Not open for further replies.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found this article about a week ago

Now I just cant get this out of my head, THQ thinks they are losing revenues because of roms and piracy. THQ is about the worst company there is, Im not even sure how they go about making games, but im sure its similar to the episode of south park that depicts how family guy episodes are made.

THQ is not selling many games because they plain out suck. Even when they get a good franchise like WWE, UFC, they really know how to run something into the ground. They are the absolutely worst people who should be commenting on the video gaming industry, what a horrible shitty company THQ. They dont even deserve to be talking about Nintendos 3DS, nor should they be allowed to release anymore games.

lol here is a list of all the great games THQ gave us..
THQ Games Full List of Releases

The Nintendo DS software market is often reported as being more heavily affected by piracy than its home console cousins, so third-party software publishers welcome Nintendo's claims that its upcoming 3DS handheld would be a tougher nut to crack -- and THQ executive Ian Curran corroborates those statements, saying "there's technology built in that device to really combat piracy."

"The problem with the DS market in the last few years, particularly with the DS Lite, is that it's just been attacked by piracy. It's made it almost impossible to shift any significant volume," Curran said to Computer And Video Games. The DSi combated it a little bit, but the 3DS has taken that a step further."

Portable game piracy has been a hot-button issue among publishers and analysts. "We fear a kind of thinking is become widespread that paying for software is meaningless," Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said earlier this year. And Japan's CESA trade organization claimed last month that portable console game piracy has cost the worldwide game industry $41.5 billion over five years.

Despite his confidence, Curran was not able to describe the mechanism by which the 3DS is expected to thwart pirates.

"I actually asked Nintendo to explain the technology and they said it's very difficult to do so because it's so sophisticated," he said. "They combated the piracy on Dsi, which they don't believe is cracked yet, but they know they've been hurt across the world and they believe the 3DS has got technology that can stop that."

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only decent games out of that list is the Broken Sword series - which I will admit are some of my favourite games, especially the first 2.

The rest, just, well you know. Are just bad.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But THQ makes Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle! Without them, what else could I disguise my AK2i as?
tongue.gif

If my DSi could keep track of my favorite game based on how many hours it's been played on it, DP:UJ is definitely my "favorite game".
smileipb2.png

EDIT: Not gonna lie though, Evil Dead Regeneration is an amazing game, and is definitely one of my favorites. And Conker's Bad Fur Day is the best N64 game that isn't Zelda. However, it appears THQ only made CBFD in Europe, where Rareware made it in North America.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
But THQ makes Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle! Without them, what else could I disguise my AK2i as?
tongue.gif

If my DSi could keep track of my favorite game based on how many hours it's been played on it, DP:UJ is definitely my "favorite game".
smileipb2.png

EDIT: Not gonna lie though, Evil Dead Regeneration is an amazing game, and is definitely one of my favorites. And Conker's Bad Fur Day is the best N64 game that isn't Zelda. However, it appears THQ only made CBFD in Europe, where Rareware made it in North America.
umad?

Rareware made the game (and is a British company, fuck yeah). THQ just published it in the UK, I dunno who published it in America.

Also, Banjo Pilot. YEAHHHHHHHH!

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
according to that list THQ gave us(whether publisher or developer):

broken sword
summoner
red faction
warhammer 40.000
company of heroes
juiced
saints row
sonic advance and sonic pinball
titan quest

I don't know about you guys,but I enjoyed all of those games...I'm sure there are more good games in that list that I haven't played,but those are the ones I HAVE played.
(would have put conker there as well but as gnargle said....)

ANYWAY!
I don't really think that the 3ds will "kill piracy"
ubisoft said the same thing with assassin's creed 2 and it eventually got cracked.
sure,it may have taken 2 months for a full working crack but they cracked it

I'm sure someone will find a way to crack 3ds as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol