Metab.

Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS Firmware Update thread.
Current Firmware brief explanation [5.1.0-11]
The new update simply fixes the update bug many users have found to be stopping them updating or accessing various applications the 3DS such as the eShop, System Settings and Game Notes. The update also added some new applications for users with JAP region 3DS'. For an in-depth explaination of additions to this update as well as working/blocked flashcards click here. [Cation: It is suggested you do not update to this firmware or higher until exploits are fully tested to for the lower firmware options, despite your flashcard working on a this or a higher firmware]
[Note: The exploits will not be released that were patched from 4.5 to 5 even if successful, if your flashcard is working according to the blog post and you want to utilize the new feature(s) then by all means update]

Current Firmware brief explanation [5.0.0-11]
This update patched many exploits in NATIVE_FIRM of the 3DS according to 3DBrew.org as well as updates to various applications such as the web browser and eShop, the addition of save data transfer tools and games can be downloaded withnot needing to close the eShop for the 'Download Later' option to work. For an in-depth explanation of additions to this update as well as working/blocked flashcards click here. [Cation: It is suggested you do not update to this firmware or higher until exploits are fully tested to for the lower firmware options, despite your flashcard working on a this or a higher firmware]
[Note: The exploits will not be released that were patched from 4.5 to 5 even if successful, if your flashcard is working according to the blog post and you want to utilize the new feature(s) then by all means update]

For ease of access the data has been moved to my blog so people can check and not have me post a billion threads about new updates.​

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Snailface

Corbra1020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to list the changes it has listed in the news? :)
I'll add it to the thread.
Nothing really new just some more games BUT they did add a save data transfer tool app. And another specifically for monster hunterCould that maybe be used for exploit?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing really new just some more games BUT they did add a save data transfer tool app. And another specifically for monster hunterCould that maybe be used for exploit?
Care to actually list everything the news said so i can add it to the thread?
Also save data transfer had been in there previously (Atleast for PAL regions)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Indeed, it was silly of me.
And a new thread is going to be noticed more then a single post in an already cluttered thread.
You can request a mod to change the thread title.

I agree with you on the new thread per update idea, it takes too long for people to notice the old "catch all" threads. New thread for new news.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Changed the title.

Personally I'm not going to mind a new thread per update since updates don't even come weekly (so the forum isn't exactly cluttered), the old one's not a sticky and doesn't have the info in it anyways, and like Snailface said people are going to be looking for topics with the specific version, etc.

Reactions: Fyrus

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Changed the title.

Personally I'm not going to mind a new thread per update since updates don't even come weekly (so the forum isn't exactly cluttered), the old one's not a sticky and doesn't have the info in it anyways, and like Snailface said people are going to be looking for topics with the specific version, etc.
Thanks for the thread title change.
Hope that clears things up for people.
And if anyone can update and list any and every changes via PM or comment here that would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)