3DS emulator Citra now has "networking" support

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 4, 2017.

1. MENTALDOMINANCE

MENTALDOMINANCE Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2009
    United States
    Voicing an opinion that I feel they should work on more important things, that there's too many people working on the project
    and that no real substantial progress seems to be being made is not "whining".
    It is also not claiming that I am owed anything by the developers.

I repeat - I am so sick of this kind of canned response. I'm also sick of people who claim to speak for others
    ("nobody wants your shitty opinion") and the general condescending attitude. Do you really feel so insecure making a point
    that you have to involve imaginary supporters? It could also be argued that "my shitty opinion" is mostly fact anyhow and
    I'm sure many others hold it. I love the scene as much as anyone and I do not intend to offend anyone but I really hate it
    when any form of criticism is exaggerated as you are doing with me in an attempt to make me look like I'm just the biggest
    dick in the world when really all I'm saying is things could be better. Why is expecting better wrong?

Constructive criticism is pointing out valid and logical truths. Game compatibility has not really changed in months and there
    is a point when a project gets too big - as someone else pointed out, it's a chore to simply keep track of all the users
    submitting updates and keep the builds straight. No one would say that's a good thing. I don't want a war so I hope all
    points have been made and we can move on and have positive discussions that sometimes include criticism without
    the critic being crucified or told that he/she can not voice their opinion unless they join a development team and code.

Last edited by MENTALDOMINANCE, Nov 7, 2017
  2. jselby

jselby Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Australia
    What other answer are you looking for here? Condescending, maybe, but that is how it is - the community themselves has driven this disconnect.

It most certainly has. People are working towards both GPU improvements, I know people are working on IPC (multiprocess - swkeyboard I think), a million other things are going on as well. Reverse engineering is incredibly time-intensive, and most devs just want to work on the obvious stuff, which is perfectly fine.

You are free to voice your opinion, but when it is the exact same argument that is being made on every single Reddit, GBATemp, Youtube post that we make, people get really, really sick of it. That is how it is.

gnmmarechal likes this.
  3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    these arguments are often the most pointless "obvious" suggestions to make, do you really think devs involved just go "ooooh you know what!, we could fix all these bugs really easily, but what I think people really want is network support, sometimes you have to just have faith that the people who can code an emulator aren't absolute idiots who cannot realise that fixing game compatibity and bugs would be a good thing to do if/when they can

don't get me wrong I can understand peoples frustration if they just want magic to happen so they themselves can just use an emulator, but I would like thing hope that people capable of making emulators understand simple logic and don't need constant prompts to keep breathing

Last edited by gamesquest1, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Yes, but the actual method of doing so - save state reloading wouldn't show on the other side as well, and neither would slowing down the game. Unless they specifically program the TASing tools to show up and synchronize on both sides during multiplayer, which would benefit... no one?

5. Derek1199

Derek1199 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2017
    United States
    California
    This is gonna be interesting probably. Never used citra though. No need to.

NutymcNuty likes this.