Not open for further replies.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude....

1. Your topic's title is misleading (3ds emulators?)
2. You researched enough to buy an r4i 3ds but not if it can run gba games...?
only Supercard DSTWO & CycloDS iEvolution can run GBA becuase of big rom files that needs to be loaded into the ram...
Supercard DSTWO solves it by using its own ram (on the flashcart)
CycloDS iEvolution solves it by using DSi mode which is not widely used for homebrew (but gives more speed and more ram)

no the CycloDS iEvolution can not play GBA it does not have a extra stand alone CPU and RAM the one that does is the iplayer

yes the CycloDS iEvolution can play GBA it has more CPU and RAM than most DS carts because it runs in DSi mode so it gets additional privileges including more CPU and RAM than in DS mode but the "emulator is just a proof of concept" for now but it does work

troybot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supercard had a 486 processor
not-sure-if-trolling-or-stupid.jpg
Rofl xD

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i meant it has a an equivalent of a 486, ,cause i remembered someoen saying that, but after checking the dstwo has a faster speed than a 486, it runs at 360mhz, the 1st gen 486 were about 50mhz, and the last gen were 120 to 150 mhz, so yea its more than twice the speed of a 486
besides my comment was in reply to eli saying it had extra ram and that was what made it able to run the snes and gba emulators, actuall hes rght it does have extra ram, but it also has a cpu which is really what makes it able to run the mame, snes and gba emulators

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i meant it has a an equivalent of a 486, ,cause i remembered someoen saying that, but after checking the dstwo has a faster speed than a 486, it runs at 360mhz, the 1st gen 486 were about 50mhz, and the last gen were 120 to 150 mhz, so yea its more than twice the speed of a 486
besides my comment was in reply to eli saying it had extra ram and that was what made it able to run the snes and gba emulators, actuall hes rght it does have extra ram, but it also has a cpu which is really what makes it able to run the mame, snes and gba emulators
...Mhz is a measure of frequency, it tell you how many cycles a CPU finishes within a second. To know its actual power, you need to know how many Instructions it is able to execute. (MIPS).

If life was that simple, I wouldn't have to upgrade from my old 3,2Ghz P4 (*sigh* my old PC... Motherboard dead, it just lays on the shelf nowadays...) for a loooong time.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Right, so my best bet is to ignore the GBA idea, and stick to what the console can actually handle? haha
I apologize for the misleading title by the way, should have worded it better.
and as for the whole research thing, I only originally wanted to play DS roms on the 3DS It's only recently occurred to be about emulation, I've just discovered it and was wondering if there was a GBA one available lol
If you're honestly interested in emulation, do it through your computer. Or your smartphone for that matter.
+1. I use my Supercard for all handheld emulation (GB, GBC, GBA, DS) and my Android with the iControlpad for NES, SNES, and Genesis emulation.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, so my best bet is to ignore the GBA idea, and stick to what the console can actually handle? haha
I apologize for the misleading title by the way, should have worded it better.
and as for the whole research thing, I only originally wanted to play DS roms on the 3DS It's only recently occurred to be about emulation, I've just discovered it and was wondering if there was a GBA one available lol
If you're honestly interested in emulation, do it through your computer. Or your smartphone for that matter.
+1. I use my Supercard for all handheld emulation (GB, GBC, GBA, DS) and my Android with the iControlpad for NES, SNES, and Genesis emulation.
I use my HTC Inspire with a Wii Classic Controller to play PSX games.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I use my Wii, PC, DS, PSP, and iPod to emulate games. Yay!
That is what this thread is for, right? I guess I also use my gamecube, if the game boy player counts.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo DS\i is not a system designed for emulation in first place, if you bought the DS\i you should've known that you target NDS and GBA and maybe some old\retro consoles such as NES, GBC, GameGear and so on, the PSP is more designed for emulation with much more processing power, but the processing power is not the only limit with emulation, the DS has a small amount of RAM while the PSP has 64MB of PSRAM (model 2000, the first model has half of the amount of chips of those memory, meaning smaller amount by half), it's much more easier to write an emulator with such vast amount of RAM and CPU power especially since PSP's VPU and SPU is so similar to the PS2's and the PS2 is already an opened bitch
...you are aware none of these systems were designed for emulaton...

Reactions: 1 person

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS emulator on my 3DS. It allows me to play 3DS games when I put a 3DS game card in. It's a pretty incredible breakthrough.
Oh yeah, I have the same one, I believe it was a small team developing it hmm can't seem to remember the name... I think they went by the name Nintendo or something ( what a weird name)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS emulator on my 3DS. It allows me to play 3DS games when I put a 3DS game card in. It's a pretty incredible breakthrough.
Oh yeah, I have the same one, I believe it was a small team developing it hmm can't seem to remember the name... I think they went by the name Nintendo or something ( what a weird name)
Wow, same here! Pretty impressive for a small team of hackers, huh? :-p

FicticiousAnimat

Jesus Rocks!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
similar to the chance of PSP running the PS2 emulator, pcsx2, both of those systems are near the same specs but their arch is entirely different, so if a perfect emulator could be written it'd might be able to emulate (not at playable speeds) the system, but what's the point?
Dude, a system has to be about 3 times as strong as the system it's emulating. PSP can definitely not emulate PS2, not even small homebrew. It can't even boot into the PS2 start-up screen. It's not happening, ever. That's like asking the DSi to emulate the 64. It can run 64 games as a native filetype because the specs are similar, but emulating the 64 would require the power of 3 DSi's, and is thus impossible.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you are still into 3DS emulators, you shouldn't relay on DS mode, like elisherer pointed out only 5 cards are capable of emulating GBA games and SNES games propely (there is an SNES emulator for DS, but it's not emulating propely), which is iPlayer, Supercard DSTwo, which uses the same software, EX4 DSi, CycloDS iEvolution (which uses DSimode enabled mode to emulate the GBA games on the DSi RAM, which is faster then any memory-on-cart RAM on slot-1 you will ever find, however it's 16MB of RAM, there are 32MB of GBA games which won't fit it, meaning support is limited by HARDWARE) and iSmart MM, also if you have a DS Lite\Phat you can use an extended RAM to support emulation of SNES games and GBA games with EZ Flash 3-in-1, it has 16MB of PSRAM(fast, needs electrcity, small amount) and 32MB of NOR FLASH (bigger, doesn't require electrcity, slow) and 512KB of SRAM (save ram, an eRAM designed for saves) which can store the ROMs of GBA games as well to make emulation nearly perfect by using Nintendo's own built in virtual console, also with rumble support :P
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-emulator-for-ds-i-dsi-entry.281715/ says hello

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, a system has to be about 3 times as strong as the system it's emulating. PSP can definitely not emulate PS2, not even small homebrew. It can't even boot into the PS2 start-up screen. It's not happening, ever. That's like asking the DSi to emulate the 64. It can run 64 games as a native filetype because the specs are similar, but emulating the 64 would require the power of 3 DSi's, and is thus impossible.

Any reason for necromancing this thread? The last post was 11 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi