3DS CFW install Service

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Stephano, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Stephano
    OP

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    an anti-anime bunker
    If it works it works it works. I'll add you

2. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    ill gladly be of service should anyone need it :)

I've got an old 3ds, new 3ds xl, 4 old 3ds xl and a 2ds under my belt as well as hardmod experience. I'm in Upstate NY as my profile says.

(edit: not offering hardmods, too risky for me to take on but i've done my own 2x)

another edit: i have an ak2i with ntrboot installed, not doing dsi transfer. id meet locally but prefer via mail.

Last edited by VashTS, Aug 13, 2017
    Stephano likes this.
  3. Darthsternie

Darthsternie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2015
    Germany
    So... Now with NtrCardHax released I would also be willing to help People get CFW on their 3DS. I own an Acekard2I HW81 and live in Germany. I would only do Postage.
    Not sure if that's also covered here but I would also unbrick 3DS Systems with NtrCardHax as long as they are not Gateway bricked.

Last edited by Darthsternie, Aug 18, 2017
  4. TheCheeze

TheCheeze Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Am currently in the Tacoma, WA area but moving to Colorado Springs in a week or so. Will install for free in person. Not open to mailing options since I don't want things to get lost in the move

5. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    You can sign me up for the postage option (NYC) to install ntrboothax :P

Last edited by GhostLatte, Aug 18, 2017
  6. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Did my first magnethax/ntrboothax install for a friend (had a n3DS XL on stock 11.5 firmware). The card I used was my borked Acekard 2i (HW 81) (spring is broken so can't use it as a legit flashcart). I also used a stack of rare earth magnets (from the Japanese dollar store in the ass end of town) to trigger the exploit. Took approximately 10 minutes - as I am so not familiar with using Rosalina on the new version of Luma3DS.

Much! Much easier than creating an emunand, formatting and then rewriting it to the sysnand and hoping nothing breaks. Hell, even doing the DSiWare was/is awful.

Only thing is that I had trouble triggering the exploit. The key combination is awkward (although even more so on an o3DS). The system should trigger it with the magnets on the system.

Last edited by astrangeone, Aug 18, 2017
  7. XxShalevElimelechxX

XxShalevElimelechxX GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2016
    Israel
    You do NAND downgrades (PS3) too..?

8. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    No, 99% of the time the console ylod once disassembled.

XxShalevElimelechxX likes this.
  9. rorschach86

rorschach86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2017
    Canada
    So I did it and everythng works perfect! BUT here is my issue. I went to Restore the flash on my R4 so I can use it as a ds cart but now it doesn't work. It is not a clone. IT was working perfect before but now it won't boot. I get the image of it on my DS but when I go to open it, I get a blank white screen. I have the R4i 3ds gold with the most recent wood kernel from from R4ids.cn. Any ideas?

10. JHChampion17

JHChampion17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    United States
    Hey friends, I have a new 3DS xl on stock firmware 11.6. Can anyone in downtown Chicago help me out with flashing CFW?

11. ashudow

ashudow Fronieboo

Apr 14, 2017
    Australia
    On top of a cliff about to kill myself
    Im willing to support flashing CFW to 3ds'es. I live in Adelaide, Australia. Through post that is. I will also give you recommended homebrew and cfw tools

Last edited by ashudow, Oct 12, 2017
  12. TheFIrstAv3nger

TheFIrstAv3nger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Michigan
    I'm willing to help people hack their 3ds/2ds. I only use the ntrboothax method. I'll meet or do postage. I'm located in mid Michigan (the lower peninsula)

13. XxShalevElimelechxX

XxShalevElimelechxX GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2016
    Israel
    Heya!
    Willing to help others, living in Israel, not via postage, NTRBootHax only. :)