GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
A lot of stores don't really care about official dates. Their line of thinking is generally "Well we've got these units and we can sell them for money, so let's sell them for money!"
And also "Let's get hit with a huge fine for stupidly breaking the rules!"

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
Rydian said:
A lot of stores don't really care about official dates. Their line of thinking is generally "Well we've got these units and we can sell them for money, so let's sell them for money!"
I think that's really cool! That'd be awesome to get it a few days early...since some stores do this, do you think Amazon could ship a little early?
Unfortunately, Gamestop never does this. At least around where I live.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kurossaki652 said:
SOME, stores have them in stock... not all... I still have to call my nearby gamestop
Umm...doesn't mean they're allowed to sell them. I'm betting most stores already have their shipments or will tomorrow.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really, really, REALLY tempted to go tomorrow... But I think I should wait until Sunday.

I'm nervous of getting lectured, cause the employees at my local store are ASSHOLES.
glare.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I'm really, really, REALLY tempted to go tomorrow... But I think I should wait until Sunday.

I'm nervous of getting lectured, cause the employees at my local store are ASSHOLES.
glare.gif

tongue.gif

I think I will go and ask them tomorrow just for the hell of it. I would LOVE if they let me get away with it. If I was still working there they most definitely would... >_>

Kurossaki652

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked my nearby gamestop.. THEY HAVE THEM.. but they said they cant sell until SUNDAY..THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED
gamestop guy: "we can't sell until sunday"
Me:"Thanks"
*close phone*... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUU

D

Deleted User

I went to pick up Dissidia on Wednesday and one of the GameStop guys was unboxing the 3DSs. It was the same with Pokemon White/Black, they had gotten it Wednesday. I'm thinking they usually get these things early, but can't sell.

Except with Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Fail hard.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Amiti said:
I went to pick up Dissidia on Wednesday and one of the GameStop guys was unboxing the 3DSs. It was the same with Pokemon White/Black, they had gotten it Wednesday. I'm thinking they usually get these things early, but can't sell.

LMAO YEAH! I remember coming in every day to work,

"Hey Pete! Did Golden Sun come in today?"

"No."

"Hey Pete, did --"

"No."

"Hey Pete, --"

"No."

"... I was gonna ask if I could take this here --"

"No."

I think he just got too used to saying No... >_>

Also. he said that only STREET DATED things come in early (or that they are more likely to). Golden Sun was never "Street dated" at Gamestop.

(Despite so many shitty games apparently getting SD'd. Just check your Gamestop pre-order book and you'll know what I mean)

D

Deleted User

Schlupi said:
Amiti said:

LMAO YEAH! I remember coming in every day to work,

"Hey Pete! Did Golden Sun come in today?"

"No."

"Hey Pete, did --"

"No."

"Hey Pete, --"

"No."

"... I was gonna ask if I could take this here --"

"No."

I think he just got too used to saying No... >_>

Also. he said that only STREET DATED things come in early (or that they are more likely to). Golden Sun was never "Street dated" at Gamestop.

(Despite so many shitty games apparently getting SD'd. Just check your Gamestop pre-order book and you'll know what I mean)
NO - THE SIMPLEST WAY TO ANSWER ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. XD

I blamed FedEx for my misfortune with Dark Dawn, the mall GameStop got their game shipment but the GameStop closer to my home didn't get theirs ("STILL SITTING IN THE DOCKS!"). Still, when the release date was closing it, the dates kept changing no matter where I looked... I really didn't know if the date was a Tuesday or Wednesday. -_-

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I just called my local gamestop about selling it early...they gave me the same line of "bla bla bla $3000 fine, bla bla bla, will not get another shipment if Nintendo found out..."

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I just called my local gamestop about selling it early...they gave me the same line of "bla bla bla $3000 fine, bla bla bla, will not get another shipment if Nintendo found out..."

Simple solution -- they just DON'T tell anybody.
wink.gif

Just let one system stray, and if it's paid for already scan it as sold on the day of launch. It's not a hard system to cheat. I took games out early ALL the time when working there (early Black Ops, early Donkey Kong County Returns, etc) and that's really all there was to it.

I love how they KNOW they are just bullshitting people.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

glare.gif
Hmm. I might do the same tomorrow since I have the day off. But they probably won't let me. I was gonna buy the screen protectors and games early anyways, so if I don't get it tomorrow...Oh well.
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

I like the explanation of "agents will crash through the ceiling and Miyamoto would go ninja on all of us in the store" that I got when I asked if I could get my 3DS.

But in all seriousness, really? A $3000 fine? Ow.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Amiti said:
I like the explanation of "agents will crash through the ceiling and Miyamoto would go ninja on all of us in the store" that I got when I asked if I could get my 3DS.

But in all seriousness, really? A $3000 fine? Ow.
Dude, they actually said that? I wanna live by THAT GameStop. Or at least be able to give that response if I ever work there.
tongue.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
wink.gif

Just let one system stray, and if it's paid for already scan it as sold on the day of launch. It's not a hard system to cheat. I took games out early ALL the time when working there (early Black Ops, early Donkey Kong County Returns, etc) and that's really all there was to it.

Oh? And did you do it for a newly released system? It's it's not like the workers would take the time to do that for someone else would they? I'm guessing you probably didn't. You know there really is such a thing as a fine for breaking street date...most just don't care enough on software though.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Seraph said:
Schlupi said:
wink.gif

Oh? And did you do it for a newly released system? It's it's not like the workers would take the time to do that for someone else would they? I'm guessing you probably didn't.

Actually, I did. I got the Black friday DSi bundle and the DSi XL Mario bundle before they were being sold.

ALSO, I love that little doggy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?