ROM Hack 3DS Decryption Key Generator

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So, if I understand this correctly, this tool extracts/generates the key for the partitions. Then you run those keys through the AES engine to get OTPs to xor with the partitions, thus decrypting the ROM?

I now wish that fundraiser had succeeded

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the homebrew ROP chain able to access the AES functions on the 3DS? If not then it would probably require a real-time RAM injection and additional code (perhaps requiring another exploit) to generate the XOR value or a hacked GW perhaps?

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the homebrew ROP chain able to access the AES functions on the 3DS?

I believe it is, I have reversed a bit of the first gw-launcher some time ago and it did call the aes-engine to decrypt part of their Launcher.dat in the ROP-chain.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
right there on the previous page
Whoops, missed that! Thanks!

Ugh, I keep getting an exception no matter what I do. For instance, the following command:

ctrtool.exe -i "E:/ROMs/3DS/Pokemon X (E).3ds"

Generates messages like this one:

1 [main] ctrtool 12016 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to ctrtool.exe.stackdump

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe a dump question:

Can this be used to decrypt the data file of a .cia file and repack it as .3ds?

3dslove79

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Graeat job team fail!:) a little question ,thanks to this program is possible in the near future to translate a game?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Simply open your 3DS or 3DZ (I need confirmation on this format, as I cannot dump them at this time)
.3dz is only a file extension renaming.
.3dz is used to allow online access by storing an unique cartridge ID and a Chip ID in the ROM header. It's added automatically by Gateway 3DS ROM dumper, or by users sharing ID togethers (you can find threads with more details on ChipID).
Unique cartridge ID located at 0x1200.
Chip ID located at 0x1240.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So, if I understand this correctly, this tool extracts/generates the key for the partitions. Then you run those keys through the AES engine to get OTPs to xor with the partitions, thus decrypting the ROM?

I now wish that fundraiser had succeeded

Exactly. I am aware of a set of libraries that can actually communicate with the AES engine, but I can't locate it at this time, although the contents of this 3DBrew page would be of use.

Reactions: Queno138

Lone Fail

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what does this do? Does this mean i could play pokemon x and y yet? What is decrypting and what does the key do? I have r4i gold deluxe btw

Reactions: bkifft

Jorsher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this have any benefit for decrypting newer saves?

Since injecting a new header ruins any saves made before injecting the data, the save data is surely bound to the cart ID somehow and likely something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end