• Likes 1

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Man, im glad i got an AceKard 2.i right before Shoptemp closed.

On a side note, i know it says that R4iDSN and Acekard 2.i work on the 3DS, but does that mean you can ACTUALLY play DS Roms on it? Or it just allows you start up without blocking it
There was a video that showed the R4iDSN booting up and playing Mario. It's on the frontpage dude.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
dgwillia said:
Man, im glad i got an AceKard 2.i right before Shoptemp closed.

On a side note, i know it says that R4iDSN and Acekard 2.i work on the 3DS, but does that mean you can ACTUALLY play DS Roms on it? Or it just allows you start up without blocking it
There was a video that showed the R4iDSN booting up and playing Mario. It's on the frontpage dude.

Oh lol, i havent been paying much attention lately

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SoulSnatcher said:
3DS Hacking FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions[/p]
  • Q: Can the 3DS be hacked?
    A - As a matter of fact, it can be hacked.
  • Q: How would I hack the 3DS?
    A - You would need the R4iDSN. I would suggest against purchasing it, though because in the near future, most reflashable DSi compatible flashcarts will support DSmode on the 3DS.
  • Q: How does the DS-Mode hack work?
    A - The hack works the same way DSi flashcarts work. The flashcart uses the header of a legit game to bypass the flash cart block.
  • Q: Do existing DS flashcarts work on the 3DS?
    A - Two flashcarts have been confirmed to work with an update. Those flashcarts are the Acekard 2i and R4IDSN. More flashcarts are going to be working in the near future as all reflashable DSi compatible flashcarts are able to support DSmode on the 3DS. As of now, the 3DS doesn't work with the below flashcarts.1
  • Supercard DSTWO
  • Supercard DSONE
  • R4 DS
  • EZ-Flash Vi
  • Q: When will 3DS-Mode be hacked?.
    A - The 3DS has had DS-Mode hacked within a day of its Japanese release. Nobody knows when the 3DS-Mode will be hacked, though.. Judging by previous systems, though, it will probably be about a year or so before a hack for 3DS-Mode is released.
  • Q: Where will I be able to find out when the 3DS gets hacked for 3DS-Mode?
    A: You will be able to find out right here on GBAtemp. Be sure to check the User Submitted News section, the frontpage or this section (3DS Hacking) to get information related to the 3DS hacks.
Other Questions[/p]
  • Q: Is any flashcart team working on hacking the 3DS?
    A - There is one unverified claim that a staff member from online shop Gamekool said that 3DS flashcart development is underway and that "it won't take long".2
  • Q: Where can I get a 3DS game ROM?
    A - No ROM images have been dumped, yet. The tools required to dump the ROMs have not been made, yet.
  • Q: Have any flashcart teams made any claims regarding the 3DS?
    A - The Supercard team said that "even though the 3DS will feature new anti-piracy protection mechanisms, the possibilities offered by the SCDSTWO's embedded CPU will allow them to find a workaround quickly".
Wow, 3DS mode to be cracked soon? Seriously?
ohmy.gif

Now I just hope supercard comes out with something soon to make the dstwo work on the 3DS.
frown.gif

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
chris888222 said:
ohmy.gif

Now I just hope supercard comes out with something soon to make the dstwo work on the 3DS.
frown.gif

DS mode. Not 3DS mode. Read the post properly
tongue.gif

-Qtis

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Qtis said:
chris888222 said:
ohmy.gif

frown.gif

DS mode. Not 3DS mode. Read the post properly
tongue.gif

-Qtis
Er... This is referring to DS mode? I don't think so, mate.
tongue.gif

"Q: Is any flashcart team working on hacking the 3DS?
A - There is one unverified claim that a staff member from online shop Gamekool said that 3DS flashcart development is underway and that "it won't take long"."

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SmokeFox said:
UniqueGeek said:
machomuu said:
Hopefully this will reduce the amount of inevitable noob threads...
It won't work. They post without looking at existing threads.
It won't work, there is no noob blocker, everyone was a noob someday and it is a noob at some specific area.
Not everyone, just the people who didn't lurk enough.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Rydian said:
Nollog said:
I agree with antoligy.
Idiotic.
Just beeping idiotic.

It looks like their just changed header spots it checked, or simpler still just blocked the known headers from running.
Not like they could really do anything else that wouldn't impact performance.
But I still expected something better.
You can't improve security by plugging the same hole.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there a couple of Flashcarts that worked in 3DS right out of the box? If so, I can't see how people are saying that the 3DS has been cracked. Nothing was done, someone just inserted their existing flashcart into their new 3DS and it worked. Did I misunderstand something?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Rockym said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there a couple of Flashcarts that worked in 3DS right out of the box? If so, I can't see how people are saying that the 3DS has been cracked. Nothing was done, someone just inserted their existing flashcart into their new 3DS and it worked. Did I misunderstand something?
Technically speaking, you're using unlicensed products on it, so it's hacked.
But there's 3 different modes.
DS, DSi, and 3DS mode.
1 of 3 is confirmed, 2 of 3 maybe depending on if they fixed the cooking game in ievo.
DSi is region locked so it can't work on a Japanese region locked DSi or 3DS.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
can people please stop calling flashcards a "hack", because they arnt. or at least shouldnt be counted as one

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can you add a Q/A to deny the recent rumour that Nintendo can brick 3DS-es, just to stop noobs from making 10 such topics a day? Thanks a lot.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
overlord00 said:
can people please stop calling flashcards a "hack", because they arnt. or at least shouldnt be counted as one
Bypassing previously-compulsory signature verification in order to run unsigned code and patch major OS functions (as well as those of retail code) in memory. Sure sounds like hacking to me.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Naridar said:
Can you add a Q/A to deny the recent rumour that Nintendo can brick 3DS-es, just to stop noobs from making 10 such topics a day? Thanks a lot.
Updated.
smile.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
overlord00 said:
So mod-chips aren't a hack either?

They are, and that's why the term "softmod" was created.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
about that nintendo can't brick your 3DS, Nintendo is actually doing that right now on the Wii.

It's known as Error 003 which happens when you region change a korean wii to USA/JAP/EUR and then update to 4.2.

So don't feel to secure about that ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH