Gaming 3DS Internet??

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wizzerzak said:
AlanJohn said:
I've heard rumors that the 3DS might have html5 or flash, It might be possible since the 3DS doesn't have a browser yet.

Wow. a portable device with htlm5/flash or, even better, java? If so, it's worth getting one just for that, even the iPhone can't handle it...

iphone can handle it, they just want people to buy the next iphone.

Wizzerzak said:
NetFront, read the source.

and it says 'Javascript' that's not the same java as we use to play games is it?
Nope, but people have made javascript games.

DarkBria said:
Nintendo have sad this a time ago(This is what I remember):
There will be a browser that can play video's not Oprah browser but another (I forget the name of it).
Nintendo never said a thing.
Some guy at a newspaper said it.

QUOTE(Ravenius @ Mar 20 2011, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE(pachura @ Mar 20 2011, 08:06 PM)
3DS will most probably have a separate app just for browsing and viewing Youtube videos. There's no way it could handle web pages (HTML + CSS + JavaScript with AJAX) and play embedded videos at the same time...

Not necessarily. It could be possible the 3DS could handle a normal webpage like Youtube.
HTML, CSS and AJAX don't really use a lot of resources, and Javascript is rarely active unless activated by a click etc.
javascript is ajax.
And javascript is a resource hog.
It's why it was never really used properly until we all got 64bit cpus and dual cores, so they started re-writing faster engines to try to help it not be a hog.
Not that javascript requires 64bit or dualcore, it's just less noticeable drag on a good system.
I hate javascript.

I think there'll be a Nintendo 3D Video channel for short-form video like the shaun the sheep thing and all, and the browser will probably work on youtube.
If it doesn't work on youtube, google aren't stupid and do want to get 3D video out there, so they'll figure something out specially for the 3DS.

oliverlubbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP is basically dead
unsure.gif
It has so much potential but they just make crap for it. There are some classics but i mean like Crisis Core, Birth by Sleep and portable ops, but besides that there is really nothing

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
AlanJohn said:
I've heard rumors that the 3DS might have html5 or flash, It might be possible since the 3DS doesn't have a browser yet.

Wow. a portable device with htlm5/flash or, even better, java? If so, it's worth getting one just for that, even the iPhone can't handle it...

iPhone CAN handle it, they're just paranoid something can happen. Android 2.2 has full Flash 10.3 support, and all phones with it.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian10122 said:
iPhone CAN handle it, they're just paranoid something can happen.

No, they just don't want people to develop Flash games and publish them on web pages, which would put AppStore out of business...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning