• Replies 1,197
  • Likes 104

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think I could do direct PC -> 3DS transfer. I remember there was a way to do this with the original DS (which was used with WiFiMe) but it required that you had a very specific wireless card with a custom driver. I think it would be too difficult for me to do, sorry.

Oh, it's OK. Your work is very useful nonetheless :) I'll see if I can find a workaround for this (hopefully).

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This... kicks... ass. Thanks for the hard work! Will definitely try this out. Your contribution is highly appreciated. :D

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
This looks awesome!

So you need vJoy to use the Circle Pad? I already have PPJoy set up to use with GlovePIE. Any way to use the joystick I've already set up with PPJoy instead of using vJoy? Can I use vJoy and PPJoy at the same time? I don't know enough about vJoy

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have tried to use it with Visual Boy Advance, Start and Select work, but not the pad. I can't move my character...

And in Note Pad, it's working. Up give me 8, left 4, down 2, and right 6

----------

Work fine, thanks a lot for this tool/homebrew

Reactions: YoshiInAVoid

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First try: Downloaded and followed instructions. The wording made it sound like you didn't NEED vJoy, it was just recommended for joystick support. Well it didn't work. Thought I'd wait for an update.

Second try: Downloaded and installed vJoy and tried again, following the instructions to the letter. Works. I'm playing ZSNES with my 3DS XL. Hot damn YoshiInAVoid well done.

Reactions: YoshiInAVoid

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to use it with Visual Boy Advance, Start and Select work, but not the pad. I can't move my character...

And in Note Pad, it's working. Up give me 8, left 4, down 2, and right 6

----------

Work fine, thanks a lot for this tool/homebrew

I got the same thing, then I went into Visual Boy's settings (Options > Joypad > Default Joypad > Joypad 1) and that fixed it.

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to throw out that I decided to try with Minecraft. Turning on Touch Screen Mode in the MC settings allows you to use the 3DS touch screen to look around. So it all works beautifully. Might wanna boost the sensitivity to "HYPERSPEED" though, otherwise it's not as fast as the mouse.

EDIT: Oops... It has nothing to do with Touchscreen Mode. The 3DS touch pad just emulates mouse movement. iiii'm an idiot.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i want use my 3ds in dolphin but i have a lot of problem with the input. the most of the button have the same input in this emulator. i tested the 3ds with visualboy advance and with snes9x and there worked well. how i can solve the problem?

ILOVEPIE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rohan.sdsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
not working for me, i've followed the steps exactly and i've installed vjoy... nothing. (windows 8.1 x86_64)

Edit:
Steam uses port 8888 so you have to change the port if you have steam and want to get it running.

BobPwnz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? The application is working but the joystick is not. I have installed vjoy but the circle pad joystick will not work. Is there a solution?

xantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how about a little pc app to stream part of the screen over to the 3ds...........wii u pad style :D
That reminds me of the project ctr-streaming-server which also is able to work like a HID device as well as stream video/sound (except under Linux). I have been unable to compile it though because of its dependencies (cross-compiling libogg libvorbis and libtheora etc. for ARM is confusing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM