Hacking 3DS Custom Code Execution?

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Man, that looks so so real.... I checked and rechecked the video again and again.... Also I believe he is from NAND dump section(the Weird device in back of console).

P

pasc

Never trust a video alone.

Only do if they accompany it with files so you can prove it to yourself.

Thats one of my rules. *sips coffee*

Man, that looks so so real.... I checked and rechecked the video again and again.... Also I believe he is from NAND dump section(the Weird device in back of console).

It isn't a "device", more like merely 4 wires attatched to a SD-MicroSD Adapter.

Reactions: Imranul Ferdoues

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
neither of those things will ever happen unless exploits are found in higher firmwares AND furthermore nintendo's AES implementation is buggy (which I doubt). if the AES encryption is implemented correctly, we will never have a 'real' way to have softmod CFW. keep dreaming.

Nothing is impossible, impossible is a given based on current knowledge, that is why we have progress and inovation...

liban100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1a0aa3f49357d80014672e3a3fc56847.png

Looks like they aren't releasing it, doesn't mean other people won't be able to though

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
lol at everyone being god like and not releasing anything to public. What is the point Gateway 3ds is already on the market so how does it help? and the exploit is just upto 4.5 that would mean only a small percentage of users. What they don't understand is by not releasing anything they are just promoting flashcards and it is possible that they might be receiving some incentives from gateway for doing that.

liban100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol at everyone being god like and not releasing anything to public. What is the point Gateway 3ds is already on the market so how does it help? and the exploit is just upto 4.5 that would mean only a small percentage of users. What they don't understand is by not releasing anything they are just promoting flashcards and it is possible that they might be receiving some incentives from gateway for doing that.

Yeah but people are way more likely to use this exploit for free rather than buying a Gateway card for $80

Reactions: yuyuyup
D

Deleted User

If they open up the 3DS for 4.5, everything will be public, and also firmware files, keys etc etc. This means more people can try to find an exploit for 6.x or higher, and yeah that means for them aiding piracy even more. They don't want that. I respect them for that.

Now imagine if the GW exploit for 4.5 was "free", then there would be EVEN MORE piracy for 4.5..

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
definitely not an edited video. considering the recent circumstances, highly likely to be legit. Doesn't necessarily mean that they can do anything substantial with it yet though

Benshannon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anything that would help me understand my japanese XL and play EU games would be very appreciated though...:(
I know I shouldn't have got a JAP console but who can say ''No, Thanks!'' to presents?

lightenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I am amazed about the amount of feedback we got.. which even included job offers. Thanks!

Of course, I recognize the advantages of just releasing what we have and personally I hate to not share. But, I also see the disadvantages more clearly now: Nintendo has one (actually two) more name/s to go after. Even without this 'legal concerns', I still won't feel comfortable to open a device to piracy.. or aiding that. Don't buy closed systems if you dont like them.
Also for me this was vacation activity. Very fun one.. still, I will pick up my job in a few days again and at least I wont be working much on this anymore in the immenent future. I hope that this is at least on some level understandable. If not: please ignore the video, nothing happened.

If they open up the 3DS for 4.5, everything will be public, and also firmware files, keys etc etc. This means more people can try to find an exploit for 6.x or higher, and yeah that means for them aiding piracy even more. They don't want that. I respect them for that.

Now imagine if the GW exploit for 4.5 was "free", then there would be EVEN MORE piracy for 4.5..
Thank you.

umdking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am amazed about the amount of feedback we got.. which even included job offers. Thanks!

Of course, I recognize the advantages of just releasing what we have and personally I hate to not share. But, I also see the disadvantages more clearly now: Nintendo has one (actually two) more name/s to go after. Even without this 'legal concerns', I still won't feel comfortable to open a device to piracy.. or aiding that. Don't buy closed systems if you dont like them.
Also for me this was vacation activity. Very fun one.. still, I will pick up my job in a few days again and at least I wont be working much on this anymore in the immenent future. I hope that this is at least on some level understandable. If not: please ignore the video, nothing happened.

Thank you.

Impressive.
one question please.You did this with or without a RAM dump?
Thanks

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Whats the point of making something like this and not releasing it?
It look like waste of time to me.
Also if you create something and not release it, why do you even tell us about it?
Its like
hey guys look what you cannot have!

Reactions: DiabloStorm

TheBlueSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if you create something and not release it, why do you even tell us about it?
Its like

I don't see him like that. Why see the glass as half empty?

He posted it in a sort of "it's possible" way rather than to stroke his ego. He also mentioned his reasons, respect that.

lightenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Impressive.
one question please.You did this with or without a RAM dump?
Thanks
Okay - one question -- and only because I partially answered it in the video description ;)
No, we had no RAM dump available. Everything used is/was in public view (past tense, because the v1.0 GW Loader.dat is not available anymore in encrypted form afaik).

Its like
The video was not intended for wide spread release... and I admit its useless for most; on the other hand there are a lot of useless videos on youtube.

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
good lord these guys saying that it will open the console for more piracy, isn't it already? Few weeks from now we will see a cloned flashcard and then even more till the stage where we will see flash card for 30-40$ each and then there would be a market and an industry like today. Shame that these guys don't think of those companies earning money from selling these things but they care so much of developers losing money which is not huge in this case, people do buy the games they love.

They have failed to understand that how beneficial it will be when more groups and freelancers like the guy who released this video will me working on it. And those who are talking about legal stuff " it just takes a link on paste bin from an anonymous proxy server". If anyone is in need i can upload stuff for them.

Excuse me for being a jerk but if you are so meticulous about this stuff you shouldn't have uploaded a Video in the first place. Yeah we have bought a closed system but everyone has desires and sharing is the first step in development and progress.

I guess we will have to wait a little bit longer someone will be daring enough to release it.

The guy who thinks this will help exploiting the upper firmwares( 6.1 or 6.2)? Isn't this community about finding loopholes and exploits which can lead to home brew or loading Roms?

The so called prophets of the grey world is what I see.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
The silly thing is these people wont release it beacuse of piracy but there ok with gateway selling a cart that most people use for piracy...

yea but the gateway is restricted with what they team have done

also the cost puts alot of people off piracy which is good also

i see everyone seems to have forgotten about the $2300 donated to get the 3DS looked into

Reactions: nukeboy95

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]