3DS emulator Citra now has "networking" support

The ever-evolving 3DS emulator juggernaut, Citra, has just revealed a new feature; networking support. Thanks to the hard work of the emulator developers, you'll now be able to emulate select 3DS titles, and have wireless support. In the latest Canary Citra builds, local wireless support will work with people across the world.

Unlike single console netplay used in most emulators, users won’t have to worry about desyncs, synchronizing saves, or any other issues typical of netplay. Each user is using their instance of Citra as a unique emulated 3DS that is communicating with everyone else through that particular server.

Some of the following games that function are: Super Smash Bros., the 3DS Pokemon games, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. Luigi' Mansion: Dark Moon and Monster Hunter 3U/4U also work, but have multiple issues. The Citra team claims that future updates will work on optimizing the netcode, and getting more games to work.

Currently, servers created in Citra can hold up to 16 players. High player counts should be avoided for now due to bandwidth issues. In this initial release, each connected Citra instance sends raw packets to the host (or server) and the server then forwards those packets to every single client. As such, with each player added, the bandwidth requirements increase greatly.

:arrow: Source

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
This is an offbeat question, but who narrated that video?
Surprisingly good voice work if that's just one of the Citra team members.

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told my friends but seems none of them care. Am i the only one who's really hyped over this D: Now i can do the battle tree/maison online with my friends! thats big news for me IMO.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice but I think they should focus on an increase the games compatibility and improving graphics as well as increase the speed too. Just saying.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice but I think they should focus on an increase the games compatibility and improving graphics as well as increase the speed too. Just saying.

That where vertex-thread is needed, But wwylele not got around to fixing his branch up, hopefully to get it compiled in both msvc and mingw
this branch speed was grate, https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/compare/master...Phanto-m:threads_vtx but not compile also in mingw

wwylele working on branch but slow as he quote at moment.
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/compare/master...wwylele:vertex-thread-3

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: drwhojan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1