Hacking 3DS decapping fundraising topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punkonjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
edit: That actually sounds like a decent idea but what would we offer up for raffle that would be worth it?
For me, just sending me digital copies of the images would be awesome.

But to actually raise cash? Jack the price up 300-500 bucks and use that additional fund to buy 3ds's for 2-4 randomly selected winners, say, for each 5 dollars you get an extra raffle ticket, assign numbers and get yourself some sort of digital raffle thing, or, get some of those actual tickets and send people a ticket number, then do like, a stupid video of you drawing a ticket like a lottery promo thing, that'd probably give people a huge boner. Plus, if it's more than 1 DS, you can do draws at specific milestones, like we hit 1000, draw a number! Then when you hit the cap, do a drawing for a 3ds XL or something.

But yeah, when I get paid, I'll throw ten bucks thataway, as long as you guys make the images digitally available. :)

I think the problem it you need to spruce up that donate page. Add a java cursor follower, those always please people. Also a picture of a smiling Monkey that moves around the border of the website. Maybe some midi background music, like Beverly Hills Cop theme is awesome. It's just a little dull and I bet not a lot of people want to donate to a "3DS Decapping Project Fundraiser " page. Also a 14 minute flash intro that you can't skip will really grasp people's attention wiinja did it.

That's my advice, at least and I'm all for you guys with this project it sounds awesome. However my question is how did you get someone to agree to do this? Do they not care about legal implications? Or is it perfectly fine to do whatever you want to your property.

I love you, so, so much.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you guys need paypal, google checkout etc. why not just make a 2 page pdf on e-junkie and use that to raise funds?

EDIT: I assume the fundraising total is manually edited - just going by the html coding on the site.
It's a PHP script, the HTML is presumably dynamically generated by said PHP script. I doubt someone is manually editing the total.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you guys need paypal, google checkout etc. why not just make a 2 page pdf on e-junkie and use that to raise funds?

EDIT: I assume the fundraising total is manually edited - just going by the html coding on the site.
The page is processed using PHP, where the server generates the HTML server-side allowing for dynamic HTML output when values in given parameters change.

So actually the total should be automatically updated anyway. These guys are experienced hackers, I seriously doubt they would manually edit the HTML to reflect changes when we have the convenience of computing at our command.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, just sending me digital copies of the images would be awesome.

But to actually raise cash? Jack the price up 300-500 bucks and use that additional fund to buy 3ds's for 2-4 randomly selected winners, say, for each 5 dollars you get an extra raffle ticket, assign numbers and get yourself some sort of digital raffle thing, or, get some of those actual tickets and send people a ticket number, then do like, a stupid video of you drawing a ticket like a lottery promo thing, that'd probably give people a huge boner. Plus, if it's more than 1 DS, you can do draws at specific milestones, like we hit 1000, draw a number! Then when you hit the cap, do a drawing for a 3ds XL or something.

The problem with that is the donation is for buying a 3DS to send to the lab and paying the lab fees for the decapping. The reason this fundraiser is going is because the people running it don't have all the money to get the stuff that you are asking them to get

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah do you think they've seen this? If this is the same thing they're trying to acquire they could get it with the funds they already have.
The only problem with that is there is a 50/50 chance involved. The $500 involved may or may not provide any new/useful information, but that is still a viable option.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not try crowdfunding? It will not only provide better methods for donation,but get the word out about this whole project. I really like this idea. GBATemp could really prosper from a new platform for homebrew.

Crowdfunding Websites:
* GoFundMe has many additional fees, (especially for international donators)
so I think it sucks, but i'll leave it on the table anyway

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Why not try crowdfunding? It will not only provide better methods for donation,but get the word out about this whole project. I really like this idea. GBATemp could really prosper from a new platform for homebrew.

Crowdfunding Websites:
* GoFundMe has many additional fees, (especially for international donators)
so I think it sucks, but i'll leave it on the table anyway
I suggested Kickstarter earlier in this thread, don't think anyone payed any attention ;/

IndieGoGo might be a much better alternative than KickStarter though. It seems more appropriate.

Maybe we'll have a Christmas miracle and some of our more rich contributors will be feeling generous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: