Gaming 3DS Impressions

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would really like to know what other people think about the 3DS, because I may buy it from Singapore later this year and because if many people like the 3DS my dad will be very convinced to buy the 3DS for me
wink.gif

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It taste very good like sweet cherries. Though it is not edible! Aside from the taste the 3DS smells like cinnamon for the first 2 hours or so. On the tech side of things it is backed with nice tech demos that promise a good bit of entertainment until you can actually get a game meant for the system. The 3D is lovely and provides a nice amount of depth. At first however the 3D can cause headaches, lightheaded-ness, and wobbling (least for me) this goes away with time (my second play through).

Street fighter 4 is a lovely port of the console version that plays just fine I haven't noticed anything off other than the backgrounds not moving.

Pilot wings resort is so far the best use of the 3D and is a rather relaxing title.

The AR cards work as another nice distraction that comes with the system, either playing a odd version of pool, shooting targets, or fishing :T They also provide they first reason for you to get some play coins by getting out and walking!

Streetpass is a nice add on, the mii maker is OK if not a little eye broken, the MP3 player has low sound which is disappointing, the voice recorder is fine though, the activity log is a nice thing to tell you what titles you've played, the online play works nicely I've not noticed any lag, the download play works OK if not a bit slow at first, the camera is a bit grainy though is nice for quick pics though not big ones, and the use of game notes is a cool thing to have even though you'll probably just doodle in it.

Pardon my grammar and sorry that last bit just boiled down into a list.

naved.islam14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks BrightNeko, for the quick reply before I logged off and for the detailed but quick review. The 3DS sounds pretty fun, but is there anything to do with the 3DS if I can only buy one game for it, (Even if my father lets me buy it, He may not let me buy more than one or two games for it).

Z

Zorua

Its ok.....

The launch titles suck(most of them are ports/remakes).

The 3D can give you severe headaches and strains your eyes.

I love the AR though. It's really awesome!

About the StreetPass, it'll be completely useless for you because you live in Sri Lanka and I don't think Nintendo has any official presence there. Of course, it's the same for me. I've just found one person using Street Pass and that was my friend.

naved.islam14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I know street pass will be useless (Maybe after one or two years it will be fun). I know about the headaches and the eye strains, whenever I will feel bad while playing I'll just tone down the 3D, and by the time I buy the 3DS (Which should be some time between September and October) there will be some good games for the 3DS I guess.

naved.islam14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice good to know that the speaker can be louder because I never liked the PSP and NDS speakers and are there anymore opinions/impressions on the 3DS?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
BrightNeko said:
It taste very good like sweet cherries. Though it is not edible! Aside from the taste the 3DS smells like cinnamon for the first 2 hours or so.
this made me want to buy a 3DS, 2 and a half months earlier than planned.

naved.islam14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Narayan said:
BrightNeko said:
It taste very good like sweet cherries. Though it is not edible! Aside from the taste the 3DS smells like cinnamon for the first 2 hours or so.

Haha funny, but my father still thinks its too expensive (About 400SGD! + Game cost about 60SGD!), so he says maybe but I know it means no
sad.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
naved.islam14 said:
Narayan said:
BrightNeko said:

Haha funny, but my father still thinks its too expensive (About 400SGD! + Game cost about 60SGD!), so he says maybe but I know it means no
sad.gif
save up. but how old are you? try to sweet talk your dad. reason out with him. say that it's 3D, without glasses.
i don't have a 3DS yet. i was planning to buy on july for my birthday. but this made me think that maybe i'd buy one as soon as i have the money rather than wait for my birthday.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
benno300 said:
BrightNeko said:
the MP3 player has low sound which is disappointing,

If you change the from surround sound to stereo sound the volume gets higher so this is not a problem.

I did that it is still rather low with head phones on. The speaks though get louder.

if you get no game with it you still have the AR cards and face raiders :T

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The build is amazing. The 3d DOES WORK perfectly. It looks really cool. Nice gameply lots of fun apps! Period.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
Its ok.....

The launch titles suck(most of them are ports/remakes).

The 3D can give you severe headaches and strains your eyes.

I love the AR though. It's really awesome!

About the StreetPass, it'll be completely useless for you because you live in Sri Lanka and I don't think Nintendo has any official presence there. Of course, it's the same for me. I've just found one person using Street Pass and that was my friend.

The launch titles don't suck, you just aren't interested in anything that is out at the moment.

I just got mine today (black) along with Street Fighter IV and Tom Clancy's Shadow Wars. I haven't played a Street Fighter game since the PSX days, and this is a nice one. Shadow Wars is also a decent title (it's a tactics game). The 3D can take some getting used to. But once you get used to it, it's really nice (just don't tilt the 3DS from side to side as the screen will start to flicker). My system hasn't been updated yet, and I haven't ran into the BSOD. The Mii maker is a little... odd. You create your Mii the normal way, then take your photo, and the 3DS uses the built-in facial recognition software to attempt to create a Mii that matches your photo (it does a decent job), then you go back to editing your Mii. I like being able to adjust the 3D effect as well as turn the Wi-fi on/off via sliders on the side. The joystick (slider as they call it) is also a bit nicer than I was expecting (too used to the PSP's crappy 'slider'). Oh, and the instruction manual is pretty large for such a small piece of hardware.

Overall, it's definitely a nice handheld and was worth the money. I recommend getting it.

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is amazing. The 3d is so much cooler than I expected, One of my favorite features is the 3d camera. The games that come with it are pretty awesome too.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxGuru said:
I think it is amazing. The 3d is so much cooler than I expected, One of my favorite features is the 3d camera. The games that come with it are pretty awesome too.
Yea I'm
wub.gif
the camera because all the pics on gbatemp.
smile.gif

Funny thing is the game and watch game in 3DS Sounds is fun to play.
laugh.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I finally got to use the 3DS today, it's pretty good system from what I was able to do and honestly I am planning on buying one now, but sadly as I suspected I still can't see the 3D effects, even at their max...although at the max I did feel a little off. Then I got my glasses and still couldn't see the effects, but that strange off feeling went away
happy.gif

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I think the camera quality is rubbish and the 3D is very temperamental. It would be worth trying one somehow before actually buying cause it affects people very differently from person to person.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk