Gaming 3DS Game Icons

Should there be an effort to dump more icons?

• Yes

Votes: 75 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question - are 3ds caching icons from folders?
Yes they are. All icons which are accessible from the home menu, regardless if they are in a folder, are cached.
I.e. I have created several folders, how can I determine the X value of cached icons with the blank SD card?
Count the number icons(DSiWare included) on the Home Menu, including those in folders. And you'll have your X value.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is xorpads for gamecard and eshop titles differ?
I can't get icons for the eShop titles.
What I did:
- copied /extdata/00000000/ from the clean boot
- copied /dbs/* from original SD card
- copied the first 12 folders from /title/00400000/ excluding 00032600 since I have xorpads for 12 slots and do not need a pokedex icon.

When I insert this SD card, 3DS only blinks several slots with a title icon border, without icons itself, nothing more. Icons seems not cached at all, decryption gives a garbage output files.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is xorpads for gamecard and eshop titles differ?
I can't get icons for the eShop titles.
What I did:
- copied /extdata/00000000/ from the clean boot
- copied /dbs/* from original SD card
- copied the first 12 folders from /title/00400000/ excluding 00032600 since I have xorpads for 12 slots and do not need a pokedex icon.

When I insert this SD card, 3DS only blinks several slots with a title icon border, without icons itself, nothing more. Icons seems not cached at all, decryption gives a garbage output files.
That's unusual, no they don't have different XORpads. By the sounds of it, your 3ds didn't recognise the eShop titles. Can you upload file 00000004 from "clean boot" backup and from your failed attempt to cache eShop icons, I can use those to see if eShop icons were cached at all.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 00000003 was changed!
Well then the icons weren't cached at all.

Have you ensured that the app folders copied from:
Code:
originalSD:/Nintendo 3DS/ID0/ID1/title/00040000/

And are pasted at
Code:
newSD:/Nintendo 3DS/ID0/ID1/title/00040000/

It's normal to expect icon blinking(as not all the apps where copied), but the number of apps copied should appear on the home menu, provided the path is the same as on the original SD card.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes I'm sure, averything was exactly how it described at my message before. The same clean SD data was used previously to get gamecard icons

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try copying your original SD card(all of it) to your new SD card. Replace homemenu extdata on your new with the "blank" one. Do the eShop icons show in that scenario?

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why your 3DS is acting in that way. Of course adding icons one by one will work. But I still don't understand why you can't copy whole sets of eShop apps.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok, I got it! eShop icons appears far to the right and needs to be "opened" from the box, like just downloaded eshop title. Gone rippin' icons from over 80 titles...

Reactions: 3DSGuy

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP!, for those interested X and Y icon data has been dumped and it's region free, so anyone should be able to use it to dump their icons, if they have a copy of with Pokemon X/Y.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs