cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
(sorry if this is already here :) i think it is cool news)
https://twitter.com/Bond697/status/490613314859569152

"started working on an action replay-like program for the 3ds. you can give it a cheat code file and it will apply them when you hit a button"

but he says "...it won't be done for a good, long time. there are others working on a public solution for that."

and i saw that pkhex, the pokemon gen vi save editor, on projectpokemon, was updated to support codes.

so, very cool :)

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take this piece of news with a grain of salt. For the moment. Smealum's SSSpwn is even more legit than this. Plus, smea actually had a demo video showing it at work. (I'm not advocating that videos can't be faked but hey! at least its some evidence)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
"grain of salt", oh christ, i forgot about all these people who just want to doubt something just because they are afraid that they will look stupid when the project gets cancelled etc
bond697 (maybe not entirely by himself, i think he was working with someone?) basically decrypted everything gateway did, decrypted pokemon x y roms, but, of course, take this with a grain of salt because you have belief problems lol

Bond, for what purpose?

for cheats?... or you mean 'why', as in, why spending his time on something like this well, hmm, Bond697 can tell you :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
lol so this isn't being worked on, then how come phkex now has the code functionality, that is really just a coincidence?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
well, "being worked on", and he says that other people are working on similar things too... i'm not getting my hopes up, placing bets etc :)
i believe that i am strong enough as a person to be able to survive if this, or something by someone else doesn't ever get finished or released :D

What do you mean by "codes" though? Cheat code generation?

yeah something like that, i thought that since they (both bond and kaphotics) are on projectpokemon, both clever guys, that kaphotics just implemented the preliminary stuff of what bond did... maybe not though
"Added: RAM Edit Code Generator
  • Exports codes for Tabs/Box Pokemon, and Wondercards. Specify the write offset.
  • Requires a hacked 3DS with redirected nand and a spawned thread running the code interpreter."

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"grain of salt", oh christ, i forgot about all these people who just want to doubt something just because they are afraid that they will look stupid when the project gets cancelled etc
bond697 (maybe not entirely by himself, i think he was working with someone?) basically decrypted everything gateway did, decrypted pokemon x y roms, but, of course, take this with a grain of salt because you have belief problems lol

for cheats?... or you mean 'why', as in, why spending his time on something like this well, hmm, Bond697 can tell you :)

Hey remember the decapping project? There were some heavy weights involved and the guy still ran away with the money.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey remember the decapping project? There were some heavy weights involved and the guy still ran away with the money.

...do we know how far he got before the "heavy weights" caught up with him?

Edit: based on other evidence, e.g. retail cart decryption, mounting redirected NANDs etc. I'd say he's legit (but actually releasing it is another matter).

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If true, R.I.P Ninty online.
If it ever was a thing.

Nah, this won't affect online at all. Nintendo certainly has the methods to combat online hacks now, people most want this to hack muh Gen 6 pogeymans into the game since they don't want to take the 15 minutes needed to breed something.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nah, this won't affect online at all. Nintendo certainly has the methods to combat online hacks now, people most want this to hack muh Gen 6 pogeymans into the game since they don't want to take the 15 minutes needed to breed something.

For the first few months it wont.
Then it'll plaster Ninty online like the black plague raged through medieval Europe.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
By my count on the Wii they had a few "impossible score" type checks and did mac bans for them, a fixed bug for game (mario kart round the flagpole type stuff) and not a lot else, granted Sony faced similar issues with the PS3 when that fell. The 3ds presently stands at them having basic save encryption, patching a game when they hosed it up royally in the first place and transmitted secret data, arguably not needed data and to a theoretically hostile entity, for pokemon in unobfuscated (let alone actually encrypted) and highly predictable form. The only thing I can see possibly helping is the unique keys for wifi games.

It might not turn out the utter free for all that was the DS and Wii, the entry requirements alone seeing to that, but I would be stunned if they have something resembling a hardened online service.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1