Hacking 3ds homebrew launcher for 4.5.10?

Matt Jones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If updating emuNAND, go into settings, check it says rx3d... etc (NOT ver. ...). Go to other settings then system update. Make sure you do not leave system settings at any point. If you go into setting a and then quit you won't be in emuNAND, and if you update then you're updating your real system and can't use rxTools anymore.

Never update if it asks you to anywhere (e.g. On home menu, in eShop, etc) except going to settings other settings system update.
Well is there any way I can go online play and bypass the update?

Matt Jones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh thank you very much. I'm installing FBI now and I noticed the tutorials says to install to sysnand if I want to get ds/dsi games. Is that like a choice like I can only do one or the other or I can choose both?

EDIT It's all finished! (I'd still like an answer on the emunand/sysnand thing if possible though) now where can I go to find some good homebrew. Now I haven't been keeping track of the 3ds homebrew scene so I was wondering if you could answer this question for me about its capabilities:

1. Can I download backups off the internet and install them?
2. Can I install emulators?
3. What exactly are 'cia' files? The tutorial never seems to explain that.
4. Where can I go to find good homebrew applications?
5. How exactly do I launch homebrew from FBI or RXtools or whichever I use? (I can't exactly find many tutorials online about it :/)
6. Is there anyway to access the internet and stuff like online play without updating? (As wouldn't that break the exploit?
Thanks!!

Alright cool! Also in Rxtools or whatever that site was it talks of installing to sysnand for ds/dsi games what's the purpose of that and is it safe to do it after I've installed to emunand?

Matt Jones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh thank you very much. I'm installing FBI now and I noticed the tutorials says to install to sysnand if I want to get ds/dsi games. Is that like a choice like I can only do one or the other or I can choose both?

EDIT It's all finished! (I'd still like an answer on the emunand/sysnand thing if possible though) now where can I go to find some good homebrew. Now I haven't been keeping track of the 3ds homebrew scene so I was wondering if you could answer this question for me about its capabilities:

1. Can I download backups off the internet and install them?
2. Can I install emulators?
3. What exactly are 'cia' files? The tutorial never seems to explain that.
4. Where can I go to find good homebrew applications?
5. How exactly do I launch homebrew from FBI or RXtools or whichever I use? (I can't exactly find many tutorials online about it :/)
6. Is there anyway to access the internet and stuff like online play without updating? (As wouldn't that break the exploit?
Thanks!!
When I update what do you mean make sure it says rx3d. Like are you saying when I go into the 3ds system and go to software update from the settings menu it will say rx3d or do I need to like run an update from the rxtools site (again sorry for these stupid questions I'm new to all this :L) Because i'd like to update the system itself to 9.2 as that's the version free multipatcher works on.

Last edited by Matt Jones,

Matt Jones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to update the system to play online, you just need the latest game update. You can get to the eShop using freemultipatcher, or apply the game update as a cia.
And you're saying I can update games via accessing the eshop through freemultipatcher? Because right now freemultipatcher doesn't seem to work on my system version I'm 4.5.10 and freemultipatcher is only compatible with 9.2 rxtools. So It seems I'll need to update to 9.2 or at least that's the way it seems as when I launch free multipatcher it endless loops the 'nintendo 3ds' logo upon launching the application

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
And you're saying I can update games via accessing the eshop through freemultipatcher? Because right now freemultipatcher doesn't seem to work on my system version I'm 4.5.10 and freemultipatcher is only compatible with 9.2 rxtools. So It seems I'll need to update to 9.2 or at least that's the way it seems as when I launch free multipatcher it endless loops the 'nintendo 3ds' logo upon launching the application
It works on my 9.0 n3ds but I guess that doesn't really help you. You should be able to update your system to 9.2 using the update pack from "that" ISO site and sysupdater. I don't have any actual knowledge though, I've only ever followed step by step guides to use sysupdater and freemultipatcher.

Matt Jones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works on my 9.0 n3ds but I guess that doesn't really help you. You should be able to update your system to 9.2 using the update pack from "that" ISO site and sysupdater. I don't have any actual knowledge though, I've only ever followed step by step guides to use sysupdater and freemultipatcher.
I'm tired so I'm not fully there right now so this may have been answered in a previous one but is sysupdater a cia application or is it in the rxtools or what. Also I'm assuming by 'that iso site' you mean *snip*? And I'm assuming that means I can't just software update via normal means.

Last edited by Depravo, , Reason: Don't name ROM sites

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm tired so I'm not fully there right now so this may have been answered in a previous one but is sysupdater a cia application or is it in the rxtools or what. Also I'm assuming by 'that iso site' you mean *snip*? And I'm assuming that means I can't just software update via normal means.
Yeah sysupdater is a cia, and you can't update through normal means as that will put you at the latest firmware which means your console will no longer be exploitable.

Last edited by Depravo, , Reason: Don't name ROM sites

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: