OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Charger.jpg

"NGamer has a review unit of the Nintendo 3DS and have said that the “3DS ran out of batteries after four hours. Full brightness, full 3D, no wireless communications enabled.” Previous discussion of the battery life was vague so I think this gives us a more accurate intepretation. And while four hours doesn’t sound like a whole lot (and it’s not), I doubt anyone will play with full 3D enabled for that long. And I’m sure most folks can do without full brightness. It does seem that about five hours is the maximum though."[/p]

NGamer claims that the 3DS died after 4 hours with max 3D, brightness, no wireless​

icon11.gif
Via

icon11.gif
Source

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No one's gonna play for a full four hours straight... and if they are, they can plug it in.

For the rest of the people, just put it back in the docking cradle when you're done playing, so it's ready to go next time.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wuold say NGP seems pretty screwed when concerning battery life if this is the case for 3DS but then again NGP is huge so they should have a much larger battery for it....still though

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
pocchama1996 said:
I wuold say NGP seems pretty screwed when concerning battery life if this is the case for 3DS but then again NGP is huge so they should have a much larger battery for it....still though

The NGP has been confirmed to have about the same battery life as the PSP.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep my DSiXL usually on the lowest setting, so I guess I'll have to test that for myself when the 3DS comes out.

So for me, 3D off lowest brightness.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didn't we already hear/read rumors that it was 3-5 hours ( I know I did ). Nice to see that it was 4 at full 3d/bright without wireless, that's not too bad. I was thinking that would pull the 3 hour mark. When I play my DSi at home I almost always play on the lowest setting. Specially if its dark in my room, full brightness gives me a headache then ( I hate bright lights { vampire hiss }) So time looks good to me. I just need to decide what game I want since I have my pre order paid for.

D

Deleted_171835

They have a review unit, already!
ohmy.gif

NGamer is a UK magazine. The 3DS isn't coming out in Europe until March 24th. It's a bit too early to be handing out review systems. Four hours isn't that bad considering that's with the brightness and 3D at max. I never keep the brightness at max and I'm probably not going to keep the 3D on for too long if it has a significant impact on battery life.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
They have a review unit, already!
ohmy.gif

NGamer is a UK magazine. The 3DS isn't coming out in Europe until March 24th. It's a bit too early to be handing out review systems. Four hours isn't that bad considering that's with the brightness and 3D at max. I never keep the brightness at max and I'm probably not going to keep the 3D on for too long if it has a significant impact on battery life.
Second that

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The battery live don't concern me too much. I play my portable systems only at home or at work and both places have a power outlet so I can recharge. My son on the other hand plays a lot in the car on trips... so I guess a car adapter is going to be needed for long ones.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if my review site will ever gain such popularity that I get sent review models of new systems like this...

Anyway, we all knew the battery life was gonna suck ass. This is hardly a surprise. But to be fair, when was the last time you can honestly say you played a handheld for five hours plus? It'd be nice to have the option, of course, for trans-atlantic flights or whatever, but I seriously doubt this will be a truly major issue for most people. Especially if you keep it on a lower light setting and use the 3D effects sparingly. Or just plug the damn thing into the mains. I normally play my handhelds direct from the mains these days, save the battery power for when I'm out.

Exsoul01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a minute I thought It dies after 4 hours on normal settings after reading the title, but I guess 4 hours is not bad for having everything on max, I heard it last more than the expected battery life if the 3D is off and on the lowest brightness setting.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exsoul01 said:
For a minute I thought It dies after 4 hours on normal settings after reading the title, but I guess 4 hours is not bad for having everything on max, I heard it last more than the expected battery life if the 3D is off and on the lowest brightness setting.
I'm very interested in hearing those results as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: