Hacking 3DS Homebrew Channel!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you think about it, Ram modification is where hacking of this system will start. Once people can figure out how to modify more things in the ram, such as what is loaded upon boot, it can be put on a modchip. Then, unlicensed code can be run. But that's only in a best-case scenario. Life always throws you a curveball when you least expect it.
TO translate, Nintendo releases a patch, right when things wwork. Remember the DSi?
If it's a modchip that can just optionally load different firmware, then why would that be a problem?
they can't patch hardware.

Well, the Reset Glitch Hack says hello. I can see where you're coming from though. I'm just waiting, and watching for something useful to come out of all this. If it does great, if it doesn't it's not like our current situation is bad. DS Mode flashcarts, free DS games and homebrew in DS mode.

(Though straying not too far, the RGH was updated to work on the newest firmware I believe. So the above posts mentioning one can be updated might not be too far off. We're still getting ahead of ourselves, but it's nice to look ahead at what might possible occur.)

Reactions: Margen67

loco365

Trophies
XP
When you think about it, Ram modification is where hacking of this system will start. Once people can figure out how to modify more things in the ram, such as what is loaded upon boot, it can be put on a modchip. Then, unlicensed code can be run. But that's only in a best-case scenario. Life always throws you a curveball when you least expect it.
TO translate, Nintendo releases a patch, right when things wwork. Remember the DSi?
If it's a modchip that can just optionally load different firmware, then why would that be a problem?
they can't patch hardware.

Well, the Reset Glitch Hack says hello. I can see where you're coming from though. I'm just waiting, and watching for something useful to come out of all this. If it does great, if it doesn't not like our current situation is bad. DS Mode flashcarts, free DS games and homebrew in DS mode.
Think of it this way: It's better than nothing.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should we keep updating our 3DS'es? I have my luanch 3DS.

I would see good to use the debian or arch linux team raspberrypi made for arm11. http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads

Yea very early for that. Close but not close for the 3DS to get hack.

Hope this turns nicely since this is progresing.

The Wii U runs the crytek engine and is weaker that the Wii. The 3DS being as strong as the Wii should be able to run the crytek engine. The only thing is, I fear for the battery life somehow.

Changing the value of games for the grafics to be greater. Like need for speed run. Max graphics availible. :)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3DS being as strong as the Wii should be able to run the crytek engine. The only thing is, I fear for the battery life somehow.

Already answered the first part in another thread, but how do you assume that a system running at the same speed as another system (which doesn't have a Crytek game?) would automatically have a Crytek game? Optimizing is the key element here, but it would require a lot of work for a CryEngine based game to be loaded on the 3DS. Not to mention that it will never look as great on the 3DS as it does on a PC or on a HDTV + PS3/360. Simply because of the resolution and less possibilities of showing stuff on the screen. Well, time will only tell if and when Crytek releases something on the 3DS and wether it uses a CryEngine (whatever the version).

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see neimod is rewriting the RAM or part kb of the RAM?

With some game loading up a mod save file.

It could be the same case as the DSIXL.

Davejmurphy had to upload a savefile by wireless to the RAM. and BAM..cpu speed test.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U runs the crytek engine and is weaker that the Wii.

10097008.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Im looking forward to this, I even saved the link on the browser.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
off topic: http://n4g.com/news/...u/com#c-5477141
http://www.gamersboo...supports-wii-u/
http://www.lensoftru...supports-wii-u/
http://thewiiu.com/t...e4/page__st__20
http://www.escapistm...Engine-to-Wii-U

"google it. crytek engine for wii u"

I'm fairly certain they're on about the part when you called the Wii U 'weaker than the Wii.'

Reactions: 1 person

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im seeing neimods page about this and I think he might of hacked the 3DS quite awhile ago. He might be just in the proses of "coding" the homebrew chanel. I mean Look at old pictures of his work saying "huge succes" and "Satisfacion". MOnths ago. I think he might be really close.

Following the topic

Any news?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Any news?
Alas we don't know. Just wait and see. If you've been looking at neim0d's posts, you should notice that he'll post them when it's time. Also I'd guess that only a few friends know what he's really up to, or possibly not even them. Just like everyone else. They'll deliver the news if there is anything to deliver. Just wait and see. Also in the mean time go buy the games, enjoy them and enjoy life. Much better than waiting endlessly for a hack and only then buying the console ("NOW I CAN PIRATE THEM GAMES!" :glare: )

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im seeing neimods page about this and I think he might of hacked the 3DS quite awhile ago. He might be just in the proses of "coding" the homebrew chanel. I mean Look at old pictures of his work saying "huge succes" and "Satisfacion". MOnths ago. I think he might be really close.

Following the topic

Any news?
It will likely be months before news comes. Unless you have something interesting to add to the conversation, I'd say this thread is exhausted.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does anyone think the flashcard teams are using his work to make a card? the hardware stuff seems well documented enough that they could be almost as far along as him
but what is that board with all the resistors and leds for?the one in the metal tin box

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* Threads like this are the bane of GBATemp... They lead to pessimistic trolls, and overly optimistic children...

The fact is, go on what you have.. and stop playing the "Fake or Real" game...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* Threads like this are the bane of GBATemp... They lead to pessimistic trolls, and overly optimistic children...

lolwut we already confirmed it as real. The overly optimistic children part however...definitely a problem.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

lolwut we already confirmed it as real. The overly optimistic children part however...definitely a problem.
Yea, but my point is that every time something like THIS comes up.. There's too many posts arguing about whether it's fake or not. >_>

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Yea, but my point is that every time something like THIS comes up.. There's too many posts arguing about whether it's fake or not. >_>
Save this one. Maybe the first few posts because we had no source, but after we discovered it was neimod we knew it was real...only reason why I said anything haha.

EDIT: The debate comes in on whether this is useful or not.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Save this one. Maybe the first few posts because we had no source, but after we discovered it was neimod we knew it was real...only reason why I said anything haha.

EDIT: The debate comes in on whether this is useful or not.

Haha, you're right. I jumped too soon. My bad. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."