• Views 4,415,857
  • Replies 53,747
  • Likes 43

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm trying to convert .3ds to .cia and having trouble. Following this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...s_and_converting_3ds/?st=ir6g5kf9&sh=97ed642a

But it doesn't really tell you where to put anything on your sd card specifically, and I don't know if the ncchinfo.bin I am making is good cause it's only 2 kb. But when I open decrpyt9 in hbc and run ncch padgen it gives me the following errors

Opening seeddb.bin
Could not open seeddb.bin
9.x seed crypt will fail
Opening ncchinfo.bin
Could not open ncchinfo.bin
NCCH Paden: failed!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/ :)

Use the program to put the NCCH.bin file in the decrypt9 folder on your sd card.
Open decrypt 9 on 3ds, select the option to generate xorpads.
Use the uncart.bin payloader to Launch uncart, dump 3ds file from game card.

Put the 3ds file, for the rom in the folder along with xorpads, click generate to change to cia.

YOU DO NOT NEED RXTOOLS FOR THIS.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

jake6a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A flashcart is only needed to play downloaded DS games from your SD card. With CFW, you can play 3DS games in .cia format after they've been installed to your system, not from the SD card.
But in the end they are installed on the SD Card, correct?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means if I own a R4 (the original thing for the Nintendo DS (not3DS)) I can play DS games on the 3DS and there is no need for such a card? Or do I need such a card to install the .cia files?

Not necessarily, some original ds carts dont work in 3ds. That cart does not install .cia files you just need to be on custom firmware and have an sd card for .cia files.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/ :)

Use the program to put the NCCH.bin file in the decrypt9 folder on your sd card.
Open decrypt 9 on 3ds, select the option to generate xorpads.
Use the uncart.bin payloader to Launch uncart, dump 3ds file from game card.

Put the 3ds file, for the rom in the folder along with xorpads, click generate to change to cia.

YOU DO NOT NEED RXTOOLS FOR THIS.

I am doing what the guide says but it is not working. I can't make xorpads it gives me errors.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Run 3DS Simple CIA Converter and hit the Create 'ncchinfo.bin' file button, and select the folder your ROMs are in. Another explorer window will pop up, asking to save the ncchinfo.bin file. Save it to the Decrypt9 directory in the root of your SD card.

I have ncchinfo.bin in Decrypt9 folder in sd card, still errors.

Nevermind sorry I had it in Decrypt9Wip and not decrypt9 folder, its working.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am doing what the guide says but it is not working. I can't make xorpads it gives me errors.

Run 3DS Simple CIA Converter and hit the Create 'ncchinfo.bin' file button, and select the folder your ROMs are in. Another explorer window will pop up, asking to save the ncchinfo.bin file. Save it to the Decrypt9 directory in the root of your SD card.

I have ncchinfo.bin in Decrypt9 folder in sd card, still errors.
Try creating a folder call D9GAME And put it in there to see if it works.

Also when you created the NCCHINFO.BIN was there a 3ds rom already in the location where you selected the rom path when it asked you to?

Use uncart to created a 3ds rom file from the game card then put it in the correct rom folder on the pc program then follow the steps again for generationg xorpads.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Try creating a folder call D9GAME And put it in there to see if it works.

Also when you created the NCCHINFO.BIN was there a 3ds rom already in the location where you selected the rom path when it asked you to?

Use uncart to created a 3ds rom file from the game card then put it in the correct rom folder on the pc program then follow the steps again for generationg xorpads.
Nothing off-topic existed here so don't even ask? K?

Last edited by iAqua,

Convivencia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I get hans to read a .romfs file? I saved a .romfs using pk3ds (I'm trying to randomize my alpha sapphire game), and I saved it to the hans folder on the root of my SD card. The files that were braindumped were fine, because pk3ds managed to load them. I saw another thread with my exact problem (someone using pk3ds to randomize their game got stuck trying to load it through hans), but the problem was never solved. What can I do to get hans to read the .romfs?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I get hans to read a .romfs file? I saved a .romfs using pk3ds (I'm trying to randomize my alpha sapphire game), and I saved it to the hans folder on the root of my SD card. The files that were braindumped were fine, because pk3ds managed to load them. I saw another thread with my exact problem (someone using pk3ds to randomize their game got stuck trying to load it through hans), but the problem was never solved. What can I do to get hans to read the .romfs?
The .romfs filename needs to be the last 8 digits of the game's Title ID in order for hans to read it properly. For example, US FE Fates Conquest's .romfs would be 00179600.romfs. And the hans folder needs to be on the root of your SD card.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got one more question for you guys I have a 3ds with all my saves that's on 11.0 can I get my saves of it and put it on my A9LH 3ds?

If not I know I can downgrade it since I have another 3ds on cfw but how?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add this to chur sig ;p [̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅O̲̲̅̅N̲̲̅̅I̲̲̅̅C̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅A̲̲̅̅N̲̲̅̅G̲̲̅̅E̲̲̅̅L̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅K̲̲̅̅N̲̲̅̅I̲̲̅̅G̲̲̅̅H̲̲̅̅T̲̲̅̅!̲̲̅̅]

done :P
Ok I got one more question for you guys I have a 3ds with all my saves that's on 11.0 can I get my saves of it and put it on my A9LH 3ds?

If not I know I can downgrade it since I have another 3ds on cfw but how?
Are you talking about saves on game cards or on games on sd card?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'm not sure aren't most saves internal with the 3ds system or are they on the cart?
If you are playing games on the came card, the save data is stored on the game card itself. Only some games may ask you to grant permission for extra data, and dlc which is stored on the sd card.

All games on sd card is stored on sd card. You can just copy the content from the "Nintendo 3ds" Folder to a safe place and restore it later or use a save manager like svdt, FBI installer, JKSave manager and manage save data from games on sd card as well as Game card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: