. Will I be fine on this firmware?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Interesting, now I'm on GW3D 4.5.0-10U

So I know not to update emunand to the latest 8.whatever is out now. Will I be fine on this firmware?
yeah you will be fine on 4.x emunand, but if you did have a 6.x or 7.x emunand set up on your other card, just check with emunand tool if its still intact, you could extract it and inject it to your new card

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah you will be fine on 4.x emunand, but if you did have a 6.x or 7.x emunand set up on your other card, just check with emunand tool if its still intact, you could extract it and inject it to your new card

Nah it's gone, I saw the hidden partition before and thought it was something else.

But I still have a problem, I load into Gateway menu hit backup game it rips my game says "complete" then I put my SD card in my PC and it's not there.

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Was hoping for some help as not sure what I did. I'm running a 3DS XL on 4.2 with Gateway 2.1. Everything has been working fine for months.

When I started it up today, going to System Settings/Other Settings/Profile/Nintendo DS Profile no longer takes me to the Gateway UI; it actually takes me to a generic screen where I can change either the Message or Color. What's weird is that I recall then whenever I have accessed the System Settings in the past, it showed the version as 7.1, now it shows as 4.2.0-9U....doesn't have a GW in front of it like it did when I was able to get into the Gateway UI before.

I double-checked that my Wi-Fi was off (never connected to my home network anyway so no connection was ever made), and parental controls were still active, Streetpass downloads turned off, etc. So, there is no way that the unit could have updated itself (not that 4.2 is current).

Any idea how to resolve? Of course, I can't find my Gateway Blue card, red card is inserted and running fine.

Thanks for any help.

Yanivle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm trying to transfer a dumped game to my micro SD card but the file is too large for the fat32 system to accept (4.2 GB)

What is the method of fixing this? Thanks

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks,

I'd like to format- can i transfer all of my dumps to the PC, format to exFAT and load them on the micro SD again without making any changes in the save games?

And if so, does it needs any special preparations?

Sure can! The MicroSD only stores the roms (HOWEVER, BACKUP YOUR POKEMON X/Y and ANIMAL CROSSING ROMS, as those games save to the rom itself) - the rest will be on the big sd card. So just plop that MicroSD into the reader and format to exFAT, then re-copy, and you're golden B)

Yanivle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure can! The MicroSD only stores the roms (HOWEVER, BACKUP YOUR POKEMON X/Y and ANIMAL CROSSING ROMS, as those games save to the rom itself) - the rest will be on the big sd card. So just plop that MicroSD into the reader and format to exFAT, then re-copy, and you're golden B)

Thanks again!

You helped a lot :lol:

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds xl version 7.1.0-16U. I tried to find a video or guide to downgrade my firmware, so I can buy a Gateway card! Any help??

Thanks

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again!

You helped a lot :lol:

Of course! Always happy to help :)

I have a 3ds xl version 7.1.0-16U. I tried to find a video or guide to downgrade my firmware, so I can buy a Gateway card! Any help??

Thanks

Won't work, I'm sorry. Currently, there's no downgrade available. I feel ya though. I was in that position before. And after. And before again. Hopefully someday it'll work! Stay on that firmware though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+