Trophies
Website
www.darkcookies.com
XP
Country
Nice is there a site to buy 1?

I need this for something :)
Do you have $500?

Yes, i get per month $1500 on making sites and programs :)
you know when people come at ur site you get paid for it im over the 10.000 sites so thats the reason of my money
and than hosting some adverts for people :)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
you know when people come at ur site you get paid for it im over the 10.000 sites so thats the reason of my money
Sweet! Have fun with it!

And I believe there's some sites to buy it linked in the earlier pages of this thread... but they're all in a different language....

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's nothing to buy yet, but my site is here- http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/3DSCapture
The link to Katsukity's shop was posted earlier. He is reselling my board in Japan, it's the same thing. But I think he's still selling another capture board (chameleon board), It's a little hard to tell what you're getting, Google translate only goes so far...

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I see at this page, there are also capture devices for NDS and DSi: http://cart05.lolipop.jp/LA04663495/

Beldr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.darkcookies.com
XP
Country
Sweet! Have fun with it!

And I believe there's some sites to buy it linked in the earlier pages of this thread... but they're all in a different language....

my father contacted the shop owner and he might give me that device but than for more money than normal :S
he wants $1000 for it :(

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's nothing to buy yet, but my site is here- http://home.comcast....imar/3DSCapture
The link to Katsukity's shop was posted earlier. He is reselling my board in Japan, it's the same thing. But I think he's still selling another capture board (chameleon board), It's a little hard to tell what you're getting, Google translate only goes so far...

How much are we talking about for your device loopy? If you plan on mass producing, or just doing orders. Bookmarked your site, look forward to news about it.

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much are we talking about for your device loopy? If you plan on mass producing, or just doing orders. Bookmarked your site, look forward to news about it.
I don't know what your definition of "mass producing" is, but I'll be making a few hundred at a time.

It'll start at 200ish (just the board, not bundled with a 3DS). Pricing will probably change over time. Supply & Demand, and all that. I have a lot of one, and not much of the other.

Pricing is a funny thing. I have 2 distinct, very different customer bases. Casual gamers that expect dirt cheap prices with the slimmest of margins, and the "pro" youtubers / media people who don't even blink at $400+ for these. *shrug* what would YOU do?

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, while you're still here, could you tell me if you're still planning to work on HDMI Output?
Yes, I'm still planning on it. It's not a priority right now. Obviously I need to get this board done first before worrying about the next one.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$200~ would be a fair enough pricing. I'm not sure about other places, but you can get 3DS' pretty cheap around here. I got mine practically new in box, with everything for $80. Compared to the original price of the 3DS at launch $280~ isn't bad for a 3DS with video out. I'd definitely go with a preorder system. Start out with needing 10 people to preorder before you start making them. 10 of course just a number I threw out there. Sort of like the Pandora.

As for the installation, novice work? Or is it pretty much guaranteed you'll require us to ship you our 3DS'?

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the installation, novice work? Or is it pretty much guaranteed you'll require us to ship you our 3DS'?
http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/3DSCapture/install/
Install guide (it's a little outdated, but should give you a good idea of what's involved). If you're handy with a soldering iron and have steady hands, you should be able to manage. I'll probably offer a install service for an extra 20 bucks or something.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
http://home.comcast....apture/install/
Install guide (it's a little outdated, but should give you a good idea of what's involved). If you're handy with a soldering iron and have steady hands, you should be able to manage. I'll probably offer a install service for an extra 20 bucks or something.
Wait, quick question... i understand soldering is involved, but are you able to easily remove the capture device if you need to, afterward? Or are you permanently stuck with that piece jutting out after installation?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, quick question... i understand soldering is involved, but are you able to easily remove the capture device if you need to, afterward? Or are you permanently stuck with that piece jutting out after installation?

The capture board should be glued down onto the 3DS case so it won't come off while you're using it.

I'd assume so. I'm definitely interested in buying, and I know my friend in China who sells gizmos and such would love to a a hold of you. To become a retailer when the time is right. Would that be something you're interested in? Just let me know, and possible PM me some contact information I could give to him.

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can disconnect the board and put the old battery cover back on. It doesn't affect the 3DS to leave the cable unconnected. It's possible to desolder the cable too, but it is kinda tricky to do.
The capture board should be glued down onto the 3DS case so it won't come off while you're using it.

I'd assume so. I'm definitely interested in buying, and I know my friend in China who sells gizmos and such would love to a a hold of you. To become a retailer when the time is right. Would that be something you're interested in? Just let me know, and possible PM me some contact information I could give to him.
As I said, the install guide is outdated. You don't need to glue the board down anymore, it comes with a custom case that holds it in place.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb