• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been with a successfully modded 3ds for about a week, but I have yet to enjoy it. I picked it back up today, but I struggled to find a way to convert and play my 3ds roms/cias because I am unable to convert them.

I'm still having some issues getting my 3ds roms to .Cia.

-After adding my roms to the roms folder of the cia converter
-I added the ncchinfo.bin to the decrypt9 folder on the root of my sd
-added the brahma folder to the root with the uncart and decrypt9 bins
-also added the dump r2 folder to root of sd
-after running brahma I selected to run payload9 and then attempted to run decrypt 9 but it just boots me back to the main homebrew screen.
I'm following the tutorial on Reddit that was posted about 4 months ago.

Hopefully someone can tell me where I'm wrong. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
help i need really quick help.
right now i'm on part 4 section III getting OTP
if i reboot with microsd in my n3ds black screen on boot
if i remove microsd i can go to home menu.
then i continue step 1 . Go to htpp://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
#1 try stuck 30% on progress bar freeze on browser then i switch off
#2 success 100% but nothing happen freeze on browser. i switch off
#3 stuck at 50%
there's nothing on plailect guide troubleshooting about this
Anyone can help me please thanksss

Last edited by Dhaze,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been with a successfully modded 3ds for about a week, but I have yet to enjoy it. I picked it back up today, but I struggled to find a way to convert and play my 3ds roms/cias because I am unable to convert them.

I'm still having some issues getting my 3ds roms to .Cia.

-After adding my roms to the roms folder of the cia converter
-I added the ncchinfo.bin to the decrypt9 folder on the root of my sd
-added the brahma folder to the root with the uncart and decrypt9 bins
-also added the dump r2 folder to root of sd
-after running brahma I selected to run payload9 and then attempted to run decrypt 9 but it just boots me back to the main homebrew screen.
I'm following the tutorial on Reddit that was posted about 4 months ago.

Hopefully someone can tell me where I'm wrong. Thanks

Sounds like you are using an outdated guide.
Use this guide if you are on an A9LH setup: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4hwuhf/

#3 stuck at 50%
Did you reinsert your SD card after you got to the home menu? Are all the required files on your SD Card? Double check to make sure they are all there.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
#3 stuck at 50%
Keep trying it took me 3 tries going I panicked too

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

XP_version1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just putting A9LH etc. on my n3DS following the Plailect guide and wondered how easy it was to revert the 3ds completely back to stock at a later date if I needed.

Is it just a case of formatting the memory card and updating to whatever FW Nintendo are pushing out at that moment?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just putting A9LH etc. on my n3DS following the Plailect guide and wondered how easy it was to revert the 3ds completely back to stock at a later date if I needed.

Is it just a case of formatting the memory card and updating to whatever FW Nintendo are pushing out at that moment?
You need to flash back a clean vanilla NAND dump. In other words, one without A9LH. Basically, just flash back sysnand_original.bin (the one made if you followed the A9LH guide, and kept the backup) using Decrypt9 -> SysNAND Options -> SysNAND Backup/Restore -> Nand Restore.

Reactions: Arubaro

XP_version1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to flash back a clean vanilla NAND dump. In other words, one without A9LH. Basically, just flash back sysnand_original.bin (the one made if you followed the A9LH guide, and kept the backup) using Decrypt9 -> SysNAND Options -> SysNAND Backup/Restore -> Nand Restore.

At that point would I not still have the Homebrew launcher installed? Can I just delete that or is it more complicated than that?

Last edited by XP_version1,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At that point would I not still have the Homebrew launcher installed?
On an A9LH setup, you would launch Decrypt9 by holding Start, assuming you followed the A9LH guide and setup how the guide tells you to.

After restoring a Vanilla SysNAND, you would lose A9LH, this is why the guide makes you backup another sysNAND at the end called sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin, as this one should have the A9LH files in the sysNAND.

To remove menuhax from the Vanilla SysNAND, all you'd have to do is change the theme a couple times, and it's gone, or delete the corresponding Nintendo3DS folder that is tied to that sysNAND, no Homebrew is actually on the sysNAND.

XP_version1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On an A9LH setup, you would launch Decrypt9 by holding Start, assuming you followed the A9LH guide and setup how the guide tells you to.

After restoring a Vanilla SysNAND, you would lose A9LH, this is why the guide makes you backup another sysNAND at the end called sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin, as this one should have the A9LH files in the sysNAND.

To remove menuhax from the Vanilla SysNAND, all you'd have to do is change the theme a couple times, and it's gone, or delete the corresponding Nintendo3DS folder that is tied to that sysNAND, no Homebrew is actually on the sysNAND.

Ah, that makes sense. Cheers much for the help :)

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you are using an outdated guide.
Use this guide if you are on an A9LH setup: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4hwuhf/

Did you reinsert your SD card after you got to the home menu? Are all the required files on your SD Card? Double check to make sure they are all there.
Thanks for the link. Hopefully I can get it going before we go on memorial break this weekend.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
HI

I'm trying to launch FE fates SE (EUR) with Hans for undub patch, but for unkown reason it doesn't work at all.

Currently i'm trying to retrieve the titleID because it's not present on 3DSDB yet, but nothing works.
If i insert the game after i launched Hans, nothing happens. If i launch Hans after i inserted the game, the 3DS crash/freeze and never reach the Hans main screen.

Any advice to run FE fates SE (EUR) with Hans ?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI

I'm trying to launch FE fates SE (EUR) with Hans for undub patch, but for unkown reason it doesn't work at all.

Currently i'm trying to retrieve the titleID because it's not present on 3DSDB yet, but nothing works.
If i insert the game after i launched Hans, nothing happens. If i launch Hans after i inserted the game, the 3DS crash/freeze and never reach the Hans main screen.

Any advice to run FE fates SE (EUR) with Hans ?
Jk's save manager should give you the title id. It gives you a high id and a low id. You put then together for the title id.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I'll check that. Then i'll still need to reach the Hans main menu while the game is in the 3DS. Anyone having found/resolved an issue ?

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'll check that. Then i'll still need to reach the Hans main menu while the game is in the 3DS. Anyone having found/resolved an issue ?
https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls

To use homebrew with 9.6-crypto titles, you need a folder called "mmap" at the root of your SD card, with XML files for each 9.6-crypto title you want to use

You will also need the newest hbl and a 2.7 homebrew payload if you don't have then

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems as if I've been here a lot the past few days. This is regarding a second N3DS for the sake of my brother so here goes:

He picked up 2 New 3DS XL's within the past 2 days. One was on 10.7 and the one he got today was on 9.9.0-26U. Returned the 10.7 one to get the 9.9 one

I was able to get the Homebrew Launcher on it and install menuhax. When attempting to downgrade to 9.2 it errored out and became a partial downgrade. I've managed to get it back on but every time I try to open the web browser it prompts me that I need a system update to use the internet, therefore making it unable to use browserhax

Is browserhax now out of the question? I've tried looking at fixes online but the web browser is still giving me prompt me to update, making the browser unusable

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems as if I've been here a lot the past few days. This is regarding a second N3DS for the sake of my brother so here goes:

He picked up 2 New 3DS XL's within the past 2 days. One was on 10.7 and the one he got today was on 9.9.0-26U. Returned the 10.7 one to get the 9.9 one

I was able to get the Homebrew Launcher on it and install menuhax. When attempting to downgrade to 9.2 it errored out and became a partial downgrade. I've managed to get it back on but every time I try to open the web browser it prompts me that I need a system update to use the internet, therefore making it unable to use browserhax

Is browserhax now out of the question? I've tried looking at fixes online but the web browser is still giving me prompt me to update, making the browser unusable
Did you try the date fix?

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you try the date fix?
First thing I tried. I figured out why it's doing it, which the reason is completely my fault...made the dumb mistake of testing a cartridge out that required 9.9 firmware. Updated to that to attempt a fresh start and now I'm stuck with a so-called "dummy browser." Cartridges that have the 9.9 firmware built in all contain this dummy browser

It's a shame because I also have a 9.5 firmware cartridge I could have put in instead. Wouldn't be in this mess if I did that game instead :( The only other entrypoint that's realistic for me is supermysterychunkhax so I think I'm gonna have to run any store shortly and pick a copy up

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are XORpads and are they still relevant in today's 3DS advancements?

Also, is there a tool that lets me backup/RestoreMii Street Plaza Data?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.