Hardware 3DS impossible to update?

PsYcHoziS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there people I'm new nice to meet you all anyway I'll go over what I'm having issues with, my 3ds is on 6.0.08e firmware and won't update through the genuine system update I've tried changing dns codes, different as cards router turned off then on, l r a up combination I've tried almost everything I've scoured the web and here I am with pretty much a bricked 3ds hope someone can help (sorry if this was the wrong place to post just move it if that's the case) thanks guys hope to hear from you shortly

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump, please help had this problem for a week now

This was a non-hacked 3ds previously? Reason for asking is that you might just want to contact nintendo on what to do. I wish I had that problem though so none of the 3ds we have would update.

PsYcHoziS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend did some profile hack or something but he's adamant this hasn't caused this somehow I think he's wrong all I want to update for is so I can get dbz demo from the e shop I've googled what my problem is apparently the update is hanging and you've to turn it off when it stops so it can restart the update my frustration levels are going through the roof

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
He probably downgraded the mset to 4x or some other nand modding shenanigans.

Try downgrading it to 4.5 using gateway firmware (u don't need the gateway flashcard). That may 'normalize' the title layout and allow you to update.
(i supposed you've already tried a cart update?)

PsYcHoziS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could never get back into gateway since he left it like this I did the browser gateway opener but it just kept saying loading any help? Yes I did try update via cart but not sure the update was of any use I used a bravely default cart to update which did nothing

PsYcHoziS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend said something about rxtools I honestly haven't the foggiest last time I hacked something was a psp years ago and at the minute I have no access to a computer thanks for all the help the guys keep us tips coming I'm determined to get it updated after a week of trying tbh I think I'm going to ring Nintendo today yes I know it had an exploit but as far as my friend said it shouldn't have affected anything cheers guys!

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Now why will you want to update 3ds, just create emunand with gateway and load in rxtools and update that for latest games and stuff like that, or rxtools has firmware spoofing, well try formatting it and doing it if you REALLY want to that and make 3ds unhackable, but i sure will NOT want to do that. Well can you access eShop? Tell me if it errors or if it works and tells you to update

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
try following a tutorial to run rxTools 3.0 beta 8 in it (booting it via browser, or installing the mset rop chain via browser and then booting via Nintendo DS Profile).
Run rxTools in devmode, install FBI.
Then download sysUpdater and an upgrade pack (anything equal to or lower than 9.2, like 8.1).
Then install and run sysUpdater (still in devmode) and upgrade to your desired version.

DaftMink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried formatting the system memory?.
Also clear your 3ds browser cache/cookies and check to make sure the 3ds wireless nic is working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"