Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So simply, I had ripped the saves from my real copies of Rhythm Thief and Project X zone a while ago. After that I also ripped my own games to use on the Gateway.

But the ripped games won't recognize my saves. Further, I can't understand the numbering/naming that the Gateway does for the different games.

So, what do I do?
roms have to be renamed to .3dz (they also need to be exact copies of your specific cart)
the saves need to be 512kb, if they are 128kb....they wont work
and the filenames for saves is the games titleID, look on http://3ds.essh.co

oh and if the game uses 6.x save encryption and you played it on a updated console and not emunand.....it wont work

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I back up one of my games with Gateway am I better off injecting a header from a different game for online? Otherwise, if I have both the backup and the original online at the same time it could cause problems right?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roms have to be renamed to .3dz (they also need to be exact copies of your specific cart)
the saves need to be 512kb, if they are 128kb....they wont work
and the filenames for saves is the games titleID, look on http://3ds.essh.co

oh and if the game uses 6.x save encryption and you played it on a updated console and not emunand.....it wont work
that's just it. every time I use the gateway to rip the save, it is only 128KB, ever.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that's just it. every time I use the gateway to rip the save, it is only 128KB, ever.
yeah its only certain games that use a 512kb save.....if the game doesn't you cant use that save.....i.e mario karts save size is 512kb....so its good to go, zelda oot is 128kb, so you cant.....it just depends from game to game

calvin-scones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i just got a new 3ds xl and a gateway card, and i followed some guides to set everything up, but when i go into gateway mode and press select, nothing comes up

What do i do? did i miss something?

Edit:
Im dumb, i had my gateway card on 2.4b and i shouldve had 2.5

GatorBait1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried asking this question in "3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here", thinking that was the perfect place for a noob question, but I haven't got an reply back. Posting it here to see if I can get a reply.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I bought a flashcart from someone local about 3 years ago, it has worked flawlessly up until the other day, I never took updates from Nintendo during that time, I decided to update my 3DS to the latest (Ver. 9.2.0-20U) update to see if that would fix anything, it did not. I assume I need to update the firmware on my flashcart, this is where I'm lost. Below are a few pics of the card I have, it's plain white with no markings on it except for SDHC near the terminals. I'll assume this might be an R4 SDHC??

When I put it in my 3DS and turn it on I see "SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepantis THQ" like normal but when I click on it I get "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off....."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i doubt that its 9.x compatible...with no sticker or anything all i could find online was this for the R4 card
SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepantis THQ - Updated for DSi 1.42, compatible with 3DS V1.0.0-0 / V1.0.0-1, DSi 1.4.2 and lower versions.

none of the cards for 1.0 where ever updated up to 9.x compatibility afaik..........if it just stopped working i would say its probably broken anyway(3 years is a fairly good amount of use from it imo), just get a new NDS card, they are pretty cheap anyway, just make sure you get a 9.2 compatible card

Reactions: Deleted-355425

scorpiotaisho

Harmoknight
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have a question. I have a 9.2 3DSXL and I want to buy a Gateway card.
When the new firmware comes out, will I have to update the Gateway (like the old DS flashcards) on a 4.X 3DS? Or just changing the files will be enough?.
Thanks!

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question. I have a 9.2 3DSXL and I want to buy a Gateway card.
When the new firmware comes out, will I have to update the Gateway (like the old DS flashcards) on a 4.X 3DS? Or just changing the files will be enough?.
Thanks!

You wont have to update via any 4.x console, If the gateway cards needs to be updated you'll find all the instructions/download links on their site.

DuffyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not Sure if this is the right place to ask but I have a "new" 3ds xl from Australia
Can I buy the gateway flashcart and play ds and gba games on it assuming I am using an out of box new 3ds and will it compromise my use of the online services for 3ds games I buy legally ? or does it only work with the older 3ds and 3ds games?

D

Deleted User

Hey, Can anybody help me? I'm waiting for gateway to release 9.2 support. I have a 9.2U 3ds with 3 games (Pokemon Y, Fantasy Life and Tales of the abyss).

My question is about Fantasy Life, I know this game saves to the SD card, what if I get a gateway? Will I be able to play the fantasy life save I have? :c

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried asking this question in "3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here", thinking that was the perfect place for a noob question, but I haven't got an reply back. Posting it here to see if I can get a reply.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I bought a flashcart from someone local about 3 years ago, it has worked flawlessly up until the other day, I never took updates from Nintendo during that time, I decided to update my 3DS to the latest (Ver. 9.2.0-20U) update to see if that would fix anything, it did not. I assume I need to update the firmware on my flashcart, this is where I'm lost. Below are a few pics of the card I have, it's plain white with no markings on it except for SDHC near the terminals. I'll assume this might be an R4 SDHC??

When I put it in my 3DS and turn it on I see "SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepantis THQ" like normal but when I click on it I get "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off....."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

look for firmeware update for the flashcard ... but I have no idea wich one is that :v

wizardryuk

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess this is where to post this. I just purchased a blue button Sky3ds. I am trying to put my roms onto the sd card but am having a problem and cannot seem to find an answer. I downloaded the latest diskwriter (1.06) and template (0201) from sky3ds site (even though it doesn't seem to be the latest as I have seen a diskwriter 1.07 (which is dated before the 1.06???) and also template file with a higher number but again the release dates conflict). I put smash bros on no problem but when I try to put on Animal Crossing it says "the file "3ds0270 - animal crossing new leaf multi5.3ds have no resource data yet, please update the template.txt". How is this possible when GBAtemp have confirmed compatibility and I am using the latest files? When trying to find the answer I was just getting even more confused.

[edit]
Never mind - for some reason I had to select the template file again.

C S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

Do I need a Gateway card per 3DS?

I have a 4.4 Blue 3DSXL currently using the 3.0.4 Ultra Gateway card.

I just picked up a Black N3DSXL and it is on firmware 9.0. Can I use the Gateway card with this? Or do I need to get another one?

I assume I have to run setup again for the N3DSXL for emunand and backing up sysnand?

Thanks!

D

Deleted User

I have a question.

Do I need a Gateway card per 3DS?

I have a 4.4 Blue 3DSXL currently using the 3.0.4 Ultra Gateway card.

I just picked up a Black N3DSXL and it is on firmware 9.0. Can I use the Gateway card with this? Or do I need to get another one?

I assume I have to run setup again for the N3DSXL for emunand and backing up sysnand?

Thanks!

You only need 1 if you bounce between consoles, though it has to remain inside the console if you're playing ROMs. However, there's no public support for the N3DS from GW yet so there's nothing to do on it as of now.

Reactions: C S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1