Hacking 3DS Emulation potential for 2D->3D

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
No No No No
Because the DS Games would have to be Remade with each object on a different layer
Why won't you people just listen.... -_-

Actually I read what you say but im not sure what to say. I dont think DS games in 3d for the 3ds will ever be possible. However, if an emulator for PC could render DS games using Direct3D then it may be possible for some games to be rendered in 3d. Maybe..
I do not know that much about the DS harware and "polygon 3d" hahaha

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES 3D - Layers
NES 3D - Re-Optimizing the Games code to do that?
DS 3D - Same as Above just more Difficult
So on and so forth

Your just contradicting yourself

YOU CAN'T CONVERT A GAME TO DO SOMETHING ELSE VIA FIRMWARE ITS JUST NOT POSSIBLE

Its Like saying we Can Make Mario and Luigi Partner's in Time an MMO on the VBA Because we are using a Different Operating System

It Just doesn't work like that

You would need to Work the game from the ground up to support the 3D Properly
Plus DS Games would Look like Complete Shit In 3D... Why? Because 99% of DS Games use 2D Sprites
or they use 2D Sprites placed amongst a 3D Modeled world

Flip-flopping like the finest politician...

I was talking about a firmware update that may toggle some sort of stereoscopic display, which while not feasible, may be possible. Highly unlikely, though. It would be more likely to do a re-release of any DS software Nintendo wanted to take this option with.

Also, I want to start correcting your posts like an English teacher would, red ink and all.

As for whether or not 3D Classics are run via emulator or recompiled, a quick Google search turned up this article from way back in 2011 (My gods, the stone age!)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/07/13/only-six-3d-classics-coming-to-3ds

Looks like adding 3D effects changes hit detection, amongst other things. Makes you wonder why they even bothered with Urban Champion, but it was probably someone's favorite game, or just a tech demo to see if they could.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ARM 11 does not have any "harware virtualization" feature if im not mistaken.
Hardware virtualization shouldn't be necessary. Wine has been around for many years before the majority of consumer processors supported hardware virtualization, the concept is a similar one.

No No No No
Because the DS Games would have to be Remade with each object on a different layer
Why won't you people just listen.... -_-
Because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: gamefan5

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Flip-flopping like the finest politician...

I was talking about a firmware update that may toggle some sort of stereoscopic display, which while not feasible, may be possible. Highly unlikely, though. It would be more likely to do a re-release of any DS software Nintendo wanted to take this option with.

Also, I want to start correcting your posts like an English teacher would, red ink and all.

As for whether or not 3D Classics are run via emulator or recompiled, a quick Google search turned up this article from way back in 2011 (My gods, the stone age!)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/07/13/only-six-3d-classics-coming-to-3ds

Looks like adding 3D effects changes hit detection, amongst other things. Makes you wonder why they even bothered with Urban Champion, but it was probably someone's favorite game, or just a tech demo to see if they could.

Sounds like they do it through emulation. but hit detectionsould not be a problem for sidescrollers like mario if you place the sprites at the same depth as the layer you interact with (The stuff you stand on)

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like they do it through emulation. but hit detectionsould not be a problem for sidescrollers like mario if you place the sprites at the same depth as the layer you interact with (The stuff you stand on)
I may have read it differently. I read it as if it was recompiled with added elements, which made the original game parameters go pear shaped.

Emulation should have been easier. However, we are talking Nintendo here. The same people who can't get the concept of tying purchases to an account rather than individual systems...

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hardware virtualization shouldn't be necessary. Wine has been around for many years before the majority of consumer processors supported hardware virtualization, the concept is a similar one.

Isn't Wine working just because Linux and Windows both have support for the same Hardware?
The DS user ARM 7 and 3DS uses ARM 11. Even if I am sure there are similarities aswell.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

-_- I do Know what I'm talking about so why don't you just shut the fuck up

It would require remaking the DS Game with 3D Layering to be able to enable 3D and also the game would have to be stretched to cover the entire 3DS Screen otherwise it would get fucked up

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I may have read it differently. I read it as if it was recompiled with added elements, which made the original game parameters go pear shaped.

Emulation should have been easier. However, we are talking Nintendo here. The same people who can't get the concept of tying purchases to an account rather than individual systems...

No I just thougt that those problems seems to happen if you mess to much with the layers and if they had the source code it would probably be easier to expand the layers without stretching or stuff like that.
It just sound easier to somehow rewrite the sourcecode a litle I dunno hahaha

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
-_- I do Know what I'm talking about so why don't you just shut the fuck up

It would require remaking the DS Game with 3D Layering to be able to enable 3D and also the game would have to be stretched to cover the entire 3DS Screen otherwise it would get fucked up
No, you don't. But there's no need to get testy, just brush up. B-)

I downloaded the Street Fighter 2 SNES video that was on Youtube in 3D and converted it into a 3DS compatible video format, looks amazing!!If anyone wants to download it Ive uploaded it here (its 281mb)

http://depositfiles.com/files/r8dzg6kva
Damn... still waiting on my 3DS coming back from Nintendo repair―I would love to see that video.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, you don't. But there's no need to get testy, just brush up. B-)
-_- The games are rendered in 3D on the DS But the 3DS Doesn't know what the fuck the difference between a Player Object and a Background Object its sees them as a 2D Image thats constantly changing

Unless the games had some kind of layering like the SNES then it would be possible

So think for a bit before you go posting stuff thats completely wrong...

EDIT: I read that wikipedia page and thats basically what the DS does...
The 3DS Splits an Image into 2 of the same image sort of It gives depth because objects are placed on different layers

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
-_- The games are rendered in 3D on the DS But the 3DS Doesn't know what the fuck the difference between a Player Object and a Background Object its sees them as a 2D Image thats constantly changing

Unless the games had some kind of layering like the SNES then it would be possible

EDIT: I read that wikipedia page and thats basically what the DS does...
The 3DS Splits an Image into 2 of the same image sort of It gives depth because objects are placed on different layers

Yeah thats what I thougth about 2. But if a PC emulator could render DS games with a 3d library like OpenGL or Direct3d then maybe it could work on PC?
I have seen it be done for emulators like Project64, PCSX2 and Dolphin

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah thats what I thougth about 2. But if a PC emulator could render DS games with a 3d library like OpenGL or Direct3d then maybe it could work on PC?
I have seen it be done for emulators like Project64, PCSX2 and Dolphin
It would possibly worked if you did the 3D rendering with Red and Cyan 3D Style like they use to do with movies

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
It would possibly worked if you did the 3D rendering with Red and Cyan 3D Style like they use to do with movies
Eh.. ok.. But what differens would that do? And BTW. I dont think games like Super Mario 3d land or Zelda - Ocarina Of Time 3d are using layers.
with games like that it is more likely that it just renders the 3D from two slightly different angles.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

:rofl2:

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually think it's a problem that most DS games arn't straight in 2D. And those mixing 2D and "polygon 3D" like Pokemon B&W may be even more difficult to make stereoscopic. I dont see the point in even talking about DS -> Stereoscopic
I'm not saying it would be for every game and I'm certainly not saying it would be easy. Nor that I think it will happen. I just don't think it's impossible, especially for fully 3D rendered games like Zelda.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a