3ds demo unit

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by djgarf, Jan 19, 2012.

Jan 19, 2012

3ds demo unit by djgarf at 9:33 PM (4,514 Views / 0 Likes) 29 Comments

• Newcomer

Nintondo New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Did anyone figure out a way to deal with this problem? I'm suffering from the exact same (even down to getting it from a display in Argos, haha) problem. I managed to update the system but i still can't play it without the system being on charge.

• Banned

RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

Message Count:
    United States
    I am very honored to talk to the staff,lol.If you want to be risky dissasemble it,why don't you send it to Nintendo.

driverdis Searching for N

Message Count:
    United States
    it would not hurt to try this as it keeps the 3ds in "AC Mode" while supplying power to the 3DS. that should keep the 3ds on thinking its plugged in.
    • Newcomer

alpacaown New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Did you guys ever find a solution to this as I was just about to buy an ex-shop display 3ds and wanted to know if this problem was fixable?

dehry New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    3DS hacking is still in its infancy. They only managed a small exploit to run already signed games and ignore the region coding/report a different region code to the official game. Firmware won't be customizable for at least a couple years.

No, it won't run
    • Newcomer

alpacaown New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    What makes you think this needs customized firmware? :S
    • Newcomer

Shanerc1 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm not sure if the fact that its a demo has anything to do with the problem. I have fixed many 3DS systems with this same problem. Believe it or not the problem is actually in the charging port most of the time. The solder joints on the charge port break loose. Try soldering all the joints on the charge port. Nine times out of ten this will fix the problem.
    • Newcomer

Dark_Angel_Arus New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Hey,
    Sorry to bump an old topic, but I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for this.

My office's break area once had one of those shop display stands with 2 3DSs attached to it.
    As nobody touched them for a year or so, they decided to sell them off for charity so I bought one.

Here is the issue:
    When plugged into the mains, the console will turn on and work fine.
    The battery indicator will display the batteries status, and charge properly.
    But as soon as you unplug the unit, it turns off....

I assumed it was the battery, as it spent a year plugged in, so I bought a new battery. It took about 4 hours to charge, but didn't help.

The other unit from the display stand has the same issue.

Looking around on the net I found a very small amount of info, saying that this was done on purpose.
    I asked Nintendo support, but they have no idea....

Can anyone tell me:
    1. Is this done by a change of hardware, or a software setting?
    2. HOW DO I FIX IT??????

This has been driving me crazy for a week! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Dark Angel Arus
    • Newcomer

left4deadkillez New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hey. I bought that battery that was recommended it didn't work until I cut an old phone charger and took a bit of copper wire and put it in facing away from each other in the actual charge port bent them into the dock spot. Look at my video sorry for quality
    Google
    demo 3ds fix like only video
    Last edited by left4deadkillez, Feb 5, 2014
    • Newcomer

apachehavok New Member

Message Count:
    Angola
    Its a demo unit. It has a small piece of hardware in it that forces this behavior. Its so it can stay on no matter what and really act like a demo unit for public use. Also, in case of theft it just wont turn on so it discourages people from just grabbing it and running because they will think it just doesn't work without it being on the stand.

This behavior is 100% implemented by Nintendo for demo units only. ALSO, demo units are NEVER supposed to be resold and are to be returned to Nintendo to be retired. I would just get rid of it or sell it on ebay as a demo unit. You will also notice that if you try to register it, it will give you the error that the unit is not for resale.
SPONSORED LINKS