• Views 4,440,248
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah the initial downgrade files check goes through successfully. also checked the SHA256 for the .zip i downloaded, it's the same as what's in the guide.

i know the guide says it can take a few times for the downgrade, just double checking if there's something else i should do or just try and try until it works :-/

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the initial downgrade files check goes through successfully. also checked the SHA256 for the .zip i downloaded, it's the same as what's in the guide.

i know the guide says it can take a few times for the downgrade, just double checking if there's something else i should do or just try and try until it works :-/
What firmware is the emu/rednand on?

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

it's on 10.7, and it's using the old EmuNand - i set up MenuHax before RedNand was popular.

"0004013800000002 (NFIRM) : v.00000 -> v.03553 -> FAIL... try again"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's on 10.7, and it's using the old EmuNand - i set up ReiNand MenuHax before RedNand was popular.

i think i'm gonna try to start the tutorial from Step 3 with a fresh SD card. might be some incompatibilities between reinand and/or emunand instead of rednand or something.

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's on 10.7, and it's using the old EmuNand - i set up MenuHax before RedNand was popular.

it's on 10.7, and it's using the old EmuNand - i set up ReiNand MenuHax before RedNand was popular.

i think i'm gonna try to start the tutorial from Step 3 with a fresh SD card. might be some incompatibilities between reinand and/or emunand instead of rednand or something.
It's possible, I did mine and a few others using emunand without issue though. But shit does change so its worth a shot

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone pls tell me this- i have 1.47 gbs left in my sd card and i wanna install a cia of 1.43 gbs. will it work? do i need double to the space to install it? what do i do?
You will 2x the space unless you do a network install. Delete a game you don't play. Use jk's save manager to backup its save so you still have it

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible, I did mine and a few others using emunand without issue though. But shit does change so its worth a shot

going this route - once i get A9LH installed i could revert back to my old SD card right? just copy over the A9LH files (will figure out which later) and it could boot my old emunand again?

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going this route - once i get A9LH installed i could revert back to my old SD card right? just copy over the A9LH files (will figure out which later) and it could boot my old emunand again?
Yup. After the first couple I actually started using a second sd card as it speeds the entire thing up

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I'm trying to set up A9LH on my 2DS after setting it up on my N3DS system and I'm having some issues whilst trying to inject FBI to the health and safety app, universal injector tells me that hs.app isn't located in it's folder when it clearly is, I set up rxTools on the 2DS prior and had already injected an older version of FBI into the app, could this be causing the issue? If so could I just use that version of FBI if it'll run on my system when I boot H&S from my redNAND?

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

it worked and i'm now on A9LH (yay! still, some cleaning up to do)

it worked, but not because of the RedNand / Luma combo. according to someone in chat - it's the ReiNand that's causing the NFIRM downgrade to fail. apparently FIRM protection was enabled by default in ReiNand starting from version 3.6b, haha. i was on 4.0.

oh well, at least i'd know what to do on my second N3DS! thanks for all the help, appreciate it greatly! :)

Reactions: emuashui

kinski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, but I can't find anything that matches the issue i'm facing...

I followed the Plailect tutorial (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/) and I'm currently stucked at part 3 step 26:
  • Reinstall menuhax on SysNAND as the format will have removed it
  • Boot RedNAND
  • Open System Settings
  • If you do not see "Emu" in front of the version number, then you are not on RedNAND. DO NOT UPDATE, FIND WHAT WENT WRONG
My 3DS is rebooting and EMU is not written in the system settings, and I have followed all steps religiously :D What may be the problem ? How do in find "what went wrong" ?

Thank you a lot in advance for any answer !

Last edited by kinski,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, but I can't find anything that matches the issue i'm facing...

I followed the Plailect tutorial (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/) and I'm currently stucked at part 3 step 26:
  • Reinstall menuhax on SysNAND as the format will have removed it
  • Boot RedNAND
  • Open System Settings
  • If you do not see "Emu" in front of the version number, then you are not on RedNAND. DO NOT UPDATE, FIND WHAT WENT WRONG
My 3DS is rebooting and EMU is not written in the system settings, and I have followed all steps religiously :D What may be the problem ? How do in find "what went wrong" ?

Thank you a lot in advance for any answer !

If you hold select (IIRC) on boot you'll find yourself in the Luma3DS set up menu. Make sure that this is turned on:
"Show current NAND in System Settings"

kinski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your reply Temarile,
I've turned on this option everytime i've tried to boot rednand from Luma3DS but it's not working.
I've just followed again the entire part 3, and it's still failing.

What's driving me nuts is that all was ok on my first try with another 3DS, EMU was written on system settings _ its was right before I messed up at part 27, lauching update without reading the bold part of :
  1. Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings (Once you exit System Settings / SD Card Management you will be returned to SysNAND, make sure to enter back into RedNAND before updating!)
:nayps3::rofl2:

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have a question, is there a way to switch to a bigger sd card in my 3ds (I followed plailect's guide in Luma + A9LH)? I am currently stuck at "Getting the OTP" part 24 where I backup my sys/emunand.bin due to my Toshiba 4 gb (now 2 gb).

Thank you for your reply Temarile,
I've turned on this option everytime i've tried to boot rednand from Luma3DS but it's not working.
I've just followed again the entire part 3, and it's still failing.

What's driving me nuts is that all was ok on my first try with another 3DS, EMU was written on system settings _ its was right before I messed up at part 27, lauching update without reading the bold part of :
  1. Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings (Once you exit System Settings / SD Card Management you will be returned to SysNAND, make sure to enter back into RedNAND before updating!)
:nayps3::rofl2:

Try opening Homebrew Launcher through menuhax and click Luma3DS and activate "Show Current Nand"

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to physical damage, I'm considering getting another New 3ds and doing a system transfer. I'm currently using latest Luma3ds. If I, before transferring, downgrade and get the target system's OTP and install A9Lhax, will the transfer work ok? (Using the 'switch sd card' option of course)

Edit: I also am considering sending it in to Nintendo to repair. Will they notice if I've uninstalled A9Lhax?

Last edited by ultramario1998,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.