• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

Wahrrelasse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rednand and emunand are interchangeable. Not following the guide will lead you to a brick. Read it a few times before and then read it again while doing it
Ok that save a lot of work for me :)
I could just downgrade my emuNand wich is already unlinked and then follow that guide to the end

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Other question, the Nintendo badge arcade is not a problem with a9lh ? I've seen many bans etc ? I'd like to use badges AND custom badges so :/
No problem at all, you can download badge arcade and play like normal.
The bans are for people using cheats with gateway so you can play it and use custom badges without worries.

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
No you don't need an NNID to keep it. Just do a system format and follow the guide like always. :) After your done, just go on the eshop and download it back onto your system..

As for Badge Arcade, I've never used it, so can't help you with that, hopefully someone with more experience and knowledge on that can chime in and help answer that for you.

Offtopic: Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind~ <3 :)
okay, perfect, my 3DS XL just finished to recharge, so perfect. The basic 4GB SD Card is enough for a9lh ? If I format it right after checking the firmware (still a surprise) the Mk7 will be gone so more space right ? I'll OF COURSE switch the SD Card but I can't buy one until a few days so /:

And no problem, you helped me a LOT it's nothing !

No problem at all, you can download badge arcade and play like normal.
The bans are for people using cheats with gateway so you can play it and use custom badges without worries.

Oh awesome ! This way I can grind for Pokemon Dream World badges and put some HGSS Overworld etc
Thank you too !

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, perfect, my 3DS XL just finished to recharge, so perfect. The basic 4GB SD Card is enough for a9lh ? If I format it right after checking the firmware (still a surprise) the Mk7 will be gone so more space right ? I'll OF COURSE switch the SD Card but I can't buy one until a few days so /:

And no problem, you helped me a LOT it's nothing !

Oh awesome ! This way I can grind for Pokemon Dream World badges and put some HGSS Overworld etc
Thank you too !
4g is enough but you will have to take shit off a lot to make room for backups and what not.

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to be honnest, i did 3 a9lh 3DS, and everytime there's only one or two backup on my 3DS. When the guide says to copy the backup to the pc, i copy + delete it from the SD card (except if I need it of course), so I always deal with one or two backup, not more.

I'm not in a rush for doing a9lh, so i'm okay with waiting to copy everything everytime. But i thought that 4GB would be just (even if i know that at the end the a9lh is only like 300MB)

Edit : 10.3.0-28E I thought it was A REALY OLD 3DS in sale
wow i'm quite surprised i'll have to use my OOT3DS again T_T

Last edited by Rick Astley,

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to be honnest, i did 3 a9lh 3DS, and everytime there's only one or two backup on my 3DS. When the guide says to copy the backup to the pc, i copy + delete it from the SD card (except if I need it of course), so I always deal with one or two backup, not more.

I'm not in a rush for doing a9lh, so i'm okay with waiting to copy everything everytime. But i thought that 4GB would be just (even if i know that at the end the a9lh is only like 300MB)

Edit : 10.3.0-28E I thought it was A REALY OLD 3DS in sale
wow i'm quite surprised i'll have to use my OOT3DS again T_T
Doesn't the time change trick work on o3ds?

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, but i'm not against using OOT rather than editing my time / date every time.
Except if it's easier for the boot rate etc, but i think it's the same no?

Last edited by Rick Astley,

Blaine20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help i downgraded my 2ds to 2.1.0u in attempt to get a9lh but accendently formatted it on 2.1.0u and now i cannot set it up can someone please help me thanks and godspeed

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help i downgraded my 2ds to 2.1.0u in attempt to get a9lh but accendently formatted it on 2.1.0u and now i cannot set it up can someone please help me thanks and godspeed
Pretty sure you need a hardmod now. That way u can restore the nand back up I hope you have.

Blaine20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw snap
sucks but thanks for the fast reply

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pretty sure you need a hardmod now. That way u can restore the nand back up I hope you have.
one more thing i can force it into recovery but after it starts to update it stops almost instant i found if i were to go to a different ip address hint mcdonald's etc then itll reset the internet i think theres a clue in that

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So, I have A9LH installed on my O3DS and I also installed this.

So the question is, what would the best flashcard for me?

I just want it to play NDS games, anything else I can do with CFW already, so what would the best cart be?

I've heard the the DSTwo (not plus) is pretty good.

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I just want it to play NDS games, anything else I can do with CFW already, so what would the best cart be?

Get a R4i Gold, AFAIK it works on 3DS without any need for patches.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

The R4i Gold is cheaper and works just fine.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like SterneSchreien and Kyojin said, the R4i Gold should be enough for you if all you want is NDS Games. As a DSTwo owner, the only advantages I can see for owning one is the added built-in GBA and SNES emulation. However, you said you just want it to play NDS games, so that would be pretty useless to you. So get the R4i Gold as recommended. :)

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Get a R4i Gold, AFAIK it works on 3DS without any need for patches.
The R4i Gold is cheaper and works just fine.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Like SterneSchreien and Kyojin said, the R4i Gold should be enough for you if all you want is NDS Games. As a DSTwo owner, the only advantages I can see for owning one is the added built-in GBA and SNES emulation. However, you said you just want it to play NDS games, so that would be pretty useless to you. So get the R4i Gold as recommended. :)

Thank you!

Is there any "official" resellers that I can buy the card from?

Edit: Nvm I'm blind, just saw the link.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Davidchao23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with NASA.

Whenever I try to install a legit cia (in this case Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate) the importing goes slow at first, it then stops for a little, and starts downloading faster. By the time it's supposed to be at the last mb for the game, it shows the turn off your 3DS error.

Can anybody help?

3than_H

Monado Boy
Trophies
Website
imreallyfeelingit.com
XP
Country
United States
I need help with NASA.

Whenever I try to install a legit cia (in this case Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate) the importing goes slow at first, it then stops for a little, and starts downloading faster. By the time it's supposed to be at the last mb for the game, it shows the turn off your 3DS error.

Can anybody help?
try a different cia installer, e.g. fbi or bbm

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My O3DS is now A9LH'd. If I want to return to stock FW, how would I go about it?
And if I have a SysNAND-A9LH backup, could I just dump it to my NAND and return to A9LH?

Last edited by Stash23,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the HOME Menu not able to read banner.sav from DSiWare titles?
http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm said:
Some DSi games are having a separate "banner.sav" file stored in the eMMC filesystem, enabled via carthdr[1BFh].bit2 (allowing to indicate the game progress by overriding the default icon).

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
My O3DS is now A9LH'd. If I want to return to stock FW, how would I go about it?
And if I have a SysNAND-A9LH backup, could I just dump it to my NAND and return to A9LH?

To return to stock firmware you just have to restore a NAND backup before A9LH install
Yeap, as long Decrypt9 works on the firmware version, you can restore a NAND backup with A9LH installed and have A9LH back

Reactions: Stash23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs