Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
the only thing i saw from him was putting the Yakareando message on a boot manager
He put his name on SafeA9LHInstaller as well. There's probably more, but I don't care enough to look. It only takes one instance for me to determine whether or not someone is a thieving scumbag looking for a spotlight.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
He put his name on SafeA9LHInstaller as well. There's probably more, but I don't care enough to look. It only takes one instance for me to determine whether or not someone is a thieving scumbag looking for a spotlight.
I disagree (just personal thought)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I disagree (just personal thought)
Why? I honestly don't understand how you could. I mean, if I put my name on any sort of highly popular, or even necessary, homebrew project and uploaded a video showcasing it with my name on it I'd be rightfully ass blasted to hell and back. What makes plagiarism acceptable in your eyes? Just because he links to the project's Git in the video description? Like you said, people don't read, so why would they bother to check the description for Git sources when all they want is a download link to what's being fed to them in the video? Even if they do check the Git, do you think they're gonna scour it for credit strings?

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Wolfvak

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Why? I honestly don't understand how you could. I mean, if I put my name on any sort of highly popular, or even necessary, homebrew project and uploaded a video showcasing it with my name on it I'd be rightfully ass blasted to hell and back. What makes plagiarism acceptable in your eyes? Just because he links to the project's Git in the video description? Like you said, people don't read, so why would they bother to check the description for Git sources when all they want is a download link to what's being fed to them in the video? Even if they do check the Git, do you think they're gonna scour it for credit strings?
and they're gonna read the title, then?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
What title are you referring to? When he showcased SafeA9LHInstaller, which shows the credits on the 3DS screen, his name was the first one in the list. That's kinda hard to miss.
If i dont remember badly, i think he translated it?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The video I saw had it in English, so he either didn't showcase his own supposed fork, or your memory is just bad. Look, I'm not trying to go after you, but I don't like seeing someone defend an obvious plagiarist.
I cant remember tbh, dont worry, its clear what you're trying to say. Its just not my type of thinking slashing someone like that

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and thats what Nintendo needs to take off the streets, going after Youtube videos makes me laugh. The real culprit is still out there working on 11.3 patch :P
well tbh they're doing their best for flashcards, considering that theyre already outlawed anyway.

but i think going after yt stops noobish people from trying to cfw their systems, for practically free.

Reactions: munchy_cool

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I cant remember tbh, dont worry, its clear what you're trying to say. Its just not my type of thinking slashing someone like that
I've been on the internet way too long to give people the benefit of the doubt when the writing on the wall is screaming in my face. Maybe I'm entirely too nihilistic, and your line of thinking is respectable in the sense that it's not as negative as mine, but I feel that that's just sheer ignorance. Maybe he's not that bad of a guy for other reasons, but he recklessly led to the bricking of people's consoles and slathered his name on work that wasn't his. Fool me once, as the saying goes.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: rikumax25!

Ichiriki

Trophies
XP
Country
If u understood spanish, he never verbaly claimed anything, he normally says "thanks to the great dev"X" and stuff like that" on the video, but still, i havent seen any file he claims it as his own so u might be right on that... :\

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh though, slash is well deserved if all you did to your "fork" was slap your name into the credits :rofl2:

its honestly the most shameful thing in the hacking community, next to trolling.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
If u understood spanish, he never verbaly claimed anything, he normally says "thanks to the great dev"X" and stuff like that" on the video, but still, i havent seen any file he claims it as his own so u might be right on that... :\
He adds Yakara or something along those lines (like "Yakareando console in 3 sec" menuhax boot)

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the fact that hes bringing it up, probably means he did it in an english tuto then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans