gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm going to be taking a long trip in September so I am looking at the different extended battery life options for the 3DS. The three I'm looking at are:

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Nintendo-Exten...h/dp/B00513ZZI8

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Chargin...538&sr=1-15

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Pak-Nintendo-3...6969&sr=1-1

I see a lot of good feedback on the Power Pak+, however i like the idea of the ACase as it just adds a little bit of depth to the 3DS, but there are no reviews.

The CTA one is great because it's easy on and off.

Anyone have any feedback on these?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The CTA is an external battery charger not an extended battery.

The ACase is just 2 batteries stacked with a plastic shell, the remaining area of the shell is empty space. Makes the weight lopsided.
414VkksYF9L.jpg

The nyko is 2 sperate batteries in parrallel with the weight slightly spread out. It is also cheaper than the ACase for basically the same thing.

tianeloso1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi , thanks for the suggestions guys. can someone with a Nyko Battery Pack please test how long it takes to CHARGE the 3DS when the battery is drained completely? Its the only thing thats holding me back right now
biggrin.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just give him the info he asked for.

Charge time depends on how you charge it. If you charge using the AC adapter, its 3 or so hours. If you use the charging dock, it varies. I have had it charging overnight (~8 hours) and it was done. I've had it charging for 10 hours before it was done. The charge dock is only good if the battery has some charge left. If it completely dead, you are better off charging with the official adapter.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I own a Nyko PowerPlus.

Normally, I'm not really fond of acsessories and hardly buy any, but this one, IMO, is just GREAT! Doubles the playtime, easy to install, doesn't make the 3DS feel bulky.

As for the charging time, with the standard Nintendo charger it's about 4 hours for me.

tianeloso1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer guys also i checked around reviews and couldn't find anything on how long it took to charge it and i wasn't asking for how much it lasted -_- So thanks for everything
biggrin.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamecaptor said:
Bought the Power Pak+ today. Seems solid enough. Good call gents.

Now, what case or sleve do you guys like that the 3DS fits in with the Power Pak+?
Super Mario Denim Universal Case
(I'd post image but I don't think Amazon would like me leeching bandwidth)

Got mine from Toys R' Us for $14.99. Only issue I have with it is sometimes the 3D slider sliding up when I take the 3DS out of the case.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would also suggest getting a duracell rechargable battery USB charger, and a usb charge cable for the 3ds, bumpd up the playtime even more with another 1150 mAh

gamecaptor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
gamecaptor said:
Bought the Power Pak+ today. Seems solid enough. Good call gents.

Now, what case or sleve do you guys like that the 3DS fits in with the Power Pak+?
Super Mario Denim Universal Case
(I'd post image but I don't think Amazon would like me leeching bandwidth)

Got mine from Toys R' Us for $14.99. Only issue I have with it is sometimes the 3D slider sliding up when I take the 3DS out of the case.

Um, not sure I'm digging the look of that one. This one looks ok: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Official-Mi...710&sr=1-13

I'll have to drag my 3DS with me to the store and see which one it fits in and which one I can live with the looks.

gamecaptor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warlord698 said:
i would also suggest getting a duracell rechargable battery USB charger, and a usb charge cable for the 3ds, bumpd up the playtime even more with another 1150 mAh

That's a good idea Warlord698! I'll pick one up (going to be flying for over 14 hours, so the more the better!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455