Hacking 3DS Cheats Code program being worked on :o

WaryLouka

Official Representative of the SuperCard Team
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Bond is able to decrypt Roms/NAND Files/3DS Bullshit it still doesn't prove he's still able to code homebrew.
According to his twitter, he simply said that he decrypted the Pokemon X/Y game, that he decrypted the Gateway crapware, et cetera.. and there's no piece of homebrew anywhere.

Even though I want this to be real, until I see it in action I can't believe this right now.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Even if Bond is able to decrypt Roms/NAND Files/3DS Bullshit it still doesn't prove he's still able to code homebrew.
According to his twitter, he simply said that he decrypted the Pokemon X/Y game, that he decrypted the Gateway crapware, et cetera.. and there's no piece of homebrew anywhere.

Even though I want this to be real, until I see it in action I can't believe this right now.

Actually IIRC those stuffs can only be done on native hardware.

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might not turn out the utter free for all that was the DS and Wii, the entry requirements alone seeing to that, but I would be stunned if they have something resembling a hardened online service.

Well they ditched WiFi for Nintendo Network, so I guess that has better security built on it, also better flexibility because it allows patches. Wii's security was broken beyond repair and DS was nonexistent because it couldn't do updates, so...

The 3DS is more secure than the Wii and Nintendo can close all the known vulnerabilities anytime they want with updates

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More secure is not secure. Also technically the DS could do updates (the addition of wifi was one) and at game level it would also be somewhat possible.

From what we have already seen memory access/writing is possible (smea's early work on pokemon being just this), this is basically all you need for cheats. If pokemon does not support proper memory handling (and traditionally it is one of the games that tries this) it is not a great sign.

Equally we have already seen NAND redirection made and deployed so that any fool can use it. This then makes bug closing a somewhat less fruitful game. Cheat capable devices are more than plentiful enough to do the "one bad apple" thing too.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...AV-PKX-Editor)&p=189131&viewfull=1#post189131

One step closer ^_^ Gen6 "pokegen" now creates "action replay codes" based on bond's "formula"

Having this built into a flashcart will make me a happy lad
yeah i said that already... in the OP... :)

and i saw that pkhex, the pokemon gen vi save editor, on projectpokemon, was updated to support codes.

if your mother says that she baked you a cake, i bet you don't believe it until you actually see it before your eyes.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i'm assuming it will work on only v4 firmware then? so why are people crying that it will work online when you can't go online with v4 firmware? plus majority of people are on latest firmware so most people won't be able to install this, a shame really.

maybe i will get my animal crossing trainer one day i hope.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm assuming it will work on only v4 firmware then? so why are people crying that it will work online when you can't go online with v4 firmware? plus majority of people are on latest firmware so most people won't be able to install this, a shame really.

maybe i will get my animal crossing trainer one day i hope.

You can go online on 4.x using GW.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'd prefer a way to convert saves from a retail card to GW .sav
That's already partially possible, depending on if it uses 6.x encryption ....if that's the case you can only do it if the game was played in classic mode, and it also depends on the save file size, if it's 512kb you just need to dump the cart the save is from and the save and rename the rom .3dz and the save to the games title ID

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
All my retail games came with 4.5 or lower so i don't think it's possible
If all your retail games are 4.5 or lower, the only thing you need to check is if the save is 512kb, dump the save using the save dump feature on the gateway menu, check how big the dumped save is on the SD, if it's 512kb you can dump the rom, rename the rom to .3dz, and rename the save to match the games title ID and your retail save will work

If the dumped save is smaller than 512kb, you won't be able to use it.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is bad news for me :( I love playing online way more than cheating .... plus cheating is often a lazy way to get through a hard part or get something without working for it. Sorry to be negative about it but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Im sure that cheats will not work Online and it they work Nintendo will Patch it. I dont remember being able to cheat online with the Ds, the games just separates from the other games. I think cheats only destroyed online with pokemon because people used Hacked Pokemon but they were the only games (correct me if im wrong).

Here is my opinion: I would like cheats i know that is a dishonest way to finish a game but they are good if they dont affect other People (online), If you dont like them dont use them nobody is forcing you to use them.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Im sure that cheats will not work Online and it they work Nintendo will Patch it. I dont remember being able to cheat online with the Ds, the games just separates from the other games. I think cheats only destroyed online with pokemon but they were the only games (correct me if im wrong).

They'll have some type of banning system up, but there'll be ways to circumvent it. If this gets released, cheats will be all over online.

I dont remember being able to cheat online with the Ds, the games just separates from the other games. I think cheats only destroyed online with pokemon but they were the only games (correct me if im wrong)..

Oh, it was really easy for the handful of games that had online interactions. MKDS comes to mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.