Hardware 3DS game card shell replacement

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I scored a pretty good deal a couple of days ago, got a copy of Smash4 for 3ds extremely cheap (something like 7$) but the cartridge shell is a bit busted up, I can close it just fine and the game works (and it stays closed unless you pry it open with fingernails). Anyways long story short anyone know where I can get replacement shells for game cards because it's a real pain seeing the game like this. I've looked all over the internet but I can't seem to find anything, the only thing I found is a guy on youtube from some site that isn't up anymore, but I can't order from him cuz he can only be contacted via phone (he's in the us, I'm in europe).
Also, anything from amazon will not work cuz they don't ship here (afaik).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'd just buy some cheap shitty 3DS game as cheap as you can, and swap the shells. Not sure if you can order replacement stickers somewhere, but it should be possible.

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Personally, I'd just buy some cheap shitty 3DS game as cheap as you can, and swap the shells. Not sure if you can order replacement stickers somewhere, but it should be possible.

Actually I thought about this, I found a ds game a couple of months back, I thought of switching it with that, but I'm too afraid of opening the DS game and breaking the case in the process as I got no clue how to open one.

Maybe someone with a 3d printer can help? (someone made a placeholder/dust protection thingie so it maybe be possable)
This could work, but the person nearest to me that I know can use a 3D printer is around 100km away from me, so it doesn't seem I'll be fixing it anytime soon :/

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
AFAIK Amazon ships to Croatia since it entered the EU. You can always request a 3d printed model, I'm sure someone would be glad to do it if you're willing to pay the expense.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I thought about this, I found a ds game a couple of months back, I thought of switching it with that, but I'm too afraid of opening the DS game and breaking the case in the process as I got no clue how to open one.

When in doubt, I just find YouTube tutorials on how to disassemble something. :3

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I scored a pretty good deal a couple of days ago, got a copy of Smash4 for 3ds extremely cheap (something like 7$) but the cartridge shell is a bit busted up, I can close it just fine and the game works (and it stays closed unless you pry it open with fingernails). Anyways long story short anyone know where I can get replacement shells for game cards because it's a real pain seeing the game like this. I've looked all over the internet but I can't seem to find anything, the only thing I found is a guy on youtube from some site that isn't up anymore, but I can't order from him cuz he can only be contacted via phone (he's in the us, I'm in europe).

You can buy replacement DS game shells for very cheap, and they will fit 3DS chips.

Reactions: cearp

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
AFAIK Amazon ships to Croatia since it entered the EU. You can always request a 3d printed model, I'm sure someone would be glad to do it if you're willing to pay the expense.

Thanks for the tip on Amazon, did not know that :D

You can buy replacement DS game shells for very cheap, and they will fit 3DS chips.

Care to give a link, cuz I'm obviously incapable of finding one xD

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to give a link, cuz I'm obviously incapable of finding one xD

Top comment:
(EDITOR) So sorry everyone...We could not log into this site for the longest time...and we were not getting mail or calls....The cases are still available in all colors...Please send any questions you have to [email protected] or call (330) 899-3800 and we will take your order over the phone...again so sorry we were not able to answer your questions and thanks for watching.

tl;dr call(330) 899-3800 and buy from him. $2 per case and free shipping.

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
-snip-

Top comment:

tl;dr call(330) 899-3800 and buy from him. $2 per case and free shipping.

Quoting my own post:

I didn't say it in my OP but I mailed him on Thursday, no reply so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?