iandykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have an issue with my Gateway.
I recently bought this microSD card
http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-plus-class10-for-android/?capacity=16GB

and I'm having issues with it.
I formatted it like this
http://puu.sh/a8mle/a31549affb.png

I put all the contents of the Blue Card r4i folder to the root of the microSD Card. Insert to the blue card.
I put the Launcher.dat in the SD Card (So I only had my Launcher.dat and 3DS folder in it)

My 3DS XL is new, unused 4.4.0-10U
I have never set up internet settings
When I launch the Blue Card (which is shown as Deep Labyrinth Atlus USA, Inc.) I get "An error has occurred" screen.

Help? :L

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Okay, I have an issue with my Gateway.
I recently bought this microSD card
http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-plus-class10-for-android/?capacity=16GB

and I'm having issues with it.
I formatted it like this
http://puu.sh/a8mle/a31549affb.png

I put all the contents of the Blue Card r4i folder to the root of the microSD Card. Insert to the blue card.
I put the Launcher.dat in the SD Card (So I only had my Launcher.dat and 3DS folder in it)

My 3DS XL is new, unused 4.4.0-10U
I have never set up internet settings
When I launch the Blue Card (which is shown as Deep Labyrinth Atlus USA, Inc.) I get "An error has occurred" screen.

Help? :L
Try a different micro SD,try formatting the system, there has also been a few people with faulty blue cards, if you have access to another 3ds compatible NDS card you can install the exploit with that by copying the gatewayinstaller.nds file onto it you could also try putting a piece of paper in with the blue card to see if the contacts are a bit loose

iandykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different micro SD,try formatting the system, there has also been a few people with faulty blue cards, if you have access to another 3ds compatible NDS card you can install the exploit with that by copying the gatewayinstaller.nds file onto it you could also try putting a piece of paper in with the blue card to see if the contacts are a bit loose

I have tried a different MicroSD card. Infact, I tried an Sandisk 8 GB Ultra (NOT PLUS), the one everyone is recommending in the MicroSD for gateway thread. I don't have another 3DS.
I tried using the paper thing for both the microsd and blue card. No luck.
-sigh- I'm assuming it's just a faulty blue card then?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If you bought from China and don't want to go through the pains of the 2month returns if you can find a Us based reseller you could just buy any Nds card which is 4.x compatible, you should be able to pick one up for like $7

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently received my 3DS. It came with an MT-Card. I know Gateway has something coming "soon" for 8.0. Will it be possible to backup my MT 7.1 NAND, install Gateway 8.0 compatible exploit and launcher.dat, download updates, extract info with NAND tools, restore to the MT 7.1 and use the updates? Or do I just need to not be cheap and get a Gateway? I don't mind the extra steps to save money, but if needed, I can get the Gateway.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I recently received my 3DS. It came with an MT-Card. I know Gateway has something coming "soon" for 8.0. Will it be possible to backup my MT 7.1 NAND, install Gateway 8.0 compatible exploit and launcher.dat, download updates, extract info with NAND tools, restore to the MT 7.1 and use the updates? Or do I just need to not be cheap and get a Gateway? I don't mind the extra steps to save money, but if needed, I can get the Gateway.
No to download the updates you would need to update your emunand to 8.0, if you then switch back to MT 8.0 doesn't work, if you downgrade to 7.1 again you loose the tickets in the NAND to use the updates.............but let's be honest MT have done well cloning the gateway software so far, although they have failed to add the cart dumper and homebrew support, so gateway might be adding more "protection" into the firmware guarding newer features.....who knows maybe they just can't figure it out yet.......or maybe they thought not adding them would make it look like they aren't just copying

(This is all assuming gateway actually do have this stuff sorted)

Ivan_x3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not doing this to be a dick, but this thread is for flashcarts that play 3DS roms. The DS hacking section is a better place to answer this question, and you're probably going to find more people that know about it there. But, after a quick google search, I find a post from this website: http://gbatemp.net/threads/m3-real-m3i-zero-cards-are-no-longer-supported.322299/ TL;DR: It looks like it hasn't worked for a while.

Yeah but logically i'm trying to run a flash cart on a 3DS not a DS

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks,

Is there already a way to hack 3DS ver. 4.3.0 without having to buy a game to update it??????
Keep Cool
Like the dude above me said, Gateway works with versions 4.1.x-4.5.x. You can update if you want (I did, but because I wanted to play a 4.5 game before my Gateway arrived), but it's not necessary.

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering if I can prevent updates to my 3DS by adding certain IPs and urls to a blacklist in my router. Has anyone tried sniffing what addresses the 3DS connects to for updates? I'm thinking of running an access point on my PC and wireshark to see what addresses it uses when 'phoning home'.

Kanarico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm wondering if I can prevent updates to my 3DS by adding certain IPs and urls to a blacklist in my router. Has anyone tried sniffing what addresses the 3DS connects to for updates? I'm thinking of running an access point on my PC and wireshark to see what addresses it uses when 'phoning home'.
You can just toggle off the Wifi when you're not using it. Also, delete any wifi profiles on sysNAND so it can't connect to wifi even if the device has it toggled on. Blacklisting IPs just seems like overkill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: